Official Merida eOne-Sixty thread

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
Anyone have suggestions for replacement tyres? I want to stick with 27.5 x 2.8" size for now but i would like to put something faster rolling on the rear. I figure this is where most of your weight/drag is and a reduction in rear grip won't be too noticeable on the trails ?

The 27.5 x 2.8 DHR 2 EXO 3C TR are like a pulling a sled behind you - even when jacked up to 40psi. Very noticeable on the commute to work today. I will be biking to work a couple times per week in future.

Trails i ride on are mostly dry, hard packed dirt with a few rocks and soft/sandy bits thrown in here and there. Hot dry weather in Australia! Not worried about wet weather or mud as i just don't go near it

Last edited:

Tommyknocker

Feb 14, 2019
Madrid
Anyone have suggestions for replacement tyres? I want to stick with 27.5 x 2.8" size for now but i would like to put something faster rolling on the rear. I figure this is where most of your weight/drag is and a reduction in rear grip won't be too noticeable on the trails ?

The 27.5 x 2.8 DHR 2 EXO 3C TR are like a pulling a sled behind you - even when jacked up to 40psi. Very noticeable on the commute to work today. I will be biking to work a couple times per week in future.

Trails i ride on are mostly dry, hard packed dirt with a few rocks and soft/sandy bits thrown in here and there. Hot dry weather in Australia! Not worried about wet weather or mud as i just don't go near it
I use, Magic Mari 29X2,6 Front and Eddy current 27,5 x 2,8 Rear.... no surprise at all, very predictable.... 10 of 10

Mrloseth

Mar 7, 2019
norway
Just been told by a Merida dealer that there will be a new Enduro focused model announced for next year. Some will be carbon and others will be Aluminium. Might see some pre production samples appearing around July. My guess will be the usual longer, lower and slacker along with increased travel. Another guess is that, as Shimano have 2 year production cycles that there will be a new version of the E 8000 motor too.
the motor vill be same on 2020 modell

Dasucle

Jan 21, 2019
Spain canary islands
Something like this...:p:p

36250969-5A4E-4228-8B40-4178257B5730.jpeg

2412FFAF-3DEE-494B-81BE-A374502BECFE.jpeg

Mrloseth

Mar 7, 2019
norway
Hey. i have the 2019 eOne sixty 900 black on the way in the mail. and so far i have ordered some parts i like to put on it.
-the gold 800 mm raceface atlas handle
-50mm stem from raceface atlas
-Rockguardz carbon frame protector
-shimano e 7000 L shifter
-2 x reizel mud fenders
-raceface crank boot

But he last thing i wanted to put on for now was shorter crank arm´s and i found two types,
One from shimano that is 165mm and Miranda that have every size´s.
i think that maybe the 170mm that´s stock on the merida is maybe a bit too long for climbing an so.
but i have not tried the 900e ,only the m#rida 2019 (think its the same hight).
To compare i have a 2019 lapierre 900 carbon bosch and on that bike i dont get allot off pedalstrikes, but i think that the shimano and this 900e frame is a bit lower than my lapierre.
but off course i can wait and test when the bike arrive, But hey. i like to order and test stuff. lol
so i see that many others use 165mm but 5 mm is that any difference ?
what about 160 mm ?

Dasucle

Jan 21, 2019
Spain canary islands
I have 155cm miranda and perfect!! No more pedal strikes and no difference in pedal par for me. 160 is good option too.

About the race face handle the problem is thath you cant go inside with the e8000 shifters cables... i would like to change it too but i like the clean of all cables inside bar...

Mrloseth

Mar 7, 2019
norway
I have 155cm miranda and perfect!! No more pedal strikes and no difference in pedal par for me. 160 is good option too.

About the race face handle the problem is thath you cant go inside with the e8000 shifters cables... i would like to change it too but i like the clean of all cables inside bar...

Im used to have he cables outside on my lapierre, so i dont think this is something i will chnge my mind on, i love the gold color and that´s matching the fox gold ;-)
can i ask what is your high´t? i´m 189cm so maybee the 160mm miranda is better.

Gregbase

Mar 7, 2019
Hungary
Hey there,
This is my badboy, I couldn't be happier with this bike after my Haibike.
I did some changes, bur I totally agree, the bike in stock is a super bike as it is.
Mine came with 760 mm handlebars, I use 800 mm, so I changed it to 800 with the 35 mm stem (it was a set).
I'm really thinking of a shorter cranks, I have a lot of pedal contact (i don't blame the bike. Low centre of gravity point, 160 mm travel, what do you expect)
Just want to ask is that 0.5 or 1 cm clearence is worth it? (i f I change to 160 or 165)
Is it gonna be harder to pedal uphill with a shorter cranks?
Where should I look for a compatible cranks with good price?

Thanks!
Greg

IMG_8465.jpg

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
You won't notice the difference peddling if you go to 160mm, but would IMO beyond that - and yes they do make a difference. Pretty much the only option out there at the moment is the Miranda Delta SH - I have them on both my EMTB's in 160mm.

Miranda Bike Parts

Bob lakin

Aug 4, 2018
Devon
Hey there,
This is my badboy, I couldn't be happier with this bike after my Haibike.
I did some changes, bur I totally agree, the bike in stock is a super bike as it is.
Mine came with 760 mm handlebars, I use 800 mm, so I changed it to 800 with the 35 mm stem (it was a set).
I'm really thinking of a shorter cranks, I have a lot of pedal contact (i don't blame the bike. Low centre of gravity point, 160 mm travel, what do you expect)
Just want to ask is that 0.5 or 1 cm clearence is worth it? (i f I change to 160 or 165)
Is it gonna be harder to pedal uphill with a shorter cranks?
Where should I look for a compatible cranks with good price?

Thanks!
Greg

View attachment 11735
Nice bike !
I had same pedal strikes on my 800so changed to 55 crank arm's and skinny flats ,no strikes now . No different in climbing steeps.

Gregbase

Mar 7, 2019
Hungary
Nice bike !
I had same pedal strikes on my 800so changed to 55 crank arm's and skinny flats ,no strikes now . No different in climbing steeps.
Cool! So wehre and what kind did you get? I already checked Miranda but it's pretty expensive for 2 arm. :S

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles