Kenevo SL Official 2022 Kenevo SL (KSL) Megathread!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I thought that too, but it appears not. This is the Levo;

1672872837200.png

Smeer

Mar 2, 2020
Vancouver
I can’t wait to see if there will be an Kenevo SL update for 2023. Currently on an Orbea Rise, after having had a Levo. As I am a small female, I never want to go back to a full fat ebike, but I am looking for a more aggressive bike (live in BC, Canada). I ride a lot, but have never come close to emptying the battery. Looked at all the other options, Pivot SL, Trek EXe… but my dream bike is a Kenevo SL.

It just needs a tiny bit more power to meet my needs due to a medical constraint. Even if it only goes up to 50nm, I’d buy it in a heart beat!

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
I can’t wait to see if there will be an Kenevo SL update for 2023. Currently on an Orbea Rise, after having had a Levo. As I am a small female, I never want to go back to a full fat ebike, but I am looking for a more aggressive bike (live in BC, Canada). I ride a lot, but have never come close to emptying the battery. Looked at all the other options, Pivot SL, Trek EXe… but my dream bike is a Kenevo SL.

It just needs a tiny bit more power to meet my needs due to a medical constraint. Even if it only goes up to 50nm, I’d buy it in a heart beat!
After going from a Gen 2 Levo to a Kenevo SL to a Gen 3 Levo I completely agree. It just needs a little more oomph and it would be one of, if not the best option for me.

Jase

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2022
UK

I don’t know whether the difference between 35 & 50 Nm is going to be that noticeable? But I would hope so. The Kenevo SL has been my first ebike. I’ve done just over 1500 miles on it and it has enabled me to do trips I would never have contemplated on a non ebike.
But I do wish it had a bit more, I ride with two others that are on Orbea Rises. On an analogue I drop them on the ups every time. But on the Kenevo SL I am working hard to stay on them if they go Turbo. Fingers crossed they can give it a bit more, it will be disappointing if they bring out a Levo SL with more power than a year old Kenevo SL.

BikingBad

Sep 6, 2022
USA
I don’t know whether the difference between 35 & 50 Nm is going to be that noticeable? But I would hope so. The Kenevo SL has been my first ebike. I’ve done just over 1500 miles on it and it has enabled me to do trips I would never have contemplated on a non ebike.
But I do wish it had a bit more, I ride with two others that are on Orbea Rises. On an analogue I drop them on the ups every time. But on the Kenevo SL I am working hard to stay on them if they go Turbo. Fingers crossed they can give it a bit more, it will be disappointing if they bring out a Levo SL with more power than a year old Kenevo SL.
50 Nm would be almost 50% increase in power vs 35 Nm. Would be a significant boost to compete and keep up with Rise and other mid/full power eMTBs on climbs.

Smeer

Mar 2, 2020
Vancouver
yes, and it will dry the battery faster...

Yes Ideally, it will have 50nm power and a 350wh battery. More power would require a bit more battery, for sure.

It does actually make a difference. My friend has the Kenevo SL so I have been able to try it it, it is noticably different! Its her first ebike too, so in that scenario its ideal as you don't know better. Also if you don't have any physical restrictions like I do, it may work out fine.

Endurafrika

Jul 7, 2022
Cape Town
one would think they’d do a better job of marketing such a feature with positive benefits 😊

I was idly playing around with the geo calculator on the Spesh website and spotted this;

View attachment 103968

Mixed wheel setup? What's that all about then?

they are listing all the numbers for diff geo options - but why not the numbers of same options set up as mullet (seeing that they are positively mentioning it)?

Last edited:

HarzEnduro

Jan 23, 2022
Germany
Does anyone know how many watts I lose when pedaling without any assistance? I have been riding my KSL like that for about a week now* and was wondering, if there was any loss.

*Call me crazy (116km/4.5k altitude gain)

BikingBad

Sep 6, 2022
USA
Having had this bike for couple months now, today‘s ride took battery down to 9% remaining (lowest thus far). Was riding in Turbo mode, when battery level went down to about 15% (or maybe 12%) I noticed significant drop in power, although it was still in Turbo mode on display, the power output was similar to or below Eco mode. Anyone know if this is normal? If so, can this be adjusted by the user, ex. go into power save mode at 5% instead of 15%?

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Having had this bike for couple months now, today‘s ride took battery down to 9% remaining (lowest thus far). Was riding in Turbo mode, when battery level went down to about 15% (or maybe 12%) I noticed significant drop in power, although it was still in Turbo mode on display, the power output was similar to or below Eco mode. Anyone know if this is normal? If so, can this be adjusted by the user, ex. go into power save mode at 5% instead of 15%?
Normal. Levo does the same. Something to do with battery protection. Drops again at 10 and then again at 5 I believe.

Olivier Clg

Nov 15, 2021
France
Yes it's normal, I experienced the same thing yesterday at 15% battery left. You may also notice the battery % color change on the screen.

Last edited:

johned

Jul 30, 2022
UK
Just wondering if anyone one here has gone Shigura for brakes and if so, what fluid did you use ?
Thanks very much,
John

CraigF.

Jan 19, 2023
Cape Town
Hi - has anyone tested a 230x65 coil (instead of factory 230x62.5) on Kenevo SL - I am looking at the 2023 RS Super Deluxe Coil Ultimate and not sure whether to go 62.5mm or 65mm. I normally run the bike mullet with 180mm RS Zeb Buttercup front, neutral head set cup, high chip. Shock is currently factory FOX X and looking to upgrade. My riding weight is around 210lb (95kg), bike size is S5. Any info would be appreciated!

MetroNeck

Aug 13, 2020
North Van
Hi - has anyone tested a 230x65 coil (instead of factory 230x62.5) on Kenevo SL - I am looking at the 2023 RS Super Deluxe Coil Ultimate and not sure whether to go 62.5mm or 65mm. I normally run the bike mullet with 180mm RS Zeb Buttercup front, neutral head set cup, high chip. Shock is currently factory FOX X and looking to upgrade. My riding weight is around 210lb (95kg), bike size is S5. Any info would be appreciated!
I am not 100% sure about the RS, but most coils can have a spacer added to reduce their stroke. An authorized dealer can answer that.

Also, search this forum for potential figment concerns with the Super Deluxe. IIRC there is some discussion about it.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
I ran an Ohlins TTX coil and a Fast Fenix at that stroke length with zero clearance issues on an S4.

I am not 100% sure about the RS, but most coils can have a spacer added to reduce their stroke. An authorized dealer can answer that.

Also, search this forum for potential figment concerns with the Super Deluxe. IIRC there is some discussion about it.
The clearance issues were the with the older model SDU and to make it fit you needed to fit a smaller reservoir. I believe the new 2023 shocks have the reservoir positioned higher so there should be enough clearance to fit but I would definitely advise a test fit before purchase to confirm.

Stompweaver

Subscriber
Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
I have an S5 KSL with a 65mm stroke Fox DHX2 running full 29er. #294life :cool: No clearance issues at all and gives about 7mm more rear wheel travel. The shock came supplied as 62.5mm stroke so I removed the 2.5mm stroke reducer that’s attached to the end of the damper body and put it back on the bike without the spring and fully compressed it and there’s plenty of clearance.

I also have a 180mm Zeb on the front, neutral head cup and high chainstay position and weigh 95Kg so our setup is nearly identical!

Mine feels really nicely balanced at 180/almost 180. Go for the 65mm stroke, it’s free extra travel and it’s always nice to have bit extra in reserve.

Last edited:

Dec 23, 2022
Brisbane, Australia
Anyone think a full power Kenevo is coming?
Yep. I think it has to be. When I was still weighing up which way to go, SL or full power, the local Specialized dealer to me had a couple of dates for the current full power Kenevo as coming back in to stock in June. But trying to find a new one anywhere in the size I wanted was impossible. So maybe they will just clear the last of the remaining model before launching a new bike. It seems well overdue to be replaced.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles