Official Merida eOne-Sixty thread

Isaacgrx

Jul 3, 2021
Adelaide
Finally got my 2021 Fox X2 Performance Elite back from Fox Warranty after a complete rebuild, air shaft was bent, housing replaced, new bearings, new seals. Gone are the squelches!

PXL_20220623_104056486.jpg

shklein

Jan 29, 2019
Israel
Hi,
Anyone else had their aluminum eone-sixty frame cracked and replaced by Merida ?
After opening service request, How much time does it takes to get a response from Merida service ?
How much time to approve a replacement ?
Local dealer claims Merida is stalling.
MeridaCrackedFrame.PNG

#FeelingIgnoredAttach files
Thanks,
S.K.

Last edited:

webman

Apr 13, 2022
Sydney
Hi,
Anyone else had their aluminum eone-sixty frame cracked and replaced by Merida ?
After opening service request, How much time does it takes to get a response from Merida service ?

#FeelingIgnored
Thanks,
S.K.
I don't have any specific experience but seeing you can't get a LOT of parts at the moment maybe they just don't have one in the country. A lot of what I needed recently I had to get shipped from Europe to Australia..... Just no stock here anywhere.

Last edited:

Renan Mendes

Jun 9, 2021
Sintra - Portugal
Hi,
View attachment 91255
#FeelingIgnoredAttach files
Thanks,
S.K.

I have a crack in my frame too, I sent it to the factory when I called the warranty and despite being told that the frame was going to be replaced, at the moment they didn't have stock and they gave me a (absurd) delivery deadline for December. I was also told that the frame was analyzed and that I could continue to use it.

ps: I called the warranty in February... So technically 10 months of waiting

D3xt3rMTB

Subscriber
Mar 16, 2021
UK
In process of having a 2021 Carbon e160 front triangle replaced (Uk based) after finding delamination inside the headset during a service. Issue reported start of May. My LBS had to go through Merida UK then Merida Taiwan to get it looked at (via photos). Warranty replacement approved start of June. When it went to Taiwan it took probably 2 weeks for them to respond. Expecting the frame in August at some point (probably towards the end).

Jun

May 6, 2022
South Korea
Anyone who has experienced ep8 stopped assisting while pedaling on plat ground in eco mode? Speed was under 20 km/h. Pedals were getting heavier and no error code appeared. So I stopped pedaling a second and when I started pedaling again ep8 started assisting too, exceeding the speed just before. This happened on flat ground and in eco mode mostly. It just stops like I'm going downhill without pedal torque.

Last edited:

yhm003

Aug 11, 2022
Australia
Anyone who has experienced ep8 stopped assisting while pedaling on plat ground in eco mode? Speed was under 20 km/h. Pedals were getting heavier and no error code appeared. So I stopped pedaling a second and when I started pedaling again ep8 started assisting too, exceeding the speed just before. This happened on flat ground and in eco mode mostly. It just stops like I'm going downhill without pedal torque.

Not sure if you have resolved your issue, but this sounds like an issue I had and it wasn't just in eco mode. If it cuts in and out, the cable from the control to the battery in the headset may have been frayed or cut which is causing the on/off issue. My LBS helped replace the cable and I was back on the road, no issues to date.

Oded

Jul 27, 2020
Israel
Has anyone upgraded the wheels on the 2021 e160? How did you fit the magnet to 6 bolt rotor hubs? My e160 has centre lock hubs with the magnet as part of the rotor (I think).
Is there a magnet that would fit onto the 6 bolt hubs (like hope fortus)? I've seem magnets for the levo, would they work? I'm not sure about the spacing.
Thanks.
Did you find a solution? How is it working for you? I’m also thinking on buying Hope Fortus, rear wheel, but it’s 6 bolt only. Thanks

Isaacgrx

Jul 3, 2021
Adelaide
Did you find a solution? How is it working for you? I’m also thinking on buying Hope Fortus, rear wheel, but it’s 6 bolt only. Thanks

Have replaced the wheels on my E160 with I9 hubs and use Sram HS2 rotors with a bolt on magnet, I had to slightly file down the metal casing for the magnet as it was just clipping the sensor on the frame, but now its perfect.

D3xt3rMTB

Subscriber
Mar 16, 2021
UK
Changed my wheelset over to Hope Fortus 30 a month or so ago. Switched to Shimano icetech 6 bolt rotors and SRAM AXS at same time and just put a shimano e8000 disc rotor magnet on it (think I got it off Commencal site as was quite difficult to find). Fits fine with no adjustment and no issues since done. I did originally try the bosch rotor magnet that worked but wasn't quite positioned properly and very close to the frame. Also felt some inconsistent power delivery which I suspect down to poor positioning. The Shimano magnet works perfectly. On 2021 e160 8000.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Yes, doesn't seem to be an issue. Just be sensible and don't cover it, unplug when not in use...
Don't sit it on a flammable surface. Concrete or tiles. Just in case.
I leave my charger unattended on a timer, it would, normally sit on a sisal mat that has a rubber backing. It would burn like crazy if prompted, so I roll it back just for the charging.

RoJo

Apr 24, 2019
Surrey
Does anyone know if you can get an angleset for the aluminium E160 Limited?
I ran one on my old E160 800, which worked great, but the frame cracked on that bike in the same place as other people have experienced (top tube weld to seat tube).
Just don't know if the later aluminium versions accept an angleset - it looks like people with carbon bikes are having troubles getting them?

Last edited:

RoJo

Apr 24, 2019
Surrey
Does anyone know if you can get an angleset for the aluminium E160 Limited?
I ran one on my old E160 800, which worked great, but the frame cracked on that bike in the same place as other people have experienced (top tube weld to seat tube).
Just don't know if the later aluminium versions accept an angleset - it looks like people with carbon bikes are having troubles getting them?
Answer to my own qu: No, the Merida E160 Al Limited has an integrated headset which the bearings just slot into, no cups that can be replaced unlike the original E160. A slack R kit might work, but I haven't investigated further as I am over forking so have already raised the front significantly.

Oded

Jul 27, 2020
Israel
Last edited:

Isaacgrx

Jul 3, 2021
Adelaide
FYI, Charging indicator mod:
I replaced the black plastic cap in the downtube with a transparent silicon 8mm cap.
Now the LED that’s on the battery itself illuminates the cap.
While charging, number of blinks = number of bars.
View attachment 114130

I used the one from the link below, 8mm, transparent.
That's awesome man! Have ordered some of them!

Teriatric

Subscriber
Oct 29, 2021
North East England
I replaced the black plastic cap in the downtube with a transparent silicon 8mm cap.
View attachment 114130

Absolutely brilliant idea, well done and thank you so much for sharing.

kla456

Mar 8, 2020
Dundee
View attachment 114130

Super, Super find - would you send me a couple of the 10 you received and I will pay your costs - I don't like to order from Aliexpress.
Thanks,

RoJo

Apr 24, 2019
Surrey
Answer to my own qu: No, the Merida E160 Al Limited has an integrated headset which the bearings just slot into, no cups that can be replaced unlike the original E160. A slack R kit might work, but I haven't investigated further as I am over forking so have already raised the front significantly.
Just FYI for the E160 limited Al, the headset bearings are 2 x P16K same top and bottom)

Merida 1901 headset (integrated)
Outer Diameter 52mm
Inner 40mm
7mm deep
36deg inside/45deg outside chamfer

RoJo

Apr 24, 2019
Surrey
My Merida is riding like an absolute dream now.
180mm Zeb with smashpot coil conversion from TF Tuned (40lbs/in spring for my 60kg weight) 1 shim in the hydraulic bottom out for minimum resistance (endless coil feel).
Fox Van RC coil (same as the Marzocchi Bomber CR) Trunnion 205x65 400lbs/in. Much better than my MegNeg for compliance and endless plushness and you can adjust the compression damping to fine tune the support and bottom out. I was going to get a progressive rate spring but I really don't think it is required as I don't need it to be any more plush at sag. Highly recommended coil at both ends! Still playful as ever but eats up rough terrain with no arm pump.
I was initially concerned that maybe the shock is a bit cheap but it performs as well as I could possibly want.

IMG_20230511_192134.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles