Levo Gen 3 Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

finnishrider

Apr 6, 2022
Finland
Having a hard time deciding. Which one would be the one for me. Comp Carbon or Expert? Would the expert be that much better?
Im not thinking of changing the fork down the road.

Option A:
Comp Carbon with some upgrades
- Equip the FOX36 with Vorsprung coil
- Rear with coil shock (Öhlins or EXT storia)
- AXS rear

Option B:
Stock Expert
- Have a fox38 with grip 2 damper
- Good quality rear airshock
- Some better parts on the transmission

It is hard to decide. I like the colour scheme more on Expert, but comp carbon is a looker too.

What would you guys too. Aluminium levo is out of calculations as I want to try carbon this generation.

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
Having a hard time deciding. Which one would be the one for me. Comp Carbon or Expert? Would the expert be that much better?

Option A:
- AXS rear

Option B:
Stock Expert

It is hard to decide. I like the colour scheme more on Expert, but comp carbon is a looker too.

What would you guys too. Aluminium levo is out of calculations as I want to try carbon this generation.
I'd go for B🤘 i have a pro with 38s smashpot coil , ohlins TTX , AXS etc , great bike , first specialized emtb so can't compare it ,
Not overly pleased so far , already in for motor replacement 👎

Last edited:

maramouse

Mar 24, 2018
Genoa Italy
This is my bike with the last upgrade: cascade link for long shock 230x65, fox dhx2 2021 factory with ichu xls spring 525 lbs and fox 38 with airshaft 170 mm and Diaz supension Runt

kenlevo1.jpg

kenlevo2.jpg

Last edited:

akira

Dec 9, 2021
SanDiego

Option A:
- AXS rear

Option B:
Stock Expert

Go with Expert! It’s got the 38, better drive, and you already like the looks ⚡

B4CC195B-51DE-4A34-9AF9-9A140949DA3F.jpeg

maramouse

Mar 24, 2018
Genoa Italy
Sweet bike! :D What is the bashguard you are using?

Hi, I don't use a bashguard, if you mean the motor protection it is from the french company AVS known for the handguards used by Nico Vouilloz.
The rear mudguard is made by the english company SicoMTB, the front by Allmountainstyle AMS

Last edited:

thewrx

Sep 4, 2019
US
For those who curious if a rear light wiring through the seat post stop hole possible, here we are. Remove the screw, insert the cable, finish! Looks everything still keep functioning as they supposed to View attachment 86656 View attachment 86657 View attachment 86658 View attachment 86659 View attachment 86656 View attachment 86657 View attachment 86658 View attachment 86659
I wish my 2020-21 carbon frame had that small access port, as I have the same lupine light setup front and rear (best ever imo). When I upgraded from an aluminum to carbon I went to re-install my taillight and was like wtf. I am still on the fence whether or not I want to drill a small hole for the wire, and probably wont matter; however I will be selling this bike within a year and don't want to hurt my chances on transferable warranty or lose a sale from a concerned buyer. I may just run it externally, and tuck the wire in between the motor cover and frame, just a few inches lower than where you have yours now. (where the foam piece goes to keep debris from connectors.)

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
I wish my 2020-21 carbon frame had that small access port, as I have the same lupine light setup front and rear (best ever imo). When I upgraded from an aluminum to carbon I went to re-install my taillight and was like wtf. I am still on the fence whether or not I want to drill a small hole for the wire, and probably wont matter; however I will be selling this bike within a year and don't want to hurt my chances on transferable warranty or lose a sale from a concerned buyer. I may just run it externally, and tuck the wire in between the motor cover and frame, just a few inches lower than where you have yours now. (where the foam piece goes to keep debris from connectors.)

I routed it in from there on my Levo Comp:

InkedIMG_6015 (1)_LI.jpg

Last edited:

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
How long do you guys ride for? My battery powered rear light lasts for hours and hours.
I like Lupine because it's always there, and it's always on when bike is on and off when bike is off. :)
Set it and forget.
Same goes at front with Lupine SL.

Reactions: Han

Han

May 25, 2021
Vienna
I like Lupine because it's always there, and it's always on when bike is on and off when bike is off. :)
Set it and forget.
Same goes at front with Lupine SL.
Spot on, that’s what I feel also. Installation finished , one side arm secure screw got loose without over tightening, Lupine promised will send a free replacement

C0F2E587-7CB7-4D89-8399-746413653743.jpeg
58F5BB81-7698-44E5-BAD6-E8D90F8A2EB6.jpeg
24847696-FB21-4AE0-A821-C821AE10058A.jpeg

Goride45

Mar 8, 2022
Redding, CA
My alloy comp came with a float X and I'm interested in upgrading to get more adjustment.

I keep reading people are blowing up X2's but I also see that fox updated the 2022 X2's chassis to be stiffer. Are people still having issues with their 22 X2's?

Other option is the new DVO Topaz which I've ran on another bike before and was impressed with it. I can get a factory custom tune and it's been updated up handle the levo clevis design.

James_MTB

Jan 15, 2018
I sent my X2 back under warranty. I was told it was worn body due to sideload.

They blamed the bike design! They'll keep repairing it until it's out of warranty!!

I'm now running an Ohlins TTX

thewrx

Sep 4, 2019
US
I routed it in from there on my Levo Comp:

View attachment 86958
Yep thats how mine was run too, now I have a carbon frame same year and no access port as shown :(

the only thing I wish lupine would improve on this lighting setup is a double handlebar mount on both sides of the light. Ive broken them 2x. (So order extra, because taping a light tohandlebars while you wait sure sucks)

mike172

May 12, 2021
Surrey
Does any one find their Gen 3 Levo a bit.... sloppy out back? Hard to describe but the bike to me feels as though the rear end can be quite wobbly. Almost like the rear triangle is made out of flexible plastic.

Everything is tight, so unless the bearings are toast I think it might just be the suspension design. Finding it quite off putting as I recently bought a 22 Aluminium Patrol and its stiff as you like so jumping back onto the Levo it feels like somethings wrong with it.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Does any one find their Gen 3 Levo a bit.... sloppy out back? Hard to describe but the bike to me feels as though the rear end can be quite wobbly. Almost like the rear triangle is made out of flexible plastic.

Everything is tight, so unless the bearings are toast I think it might just be the suspension design. Finding it quite off putting as I recently bought a 22 Aluminium Patrol and its stiff as you like so jumping back onto the Levo it feels like somethings wrong with it.
What wheels do you have on it? I've found the stock Roval wheels to have quite a lot of flex. Going back to back with my carbon wheels the difference in steering precision and rear end stiffness is substantial.

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane

So does this tick tick tick sound like the motor is on the way out. It's not the seat as I've tried a couple of seats. Maybe the dropper post?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles