Frank_Denmark

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Dec 17, 2018
Denmark
But as far as I'm concerned, my 2018 Levo may be old. But it's far from obsolete.
I also still ride my 2018 - Done 10.000 km so far
Have just changed the motor my self - new one from ebay at 600 Euros
The 2021 version of the 1.3 motor is still powerfull and a lot more silent than the wifys Bosch Gen 4...
Rides like a new bike - almost 🤘

IMG_2734.JPEG

Dee Scee

Dec 21, 2018
Berkeley
I also still ride my 2018 - Done 10.000 km so far
Have just changed the motor my self - new one from ebay at 600 Euros
The 2021 version of the 1.3 motor is still powerfull and a lot more silent than the wifys Bosch Gen 4...
Rides like a new bike - almost 🤘

View attachment 74541
i have 2 motors now too! a 1.3 with another year of warranty and a 1.2 which is working but was getting hot and cutting out. gonna send the 1.2 out to get rebuilt and have that spare ready. planning to keep my 2017 levo for as long as i can.
Let this be a reminder for those who question the longevity of ebikes.
If you're prepared to spend, you're prepared to maintain and tend (no matter the budget).
Mechanical components may wear and consumable components may tear.

But as far as I'm concerned, my 2018 Levo may be old. But it's far from obsolete.

Wrap up everyone, th
If you're prepared to spend, you're prepared to maintain and tend (no matter the budget).

Wrap up everyone, the weather's getting colder 👍🏿

View attachment 74488

View attachment 74489

View attachment 74490

Wrap up everyone, the weather's getting colder 👍🏿

View attachment 74488

View attachment 74489

View attachment 74490
great thread neeko!
2017 levo

IMG_9160.jpg

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
I’ve got a 2018 Kenevo and love it. In many ways it sits half way between the current Kenevo and Levo. It seems to climb as well as anything else and is a great descender. I recently test rode the new Kenevo SL - took 30% longer to get up the same hill I went up the day before on my old Kenevo. Coming down a flow trail, the new Kenevo was more fun (mainly I suspect because it’s lighter) but not £10,000 more fun, maybe 5% more fun. After 3000k I’m on my second motor and just had it upgraded by Performance Line Bearings so that will last a while. The battery is getting a bit tired now and when I’m with others who’ve got bigger batteries I have to work a bit harder but apart from that nothing I read makes me think I need to rush out and spend a heap of money to get something with less travel, no coil shock and smaller rotors (mine has 220). Battery life and reduced weight would be the main reasons to change and what would I do with my old Kenevo? How much will anyone give me for a fairly high mileage, out of guarantee ebike? So, it seems the best thing is to keep it and occasionally borrow my wife’s Levo battery for long rides.

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
Also test rode a LaPierre with Bosch motor. So loud on the ascent and rattly on the descent compared with my bike. Would drive me mad. My Kenevo is like an old friend, we’ve been through a hell of a lot of adventures together. I know exactly how it handles and what I’m capable of doing on it.

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
This ought to be good. 20220203_155602.jpg
Apologies for the above link which ultimately is a review. Unfortunately, I can't find an actual website containing the stock specifications 🙄

So I'd like to give a huge shout out to Merlin Cycles, Halfords and Wiggle for their generous donations of components which will aid in the mechanical upgrades.

As for the electrical system upgrades, huge shout out to my supplier for the hook up.

Lastly, huge shout out to my friend for donating his bike for the upgrades I'm sure he'll be impressed with the performance benefits once I'm finished with it.

I'll keep you all posted as to the transformation.

Hopefully this will give confidence to those who may have ebikes similar to this, to attempt this themselves.

But I digress, I'll keep you guys posted as to the end result ✌🏿

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles