Merida Eone sixty 900e sizing

carlos.alcay

Aug 8, 2020
Huesca
Hello everyone. After months looking for a second hand eone sixty 900e, it has finally appeared (2017 model) . Price and seller suits me but I have a doubt with the size. The model frame is an M and I'm just 170cm (5'7") with relatively short legs and long torso/arms. Merida size guide recomend me an s but no one has appeared in months... The point is that the bike is quite far from my home so I would better know other owners opinion before going...
Do you think it's too big for me? Would I feel it oversized? I'm not a pro, enjoying more "relaxed" riding.
Thank you very much in advance.
Regards

Last edited:

RAZOR

Feb 19, 2019
Auckland, NZ

Bonz

Jul 2, 2018
New Zealand
Hello everyone. After months looking for a second hand eone sixty 900e, it has finally appeared (2017 model) . Price and seller suits me but I have a doubt with the size. The model frame is an M and I'm just 170cm (5'7") with relatively short legs and long torso/arms. Merida size guide recomend me an s but no one has appeared in months... The point is that the bike is quite far from my home so I would better know other owners opinion before going...
Do you think it's too big for me? Would I feel it oversized? I'm not a pro, enjoying more "relaxed" riding.
Thank you very much in advance.
Regards
Hi Carlos,
I have a 900e medium size. I have the same body dimensions as you.
I have found the bike comfortable over the last two and a half years and 11000k’s..
The best mods I have done for comfort is short 155 cranks from Miranda and a Renthal fatbar 40mm rise. Ergon grips.
If your legs are as short as mine check the dropper post. I can only just get away with the Reverb set as low as possible.
I guess like any bike, you will have to ride it for a while to figure out what is most comfortable for you.
Good luck.

rstwosix

Jul 26, 2020
Australia
Hi Carlos,
I'd buy the Med. I'm 5'10" (180cm) and my wife is 5'6" (167cm) and we both ride Med. My bike (see pic) has 45mm stem, 780 bars, 170 cranks & saddle almost fully back on the rails. I changed my wife's cockpit size to her liking - fitted a 35mm stem, cut the bars to 750 and moved her saddle 20mm forward. She loves it compared to the Small size bikes she rode previously.

IMG_20200715_104815.jpg

carlos.alcay

Aug 8, 2020
Huesca
Thank you very much for your help. I think I'm going ahead and after riding for a while I'll consider the modifications you recommend.
It's my first participation in a forum and Iam really glad of it :)
Best regards everyone.

RichardGB

Nov 28, 2019
West Midlands
I have a medium and I'm 5ft 10. I've put wider bars on with a slightly higher rise. I like a short bike but I'm right on the limit for a medium.

My cousin is 5ft 7 however and he finds the bike roomy but ideally sized for him when he test rode mine. What's worth considering is a seat post with a smaller collar/lower saddle mount so it can be dropped a bit lower. That's a minor niggle though and only worth it if you're feeling flush.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles