Kenevo SL Official 2022 Kenevo SL (KSL) Megathread!

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Probably been asked before but is there meant to be a little bit of play in the motor like what a loose BB would feel like. Mine's done less then 250k so I'm hoping it's not a new motor already
I have already had mine replaced under warranty for that issue once and am waiting to get it replaced again. On both of our Levo SLs, there is no side-side play at all. Mine only got worse over time. Bearings on a shaft should not move side to side unless something has shifted as they should be press fit on. If its not the bearing on the shaft, it is the bearing housing that is allowing the bearing to shift side to side which could mean the bearing's outer casing may be spinning in there as well. I am sending mine in for the second time for the same issue. I wonder how many other KSL or LSL have the same side to side movement in this area?

Feb 24, 2023
Santa Barbara
EFEAAAE9-2688-4527-B0F7-C00A4DCD4355.jpeg

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
It's the place where manual made mistake of 10nm magnitude right? I am considering printing the torque value and stick it there so no service will overtighten it by accident, such a flimsy place for this to happen.

marwallace

Feb 22, 2023
germany
How have you found it? I seem to bottom out coil shocks on mine but I was really interested in these with the adjustable hbo feature.
you can feel the hbo adjustment. fully close is to much for me, so have not bottem out till now. weight 85kg fully loadad and have a 400 spring. i have hbo middle closed (two clicks from open) or one click from open depending from what i ride. did not had the chance for realy rough things cause bike parks not open. locking foreward to ride the dh-line in klinovec…

CraigF.

Jan 19, 2023
Cape Town
Hi All - this thread has quite a bit of early info (end of 2022) on the 2023 RS Coil option on the Kenevo SL- I have one on order which arrives early March. There is some info on this thread about this coil not fitting into the frame, but from what I can pick up that is only the older version. It seems that the 2023 RS Coil does fit the Kenevo SL. If there are any updated pictures showing this fit it really would be appreciated. Thanks ...
Fitted the 2023 RS Super Deluxe Coil Ultimate to my S5 Kenevo SL this weekend and super impressed after the 1st ride. Fork is a 180mm ZEB Ultimate (Buttercup) and this coil shock is a game changer for this bike. I am curious for more info on settings for this shock as 1st ride was running both LSC & HSC fully open, Rebound on 15/20 clicks "in" from fully open and the HBO one click "in" - I am 92kg without kit and chose the 600lb coil which seems to fit 30% sag easily (mid pre-compression). The back wheel is glued to the ground now and very smooth in rock gardens. Also very predictable and pops off the jump face with plenty support on landing. The Zeb is set at 70PSi, no spacers, HSC fully open and LSC fully open. Is anyone riding similar weight & set up and if so I'm curious on their shock (and fork) settings? Thanks ...

IMG_7717.jpg

donsorensen

Mar 20, 2019
Orem, Utah
Loving my Kenevo SL. Bought it to replace one of my Levos and an Enduro. Really, really like the way it rides. A few upgrades: Fox Factory 38 fork, Fox Float X2 Factory, Traverse SL carbon bars, Traverse carbon wheels. Oh, and I made the Kashima matching Specialized decals with my wife's Cricut die-cutting machine.

IMG_5439.jpeg

Last edited:

Freezer

Dec 12, 2022
SF Bay Area
Loving my Kenevo SL. Bought it to replace one of my Levos and an Enduro. Really, really like the way it rides. A few upgrades: Fox Factory 38 fork, Fox Float X2 Factory, Traverse SL carbon bars, Traverse carbon wheels. Oh, and I made the Kashima matching Specialized decals with my wife's Cricut die-cutting machine.

View attachment 109738
Great looking bike. You should replace the grey Fox decals with gold for the matchey matchey look.

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
If this has been discussed please forgive me. Has anyone heard anything about KSL compatibility options with SRAM transmission?

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
If this has been discussed please forgive me. Has anyone heard anything about KSL compatibility options with SRAM transmission?

There’s something about a mahle compatible chainring. Is the KSL udh?

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
This post, by Rob:
Here's some FAQ:

Does SRAM manufacture E-MTB spiders for my bike?
SRAM MTB does not manufacture spiders for E-MTBs, except for Specialized’s Mahle motor platforms. SRAM Road offers a BOSCH and Fazua spider.

jacksonj51

Nov 11, 2018
Socal
Hey anyone have this issue...

So mid-ride the display just shut off and shows a battery and nothing else. F1 F2 + - buttons work and cycle thru and the motor still cycles thru modes(eco, trail, turbo) but the screen/display shows nothing. Reboots and unplugging and dissecting the wires in the top tube have been looked at and nothing in the mission control app seems wrong.

PXL_20230325_205806082.jpg

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
Hey anyone have this issue...

So mid-ride the display just shut off and shows a battery and nothing else. F1 F2 + - buttons work and cycle thru and the motor still cycles thru modes(eco, trail, turbo) but the screen/display shows nothing. Reboots and unplugging and dissecting the wires in the top tube have been looked at and nothing in the mission control app seems wrong.

View attachment 110165
Try a TCU reset. Plenty of instructions on YouTube for it.

dfkenevo

Aug 13, 2018
Truckee, Ca
To; Jacksonj51
I’ve never run into to this problem, neither on my own Levo or any costumers bikes. Did you try to turn ON/OFF the stealth mode on the Mission Control app? When it’s On it shows the battery like on your picture, then it shows the 3 modes every time you push +/- just in small letters.
It’s just a suggestion easy to try.
Good luck.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles