Levo Gen 3 Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

Repsol

Dec 25, 2021
Yorkshire
@Repsol yeah you are all up to date. Force close MC with it connected to the bike, reopen it and the message should be gone. As it’s a known issue don’t worry about it, there’s nothing wrong with your bike.

Just done it and it's gone, much appreciated mate. I even tried deleting the app and reinstalling it but it still was there.

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
@Repsol no worries, glad I could help. It’s stressful enough paying a fortune for a bike without it saying it needs to go back to the dealer immediately. The issue with Mission Control has been there since the last release 2.6.1 which was months ago. I don’t know why it hasn’t been fixed by Specialized yet, it must have caused lots of hassle for owners and dealers with bikes being returned unnecessarily.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
@Repsol no worries, glad I could help. It’s stressful enough paying a fortune for a bike without it saying it needs to go back to the dealer immediately. The issue with Mission Control has been there since the last release 2.6.1 which was months ago. I don’t know why it hasn’t been fixed by Specialized yet, it must have caused lots of hassle for owners and dealers with bikes being returned unnecessarily.
Not sure what's going on there. They've not been very forum active in the same time period, so presumably there's a staff shortage or just other things going on behind the scenes like new bike launches and so on.

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
Could be volume of work due to the massive surge in demand and that they haven’t had time to address this issue or hang out with the bike nerds here. ;) I can’t imagine that they have a large number of devs working on the app so staff turnover and new products could have a big impact on their capacity for running changes.

I still think this is a little issue that warrants sorting out though as it must’ve wasted countless hours for customers and dealers alike.

crazyethnic

Sep 26, 2018
Australia Victoria
My bike was 1 day old, and it said the same that the first up date has to be done at the shop and when I checked the soft where it said it was up to date ,so not going to worry about it bike rides great the shop can worry about that when the first service is done.I think a lot of people are getting there nuts in a twist just get out there and ride that sucker.

beutelfuchs

Aug 11, 2019
Barcelona
Anyone who fit a coil shock on his 2022 Levo?
If so, which one and how satiesfied are you?
Did the bike become too linear with the coil or does it bottom out more than before?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Anyone who fit a coil shock on his 2022 Levo?
If so, which one and how satiesfied are you?
Did the bike become too linear with the coil or does it bottom out more than before?
This thread should help you :

mike172

May 12, 2021
Surrey
Going back to the rattle/knocking people have

I am wondering if its the Fox X2 that makes the knocking and the vibration to go with it? Both the X2 Elite (that came with the expert) and my new X2 factory do this. One member said it might be oil flowing through the compression circuits on a previous page so it maybe completely normal. The shock itself is very good but I get a light 'knock/thud' as a cycle the shock quickly and its most notable when going slow-ish over something like roots or braking bumps. It drives me to distraction sometimes

Sounds as though the shock bolts are a little loose - don't think they are, there is no play in them at torque. I have a 2019 Stumpjumper which has loose bolts and am confident its not that. Ive tried PTFE tape on the bolt to try remove any play, made sure there is thread lock on the bolt, greased the bolt. Tried at different shock pressures all tests gave me the same noise.

I've checked battery and even bolstered it with gorilla tape as a DIY spacer. It doesn't move up/down/left/right and riding without the battery in place still gave me the same knock.

Ive checked and cleaned the headset repeatedly and gone back and forth between the cups, star nuts and the Specialized tool. Replaced the entire headset assembly with hope stuff. feels nice and tight

I am going to try my superdeluxe ultimate (probably on Monday) as I know that doesn't make a noise (other than air hissing, the shock is so smooth its incredible) and get the X2 off for a service see if it can be improved if the knocking stops.

Highly doubt its the cable routing, cant imagine that causing the knock/thud like vibrations I get. Plus I've jammed stuff down the tubes under the cables to stop any noises from them.

I am getting there with this bike - slowly. Love the geometry and the way it rides

So the knock thing has reduced significantly with this Superdeluxe to the point its bearly noticeable. What's left maybe stiction or just required movement in the bolt and mount. Going to get a couple of rides on it soon

I am using TF Tuned mounting hardware on the SD vs Fox on the X2. Both brand new. I do think it's the X2 making the noise

20220103_124456.jpg

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
So the knock thing has reduced significantly with this Superdeluxe to the point its bearly noticeable. What's left maybe stiction or just required movement in the bolt and mount. Going to get a couple of rides on it soon

I am using TF Tuned mounting hardware on the SD vs Fox on the X2. Both brand new. I do think it's the X2 making the noise

View attachment 79264
I also had a knock issue with the X2. Could feel it through the frame on choppy descents. Turned out the shock had cavitation and needed warranty service.

Repsol

Dec 25, 2021
Yorkshire
Well that didn't last long, the warning sign is back on again, the app froze and I had to reinstall it. The bike is going back yet again to the main dealer 3 days after receiving the second bike. I'm beginning to wish I'd never bought it, this doesn't inspire confidence whatsoever. I told the dealer regarding the issues people have had with this potentially being an app issue. I was informed they'd never had a gen3 with this issue before.

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
Well that didn't last long, the warning sign is back on again, the app froze and I had to reinstall it. The bike is going back yet again to the main dealer 3 days after receiving the second bike. I'm beginning to wish I'd never bought it, this doesn't inspire confidence whatsoever. I told the dealer regarding the issues people have had with this potentially being an app issue. I was informed they'd never had a gen3 with this issue before.
Is your dealer F-d up? Seems very strange.

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
@Repsol that’s bad news mate. Reinstalling the app doesn’t work, it has to be force closed while it’s open and connected and then reopened again. There’s nothing the dealer can do about that, it’s a back end issue in the Mission Control app that requires software changes by the developers and an updated app to be released. This, as yet, many months after Beta testers have confirmed it (including myself) has not happened.

I have a Gen 3 Levo Expert and can confirm that I have had this issue with this bike. Previously I have had the same issue with a 2020 Kenevo. As above it is not related to the bike it is an application issue. This is confirmed in the Specialized Beta testing section (you have to be one of the beta testers to access this) of the forum by @Specialized Rider Care themselves.

Don’t worry about the bike, it’ll still work perfectly even with this error message in the app. All it’s reporting is a firmware update that doesn’t exist, nor an actual real problem. I personally wouldn’t be taking it back. There’s nothing the dealer can do, it is concerning that there are still dealers supplying bikes that are unaware of this problem.

I totally understand your frustration, luxury items like our bikes should be a lot less hassle than they are given how much they cost.

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
@Repsol that’s bad news mate. Reinstalling the app doesn’t work, it has to be force closed while it’s open and connected and then reopened again. There’s nothing the dealer can do about that, it’s a back end issue in the Mission Control app that requires software changes by the developers and an updated app to be released. This, as yet, many months after Beta testers have confirmed it (including myself) has not happened.

I have a Gen 3 Levo Expert and can confirm that I have had this issue with this bike. Previously I have had the same issue with a 2020 Kenevo. As above it is not related to the bike it is an application issue. This is confirmed in the Specialized Beta testing section (you have to be one of the beta testers to access this) of the forum by @Specialized Rider Care themselves.

Don’t worry about the bike, it’ll still work perfectly even with this error message in the app. All it’s reporting is a firmware update that doesn’t exist, nor an actual real problem. I personally wouldn’t be taking it back. There’s nothing the dealer can do, it is concerning that there are still dealers supplying bikes that are unaware of this problem.

I totally understand your frustration, luxury items like our bikes should be a lot less hassle than they are given how much they cost.
Are you saying we can fix this ourselves in the mission control app by your 1st Paragraph?

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
Yes and no. We can’t fix the app but we can get rid of the error message by force closing it with the app open and connected to the bike and then reopening the app and connecting again.

To actually fix the app requires whatever part of the code is wrong to be corrected by the developers and an updated app to be released on the App Store/Play Store which has not happened yet.

Repsol

Dec 25, 2021
Yorkshire

Thanks for this extra info, I did force close it and reopened it but I recon the force closer then made the app not work hence having to delete and reinstall it, the bike has another fault despite the warning update, the multitool won't extract from the stem, upon examination and measuring the holder for the multitool, it is slightly bent causing the tool to stick. I'll never buy a specilized ever again, I hope specilized are reading this. I can't believe all specilized concept stores aren't aware of the app issue, though I guess they'll need it back just to confirm it's not the bike.

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
Do you like riding the bike? Seems
Bonkers to dismiss the bike and what actually is a minor issue and does not affect the ride at all. The swat tool also being very minor and a warranty job.

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
Where in the country are you? A trip to Berkshire cycles will
No doubt get everything sorted.

Repsol

Dec 25, 2021
Yorkshire

But if that's the case why does some do it and not others?

Repsol

Dec 25, 2021
Yorkshire
Do you like riding the bike? Seems
Bonkers to dismiss the bike and what actually is a minor issue and does not affect the ride at all. The swat tool also being very minor and a warranty job.

The dealer will need to rule out any other possible causes, Yes the stuck multitool is a minor issue but on top of what's previously happened with the first bike then this, either shows that the dealer isn't carrying out a thorough pdi or specilized have a very poor quality control. Given the issues surrounding the first bike I would have expected that the second bike would have been meticulously checked over. I don't expect this on a bike costing £7750

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
@Repsol that thing with the multi tool, they all do that too! Mine has got stuck on more than one occasion, as has my mates in his Levo and so has another friends in his Kenevo SL. The tool can be got out with pliers but this is obviously less than ideal.

If it makes you feel better (which it probably won’t!) friends with other ebikes with Bosch and Shimano motors have had issues too. None of them are as reliable as they should be for how much they cost. Saying this I have had problems with normal bikes too, ebikes are worse because of their added complexity and cost though.

Let us know how you get on with the dealer and what they say. Specialized are aware of the issue with the app, I do not know why it hasn’t been address yet.

Try not to let it spoil the bike for you, they really are great when you get out and ride. It’ll get sorted and it’ll be Spring soon enough, the weather will be better and you’ll be happily flying around on it.

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
But if that's the case why does some do it and not others?
I honestly don’t know mate. It seems to happen more often than not. Actually I don’t know anyone who has one, or has had one, that hasn’t had this issue. That’s at least five different bikes of varying ages.

irinotecan

Sep 24, 2018
New York
Thanks for this extra info, I did force close it and reopened it but I recon the force closer then made the app not work hence having to delete and reinstall it, the bike has another fault despite the warning update, the multitool won't extract from the stem, upon examination and measuring the holder for the multitool, it is slightly bent causing the tool to stick. I'll never buy a specilized ever again, I hope specilized are reading this. I can't believe all specilized concept stores aren't aware of the app issue, though I guess they'll need it back just to confirm it's not the bike.

The stuck multi-tool problem can be solved by inserting it with the largest hex key facing left and back, as in photo

67AAC489-E1C5-4FCB-9C2C-6BBC0105D2B6.jpeg

Paolone

Jul 20, 2019
Italia
Ho anche avuto un problema con l'X2. Poteva sentirlo attraverso il telaio su discese instabili. Si è scoperto che l'ammortizzatore aveva cavitazione e aveva bisogno di assistenza in garanzia.
[/CITAZIONE]

ciao Rob! dopo quanti km o miglia hai avuto problemi con l'x2? grazie

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles