Levo Gen 3 Kenevo vs Gen 3 Levo

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
Help me decide. I would rather have a burlier setup with longer travel. I would prefer a mullet and obviously the updated TCU.

So I go Kenevo and upgrade to mullet down the road. But I am worried about the rear linkage on the Kenevo and shock failures.

Or I go Levo and extend the fork to 170 and later wish I had more rear travel.

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
san francisco, california
Help me decide. I would rather have a burlier setup with longer travel. I would prefer a mullet and obviously the updated TCU.

So I go Kenevo and upgrade to mullet down the road. But I am worried about the rear linkage on the Kenevo and shock failures.

Or I go Levo and extend the fork to 170 and later wish I had more rear travel.
I currently have both

did so many configurations on my ‘20 Kenevo
27.5 with boxxer (stock)
Mullet with fox 40
Mullet with fox 38
29er with fox 40
And currently at 29er with fox 38. Probably my favorite set up. All the non stock set ups had a factory x2 230x65 shock

My ‘22 levo on the other hand has 170mm fox 38
I can say I’m lovin the levo more than my Kenevo. I’m used to big travel bikes and the Levo feels like it has more travel in the rear than it actually has. The handling on the new Levo is superb and the adjustability is bar none.

1623721328032.jpeg

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
What size are you bikes and how tall are you? Does the Levo feel sized smaller for the same size bike as the Kenevo?

I am 183cm and feel comfortable that I would want an S4 in a Kenevo, but I am not sure if I would want to size up to S5 on the Levo.

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
What size are you bikes and how tall are you? Does the Levo feel sized smaller for the same size bike as the Kenevo?

I am 183cm and feel comfortable that I would want an S4 in a Kenevo, but I am not sure if I would want to size up to S5 on the Levo.
I’m just a little over 5’8” and ride an s4 on both bikes. The black Kenevo pictured used to be mine and it’s an S3. I’m truly an S3 by regular standards. The S4 Kenevo was RAD positive for me. The S4 Levo is now perfect for me at RAD neutral. I didn’t even have to use a shorter stem on the Levo.

ScottWest

Oct 17, 2019
Oregon

I have both in S4. The levo feels smaller.

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
At 6 foot even, do I need to think about going S5 or should I stay on with S4 which seems to be the recommendation from the website?

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
At 6 foot even, do I need to think about going S5 or should I stay on with S4 which seems to be the recommendation from the website?
Only you can answer that question for yourself

There are more shops that have 22 Levos now

Not sure where you are located, but if you can find one at a shop to test ride or at least sit on then try that first

Where i'm at there are shops that have demos available

Kenevos seem to be non-existent right now anyways. Although there are some in Oregon

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
The current kenevo has so many niggles that i wouldn't consider it. When it works its good but that floppy rear end causes all sorts of problems and the boxxer is just a PITA that will dent your frame on the smallest off. Dual crowns are not designed for 25kg bikes hitting the floor and unlike normal bikes they don't bounce.

Its also going to be replaced soon by a fox 38 mullet with carbon frame and that will make the current model feel very old in comparison.

Thanks for this, really convinced me to avoid the Kenevo. How do you know this new update is coming and when will we see it?

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
The current kenevo has so many niggles that i wouldn't consider it. When it works its good but that floppy rear end causes all sorts of problems and the boxxer is just a PITA that will dent your frame on the smallest off. Dual crowns are not designed for 25kg bikes hitting the floor and unlike normal bikes they don't bounce.

Its also going to be replaced soon by a fox 38 mullet with carbon frame and that will make the current model feel very old in comparison.
do you own a kenevo? I'm considering one against a gen3 levo myself.
floppy rear end?
and do you have a link or anything for the info on the new mullet kenevo?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The 180mm travel on the rear end means the rear tyre moves alot and puts a lot of side load on the shock. This is why there are issues with coils on the Kenevo.
You do know this isn't the only 180mm rear bike don't you ?

Like even the Gen 1 Kenevo is the same setup and if you run it with a TTX, problem free forever.

I'm not sure why you keep selling the same pish to the world and incorrectly influencing peoples decisions. The shocks fail because people use shocks which aren't designed to be used with shock extenders - like 50% of bikes suspension designs use. The shock extender puts orders of magnitude of additional force on the bottom eyelet and so the shocks bend in compression. The same thing happens on Levo's with 150mm if you use the wrong shock.

There's an embargo on the new Kenevo, hence why we're polite enough to not talk about it so the mods don't have to clean up.

Lets say if one of us had already broken numerous forum rules, like multiple id's and generally going out of their way to argue with people, don't you think it might be wise for that person to stay in line a bit so they don't get cleaned up at the same time as their posts ?

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Yes i own the Kenevo.

The 180mm travel on the rear end means the rear tyre moves alot and puts a lot of side load on the shock. This is why there are issues with coils on the Kenevo.

I have the full spec of the new Kenevo. Its basically a Gen 3 levo with 180mm and carbon front triangle. No idea of frame design. Looks like X2 Fox Air shock on the back.
have you compared the wayward rear of the kenevo to the wayward rear of the levo?
my 2020 levo is pretty bendy at the back and gets worse with speed and general jankieness of the trail. thats after fitting a hope fortus 30 and a DH casing tyre. I often check that I dont have a puncture or the bolts havent come loose etc.
to be fair, its not something I noticed until recently, all the bearings are good, the wheel and tyre are good so im guessing its all in the design.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
As I said, it's pointless trying to converse with you as you haven't got a clue.

You do know they all use the same FSR linkage. Do you even know what a shock extender is ? Do you even understand how it works and where the forces go. Air shocks are far less prone to fail as the whole structure is thicker. A coil shock has a slim shaft. Not all shocks are designed to be used in conjunction with a shock extender setup because of the huge force loading at applies. Maybe just for once go and learn something instead of repeating some crap out of your rektum you've heard from some deep dark padded section of the internet.

Do you think any actual thought goes in to this stuff?

Are you for real ? I'm not saying mistakes haven't been made, as was discussed weeks ago in a similar thread which you've obviously forgotten about because it didn't fit with your belief's ?

Painful.. go on now, carry on in your own little world of insane joy and ignorance.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
What problems have you had that have resulted in a free bike?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
So it's a replacement then? Or are you keeping the broken bike as well?

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
jealous much?
If I was, would it make me wrong and you right?
I gotta give you credit for coming up with the ultimate excuse for the wife!
im gonna have to use this one with my missus..

"hey look, I got a free bike"
"really, how?"
"dead easy, gave them 6k!"
[wife stares speechless]
(I walk off like a boss)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
C o u l d n 't help it ............ had to peek at the insanity ..

Its not like i dont know what im talking about on this either. Ive had so many problems with this im getting a free bike!

The endless same pattern continues. Mr troll all the spesh threads and say anyone who buys a Spesh bike is an a-hole, they're crap, they're a rip off. Mr anyone who uses an LBS is a mug. Mr I know so little that I can't set my Decoy to jump so sell it and tell anyone on the forum with a decoy that their bike is sh1t. Mr then buys a Spesh from his LBS .. says it's shit but says he can't change because he's "tied in" ?!? WTF ? Mr no one gets anything over on me, I've sued hundreds and always won freeloading parasite that the rest of us no doubt end up paying for.

So it's really no surprise that he's had problems again. But fortunately that means he knows what he's talking about - Man who can't change a light bulb (despite watching youtube video) declares himself expert on electricity because of the knowledge gained by not being able to do things and in the meantime breaks everything and demands a new house from lightbulb company.

Ive had a unique combination of problems

And there we have it ... Unique .. he's certainly unique. Only a unique combination of ignorance, arrogance, stupidity & aggression could cause all the problems he's had. You've got to feel for the poor buggers at Spesh (and all the previous bike companies) who have to politely liaise with this moron.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
It seems like it's lucky you relented and paid all that extra money for some customer service after all...

Fx1/zero/Rekt said:
Would I pay an extra grand for some customer service... lol no.. people are paying 2 to 3k more for it though.

:ROFLMAO:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Don't forget some of the all time classics of "Mr I'm always correct whatever my opinion, even if I contradict myself endlessly trying to make the world think I have a clue."

When Rektum/Zero/FX1 was a Decoy fan and used to troll the Spesh owners :

Screenshot 2021-06-17 16.39.59.png

Even the Kenevo's crap :

Screenshot 2021-06-17 16.41.38.png

But then he bought a Kenevo ... ?!?!

I changed from Shimano because i felt the motor was underpowered. Im pretty sure the Brose is significantly more powerful as i fly up fire roads past Shimano bikes now and also a Trek Rail with the Bosch.

Im pretty impressed with this motor so far, as well as the 700wh battery

But then he had a creak, which despite his vast knowledge and always correctness - was incorrectly diagnosed by his magnificence ....

Screenshot 2021-06-17 16.50.00.png

And so began all the "unique" problems with the front end of the bike - which obviously were all Specialized's fault - because he never fecks anything up and has problems...

Not to mention what an expert he is on tyres - despite being a tyre expert and yet doesn't even know what tyres he put on his own bike ...

Screenshot 2021-06-17 16.53.04.png

And obviously as our forum suspension expert .. The man who now has to have coil shocks .. his previous opinion when someone dared to talk about one ...

It's just a fad. 9/10 wouldnt even know why they would want one other than they look cool.

Personally I cant be bothered with the fixed spring given my weight can fluctuate 10kg over a year depending on how many holidays I go on!

Sorry .. it's all very boring ..

Can we just agree he's correct about everything, until he's correct about the next thing and then incorrect about the last thing he was correct about - Can he be quantum correct ? Correct about multiple different things all at the same time even when you say they're not correct ?

Like here .. lets all agree he followed through on this and has a new Bosch Gen 4 S-Works Levo on it's way ..

My Kenevo is on order. If it turns out to be a lemon ill send it back and get a Bosch based bike.

A quick short to end on .... Mr Irony ...

Let's make one thing absolutely clear.

Bike shops hate direct to consumer brands.

People who work in bikes shops hate direct to consumer brands

Mechanics who work in bike shops hate direct to consumer brands

So you have to be careful listening to these bull shit stories. Because there is an agenda at play here.

This is why you get random people on here posting hate on the brand without ever owning one.

Ebikes have more problems than they should because they are new tech. Just ask any 2019 levo owner..

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
No wonder you spend all your time on here digging up old posts because if I owned that clapped out Gen 1 Kenevo I wouldn't be seen dead on it either...
So it is all about image rather than enjoyment for you ? That's rhetorical, I'm pretty sure 99% of forum member realise that already. I just hope one day you can actually learn to enjoy your own bikes and enjoy riding. Maybe even enjoy the whole experience, ideology, friendship which goes with it. It doesn't matter if you're Sam Hill or Zimmer over the Hill, it's about having fun and enjoying life, not trying to project your own self importance to the world.

Weird though, not like you to go out of their way to insult another group of members in a few words.

I must be just as sad as you, I'm unignoring you temporarily to see your intellectual replies that you've logged off to copy and paste my replies into your posts when logged back on again. .... :ROFLMAO:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles