Merida Eone Sixty 5000 2020

mas

Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I know it's the base model but I cannot find any reviews on them.
What are peoples thoughts about it?
Also, I would prefer to switch it out with a coil shock as I really liked it on a Giant emtb.
Can anyone foresee any issues doing this?

Thanks
MAS

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
limited edition is available with an alloy frame and better specs for the same money, might be worth looking at? E7000 drive unit is best avoided in my option. While E8000 is pretty punchy, it's no a powerhouse. I don't think i would want any less. It also seems the E7000 is less reliable and not sealed so well, e8000 is bulletproof for reliability.

mas

Apr 3, 2020
Australia
limited edition is available with an alloy frame and better specs for the same money, might be worth looking at? E7000 drive unit is best avoided in my option. While E8000 is pretty punchy, it's no a powerhouse. I don't think i would want any less. It also seems the E7000 is less reliable and not sealed so well, e8000 is bulletproof for reliability.
Thanks Mate, didn't realise it had the smaller motor. Have been trying to find out more about it but there doesnt seem to be much info or user experience around about it. Also, the limited edition is $1300 more expensive where I am.

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
Where in Aus are you located?

Also i think Merida Australia is trying to offload all their demo fleet due to the demo days being cancelled, might be worth seeing if there is something that suits in your size?

mas

Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Where in Aus are you located?

Also i think Merida Australia is trying to offload all their demo fleet due to the demo days being cancelled, might be worth seeing if there is something that suits in your size?
In Brisbane. Not planing to buy until the June, just trying to figure out what I want and need at the moment. Prices are dropping at the moment though. Trek LT and Giant Reign E+1 are both under $6k.

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
Go see Adam at Cycle in Surgery, fantastic guys to deal with and it's also a small local business to support which is a plus! They recently had a huge ebike demo day and it was a great day thanks to their whole team. I know a couple guys who just got new bikes through them and couldn't be happier

mas

Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Go see Adam at Cycle in Surgery, fantastic guys to deal with and it's also a small local business to support which is a plus! They recently had a huge ebike demo day and it was a great day thanks to their whole team. I know a couple guys who just got new bikes through them and couldn't be happier
They seem to be having a good sale at the moment. Will check them out more when I get closer to buying. Giant seem to be discounting a bit at the moment.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles