Kenevo SL Official 2022 Kenevo SL (KSL) Megathread!

HarzEnduro

Jan 23, 2022
Germany
Anyone wants an E-Storia for the KSL? I sold the bike and don’t need the shock anymore. It’s freshly serviced by EXT and already got the new body sleeve installed. It’s been ridden for not more than half a year and not anymore after the service was done.
591E8C2B-4F43-4E0A-B7DC-4ADE0F36956C.jpeg

index.php

Last edited:

JCU Delt Ox

Apr 22, 2022
Ohio, USA
I picked up my KSL Comp this week and already have it stripped down to the frame for Ride Wrap. I had no idea the "Gloss Smoke" color was raw carbon. I anticipated some sort of black but was pleasantly suprised at the raw finish. The parts install list includes:
  • Fox Factory 38 (Orange)
  • Fox Float X2 Performance
  • Magura MT5 EStop Brakes
  • Galfer Wave Rotors (223/203)
  • OneUp 180mm Dropper v2 & PNW Loam Lever v2
  • GX AXS
  • Spank 35 Vibrocore Bars
  • Deity Copperhead Stem
  • i9 Hydra Hubs w/ Flow Mk4 Rims
I hope to have the frame protection installed and everything put back together by next weekend. Fingers crossed all goes smoothly.

Last edited:

gashby18

Feb 11, 2023
United Kingdom
This is interesting info from someone currently looking at ksl's, especially at their current price.
Anyone ridden both the kenevo gen2 and the ksl who can share ?
Ie would it make any sense to own both?
Anyone wants an E-Storia for the KSL? I sold the bike and don’t need the shock anymore. It’s freshly serviced by EXT and already got the new body sleeve installed. It’s been ridden for not more than half a year and not anymore after the service was done. View attachment 106435

index.php
Is it the V3 version with Spherical bearings?

Freezer

Dec 12, 2022
SF Bay Area
I've been setting up the new KSL and found that the top tube is so horizontal that my shifter and brake levers hit the top tube when I get the bar height where I like it. So I channeled my inner MacGyver and fabbed a top tube protector out of 8 layers of 5.8 oz carbon twill. The carbon looks so nice I'm torn between leaving it like it is or getting it painted to match. :unsure:

IMG_5140.jpg IMG_5141.jpg IMG_5142.jpg IMG_5145.jpg IMG_5146.jpg IMG_5147.jpg IMG_5149.jpg

Erunza70

Jan 19, 2022
Piasco
This is interesting info from someone currently looking at ksl's, especially at their current price.
Anyone ridden both the kenevo gen2 and the ksl who can share ?
Ie would it make any sense to own both?
Hi, I have both full ones I use them when I go out with friends who have full ones so I don't have to wait, when I go alone I take KSL with pleasure.
The two are very different in behavior the full has 27.5/27.5 and the Ksl 29/29.
The Ksl is playful and light compared to the 24kg full and even faster on the fast track, strangely I find myself better with the full but I'm an S2 size and with the 29 maybe it doesn't help.

CraigF.

Jan 19, 2023
Cape Town
Hi All - this thread has quite a bit of early info (end of 2022) on the 2023 RS Coil option on the Kenevo SL- I have one on order which arrives early March. There is some info on this thread about this coil not fitting into the frame, but from what I can pick up that is only the older version. It seems that the 2023 RS Coil does fit the Kenevo SL. If there are any updated pictures showing this fit it really would be appreciated. Thanks ...

Shavethewookie

Feb 6, 2023
UK
Hi All - this thread has quite a bit of early info (end of 2022) on the 2023 RS Coil option on the Kenevo SL- I have one on order which arrives early March. There is some info on this thread about this coil not fitting into the frame, but from what I can pick up that is only the older version. It seems that the 2023 RS Coil does fit the Kenevo SL. If there are any updated pictures showing this fit it really would be appreciated. Thanks ...
I have the 2023 RS Super Deluxe Ultimate (air) on my s3 KSL and it clears the frame perfectly. I think the reservoir on top is the same across air and coil.

Shavethewookie

Feb 6, 2023
UK
Thank you! No problem when the shock is fully compressed? The Piggyback don't touch the arch?
It’s fine on an s3. I have the rear set on high as I’m mullet, but not sure it that changes anything. I done plenty of big drops and used all the travel with no issues at all. Its actually smaller than the float x that came on it.

marwallace

Feb 22, 2023
germany
the 2023 coil fits well in my s3…

C2457315-26EC-444D-B98B-68A133C2EAE3.jpeg 5027EF92-9ED8-4713-97B9-C28E2211D495.jpeg 8AAB5E9C-E711-4630-B3A4-5F1F0815AF14.jpeg

Redders473

Jul 30, 2020
Leeds
Probably been asked before but is there meant to be a little bit of play in the motor like what a loose BB would feel like. Mine's done less then 250k so I'm hoping it's not a new motor already

JCU Delt Ox

Apr 22, 2022
Ohio, USA
From my days riding Orbea and Shimano EP8's, the side to side play was a common gripe and generally accepted as normal so long as it was only a couple mm. It wouldn't suprise me if these motors weren't similar. I think if you can notice it while you ride, it's too much.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles