Neeko DeVinchi on EMTB FORUMS

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
Can these tyres see me through the Autumn/Winter season?

If they can, then that's less than £40 worth spent 😷

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
2.4 width tyres are fine for an ebike - why wouldnt they be?
Gotta be honest, I've never tried 2.4 (27.5) tyres on a ebike front and rear. 2.5 MMDHF & MMDHR was the narrowest I tried before now.

I'll say this, that big betty is a tough tyre.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Dude.

* raise your cam in POV view. no one wants to look at footage two feet ahead of a beginner rider.
* ride somewhere with more interesting terrain
* ride with others
* Your delivery is good but do some actual research on the subject you're going to talk about rather than talking complete bollocks in each video
* drop the clickbait titles unless you are actually going to reward viewers with genuinely good information/conclusions

ie.
Schwalbe's Bikepark tyres have never been expensive.
The reason for this is that they're stupidly heavy and have a cheap shitty rubber compound.
The reason you thought the bike felt more "regular now all of a sudden" is down to the harder compound tyres and stiffer casings rolling better on the hard manmade surfaces you were riding on.
Ebikes don't actually require wider or tougher tyres than normal bikes. Optimum tyre choice should be base on the rider and the terrain. not the bike. and most of the riding and terrain in your videos are barely even cyclocross race tyre worthy.
If you get on with those two £20 tyres then great. and that is a bargain for YOU. But it'd be a complete waste of £40 for a lot of others

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
I haven't watched the video yet, but what casings and compounds did you go for?
Bike park performance.
Links are in the description but you should find the 29er variants for your Levo dude👍🏿
Hows things with you anyway? Last I remember, you were recuperating. You feeling better?

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Bike park performance.
Links are in the description but you should find the 29er variants for your Levo dude👍🏿
Hows things with you anyway? Last I remember, you were recuperating. You feeling better?
Recovering from Covid and recovering from broken arm. Been a challenging 8 weeks. Done 4 days in work this week and now I'm trashed.
if you want the best grip from a Schwalbe tyre for winter you should get at least a soft compound or even a ultra soft.
Do you not consider what casing protection?

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Neeko's videos alway make for great entertainment on a Friday tea time. 👍

1634313785695.png

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
Your comment is note
Recovering from Covid and recovering from broken arm. Been a challenging 8 weeks. Done 4 days in work this week and now I'm trashed.
if you want the best grip from a Schwalbe tyre for winter you should get at least a soft compound or even a ultra soft.
Do you not consider what casing protection?
I'll be honest with you @apac, the last pair of tyres I ran were the Michelin E-Wilds and prior, the Eddy Current.
Flinging a set of tyres which aren't ebike specific is a noticeable change in terms of weight and handling.

Besides, they only have to get me through the autumn/winter months so I'm not complaining.

Look after yourself and fingers crossed, you'll be back to fighting strength in no time👍🏿

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
"Ebike specific" I assume you are meaning the Casing/construction of the tyre? You have a full fat ebike, the weight or roll of the tyre shouldn't be an issue. i wouldn't personally ride a bike park tyre even if they were the only tyres left on the shelves. You've unwittingly bought the wrong Tyres.

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
"Ebike specific" I assume you are meaning the Casing/construction of the tyre? You have a full fat ebike, the weight or roll of the tyre shouldn't be an issue. i wouldn't personally ride a bike park tyre even if they were the only tyres left on the shelves. You've unwittingly bought the wrong Tyres.
Meh!! Its different compared to my last setup. But for now, no regrets.

j_s

Feb 4, 2020
Nottingham
Defo get that camera angle up so it's not facing the ground 🙂
Overgrown would be riding the bit behind your bike at the very end of the video, you know somewhere is overgrown if you get out the other side with about 50 ferns dragging behind you stuck in the derailleur and your arms and legs are lacerated by the brambles 😂

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
Yeah!!! I'll be honest @j_s, this was one of my last edits using the Gopro Hero 5 and its chest mount. I've since purchased a new gopro and auxiliary camera which I'm slowly figuring it out in terms of setup so hopefully the next few videos after should show a better view.
Notwithstanding the fact that I'm slowly understanding this new video editing software (who knew video editing in 4k+ can be so time consuming 😅).
At this rate, I'm in no rush to mess around with my new drone but bare with me. I'll aim to improve the quality of the vids👍🏿

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
Son-of-a-b*tch!!!!!!
That's it. Come hell or high water, I will get a bb height of no more than 350mm and keep you as a 29er Freedom

I'm gonna sleep on this and deal with it next weekend.

20210708_135946.jpg

20210708_140001.jpg

20210708_140010.jpg

20210708_140024.jpg

Last edited:

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
The front of the bike needs tidying up and sorting out.
Can't stand the cables.
1. Rear brake line
2. Motor inhibitor
3. Dropper lever
4. Display remote
5. Display
6. Throttle
7. Gear shifter
8. Motor inhibitor
9. Front brake

9 cables. 9 points of vulnerability.

Anywho, geometry first to resolve. Then I'll tackle the cable/electrics.

Anywho, I'm off Dooms, take it easy 👍🏿

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Those cables can't be compared to my Scott Genius. For some reason whoever built and fitted them was working on huge curves being best. It's unsightly man, and I cannot be bothered recabling the whole damn thing.

Your first vid(Page 1). Why is it dogs do that :unsure: Insist on stopping right in front of the bike meaning you've got to stop, then they look up at you as if expecting something.

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
I've been somewhat delayed in terms of shooting decent footage for the ride video itself but I've made plans this weekend.
In the meantime, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask 👍🏿

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
My god that's a monstrosity of a bike frame?
How long is that head tube?
Good kit on it though.
Headtube length is 170mm long (although the custom external headset bottom cup increases the length further).
Truth be told, I did consider the Cane Creek Angleset to slacken the headtube angle to near 64°ish.

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
A very similar bike, just down your street :

Impressive 😀. I have yet to have determined Tsunami's top speed unrestricted but I'm sure I wouldn't get those speeds.
But I'm sure I can shoot some footage of the bike towing or tugging a heavy item.
In fact, that's actually given me an idea 😅.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles