Levo Gen 3 Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

Barbs734

Aug 2, 2021
UK
If 240psi works for Mike then the suggested 10% increase to 265psi is still well below the max 350psi for the X2.

I’m wondering if that’s enough for him though as I’m running 240psi at 82kg plus kit………..

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
@mike172 I’m 95kg fully kitted and running 270psi to get 30% sag. The suspension does feel nice as standard but it would be nice to have a bit more travel and the option to run a coil without running out of spring rate. It’ll be interesting see how you you get on.

Sfizzle26

Jan 6, 2022
Texas
Just received my 2022 Comp Alloy in blue - it is beautiful. This is my first e-bike and so far I have had just a couple rides. My first impressions are that the motor is much smoother and quieter than is could have imagined. I spent most of my time in the middle setting and the power delivery was spot on. When I needed the help it was there and when I didn't, it seemed to just sit there just waiting to go when called upon. This middle setting is where I feel like I will spend most of my time. Turbo is insane and fun, but where I ride not really needed. Did I mention how quiet the motor is? Amazing. I know the previous motor had some issues, but I can imagine all the stops were pulled to make sure this doesn't happen again.

While not top of the line, all the components worked well. I am sure I will change out the bars and stem first, but for the present, I will make other changes only as needed. The bike is heavier than I imagined and it takes some doing to get it loaded into the back of my truck; however, the weight was imperceptible on the trail and provides a very stable platform.

I agree the cost is more than I think it should be, but so is my truck and most of my other toys. My decision was based on what I thought is the best platform (frame, shocks, and motor) I could afford and available to me. Some of the other bikes I researched either aren't supported in my area or were out of stock. My research led me to believe that the Alloy Comp was the choice for me. Everything else is easily upgraded if and when I choose.

As a side note, I registered on the specialized website to receive an email when the bike I selected was available. Sure enough, I had notification aprox. 10 days later and was able to complete my purchase on-line. The bike was shipped to a nearby dealer and they built the bike for me. This process was extremely simple to complete.

I am a 50 yr old who doesn't ride nearly enough and doesn't enjoy the struggle of getting back into shape like I did when younger. This bike has changed me and I am already riding more. The overall experience is more fun, I can ride longer, and it has brought back a youthful exuberance. I hope this information helps someone with their purchase. If you have any questions please let me know. At least right now, I love my bike!

crazyethnic

Sep 26, 2018
Australia Victoria
I have gone from coil back to air, if you can't get the right coil it won't work for you and that's the only adjustment you've got but if your carrying a bit of weight it's your best opposition.

Sfizzle26

Jan 6, 2022
Texas
Well show us it then :)

Congrats
2E9CEF3C-8125-41BC-9038-1389D239D059.jpeg

Here she is - had a great ride today. Spent some time getting everything dialed in a little more. This bike loves to go fast. My ride today has lots of drops and high speed hits / at this point I’m the one holding us back, but for now couldn’t be happier with my purchase.

roccobarocco

Feb 26, 2020
Germany
They just increased the prices again throughout the range, now the Expert will change the owner for 10200 Euros in Germany. S-Works is 15000 Euros!

🤣

akira

Dec 9, 2021
SanDiego
They just increased the prices again throughout the range, now the Expert will change the owner for 10200 Euros in Germany. S-Works is 15000 Euros!

🤣

What was the price on Expert before they increase? The U.S. website did not increase yet, but I’m sure it will soon.

photodavo

Dec 2, 2021
Colorado
Just picked up my Comp Alloy over the weekend and rather annoyed that Specialized appears to have made the decision to not include the SWAT tool in the headset. Really? I was already disappointed that the Alloy versions were not going to include the Mastermind TCU but at least I understand that business decision to stay with the original TCU on the lower spec bikes as a cost saving measure. But to leave off the $85 SWAT tool on a $7500 bike just seams silly. Can anyone else who has purchased a Comp Alloy in the US confirm if their bike included the SWAT tool?

Thanks!

gbarfoot

Sep 1, 2020
Colorado usa
Just picked up my Comp Alloy over the weekend and rather annoyed that Specialized appears to have made the decision to not include the SWAT tool in the headset. Really? I was already disappointed that the Alloy versions were not going to include the Mastermind TCU but at least I understand that business decision to stay with the original TCU on the lower spec bikes as a cost saving measure. But to leave off the $85 SWAT tool on a $7500 bike just seams silly. Can anyone else who has purchased a Comp Alloy in the US confirm if their bike included the SWAT tool?

Thanks!
None of the images on their website have the tool, but the other models do. Agreed this is a crap saving strategy. It also looks like the bottle cage with the tool might not fit either as the cage sits low to the motor housing.

akira

Dec 9, 2021
SanDiego

Thanks!
Saw a few Comp Alloys in a shop last week and none of them had the SWAT tool in the headset.

mike172

May 12, 2021
Surrey
See the cascade link has changed to pre order. Don't remember seeing that when I ordered mine... Explains why it hasn't shipped since 6x days ago

Going to cancel I think. Bike works pretty well at 170/150 anyway

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
See the cascade link has changed to pre order. Don't remember seeing that when I ordered mine... Explains why it hasn't shipped since 6x days ago

Going to cancel I think. Bike works pretty well at 170/150 anyway
Yes, it does. Wouldn’t make me any faster!

Sfizzle26

Jan 6, 2022
Texas

Thanks!
Mine did not come with the SWAT tool, but I already have a tool kit that fits in the bar ends, so wasn't a big deal for me I guess.

Sfizzle26

Jan 6, 2022
Texas
None of the images on their website have the tool, but the other models do. Agreed this is a crap saving strategy. It also looks like the bottle cage with the tool might not fit either as the cage sits low to the motor housing.

You can slide the cage up and I think it provides enough room for the tool if you want to put one there. This might limit the size of your water bottle though. I have a bar end tool kit and it is really nice. Might be an option for you.

akira

Dec 9, 2021
SanDiego
On the German website prices went up by est. 2,5 to 5%... didn't see that coming.

BR,
Thomas

Waiting to see the U.S. website increase any day now. I have a deposit down through a Specialized Retail store and locked in the current price.

Last edited:

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Question for anyone who installed tailored kits for Invisiframe or Ridewrap on their Levo: There are a few bits of wrap installed at the factory. Are you all peeling it off to avoid creating bubbles/halos when you lay down the wrap?

On a side note, Invisiframe does come with a couple pieces tailored to protect the TCU screen. It's no tempered glass, but a nice gesture all the same.

Jamo

Jul 25, 2020
Fife
I asked a similar question when i bought my bike. In the end I have the invisiframe kit fitted but also left the factory stuff on. The factory stuff is thicker and high quality, is positioned in key places and it just seemed silly to remove perfect factory fitted protection. When i applied the invisiframe kit I trimmed a few areas carefully with a craft knife to get round the overlap or halo effect. Happy with the outcome. Others have removed all the factory stuff first I think, but that seemed counter productive to me!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles