Got myself a Rise

N16BS

May 15, 2021
Poland
Found a nice deal on Rise H30 for 4100 EUR (there are still some at Online bike shop | Top brands at cycling store hibike). Size M in Iceberg color.
1702644595337.png

I currently ride Decathlon Stilus V2, upgraded with DVO Topaz and Lyrik. It weights over 25 kg I think, and with me weighting only 70 kg with gear, the weight is noticeable even on descends. I hope the Rise will feel much more nimble.
1702650214860.jpeg

My plan is to convert it to a 160x160 mullet, and replace the brakes with 4-pot ones. Fox 36 in front, DVO Topaz in back. Brakes, most likely SRAM Codes, to not deal with Shimano's wandering bite point. Pity not many shocks available in 8.5x2.5 sizing needed for MX setup. E.g. the newest version of Topaz only exists in metric.

Will use this thread as my diary of this project.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
I have a full fat Merida and a Rise M10. I generally ride the Rise because it's nimble and light. Merida is now more for Winter slop and mud...

N16BS

May 15, 2021
Poland
I have a full fat Merida and a Rise M10. I generally ride the Rise because it's nimble and light. Merida is now more for Winter slop and mud...
I would like to keep Stilus for winter as well. But with everything MTB costing so much, unfortunately it must go to finance the Rise upgrades.

N16BS

May 15, 2021
Poland
Santa this year is on fire!

A very nice looking bike. Color is better in real life than on the photos.

Out of the box, it weighted 21.4 kg. But this is using the floor scale with me holding it in the hands. With this method and with pedals removed, my Stilus weights 25.9. That's with wider and thicker tiers, 4-pot brakes, bigger rotors and bigger shock. The battery is bigger as well, but that does not matter, as 540Wh should be enough for my rides, so they are functionally equal for me.

All in all, I hoped for a bigger difference in weight. But carbon is too pricey, maybe one day. I hope on the trail the difference will be more noticeable. And that I will not bring it to the same 25kg with my upgrades 😁.

Riding in the parking lot, everything feels nice. It seems it is much easier to pedal it with the motor off, than Stilus. Dunno if it's weight, or a mechanical difference between Shimano and Bosh motors.

My plan for the upgrades:
* 27.5 rear wheel.
* Longer rear shock to fix the geo with a small wheel.
* Fox 36 160mm up front.
* 4-pot brakes and bigger rotors.
* Proper Enduro tiers.
* 160mm or 155mm cranks.

Already ordered the Fox 36 with a very nice discount.

IMG_4775.png IMG_4776.png

Tony4wd

Subscriber
Aug 3, 2022
Australia
imho you could hold off on the rear wheel and shock and see how it rides with the other upgrades. The rear suspension already works well. Nice looking bike.

Tony4wd

Subscriber
Aug 3, 2022
Australia
I ran a bit of protective tape along a few parts of my bike - along the top tube, down the sides of the downtube and around the headtube (for cable rub).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles