• over 71

Votes: 4 2.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Are you asking us to guess the average age of ebikers? Or are you asking to categorise ourselves within those age ranges?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Well that figures. so far with 28 votes cast, those who are 30 or younger are too busy earning a living to spend multiple thousands on an emtb. Or maybe they could afford one but neither want nor need one? :unsure:

atcspaul

Dec 28, 2018
Portage, Michigan
Well that figures. so far with 28 votes cast, those who are 30 or younger are too busy earning a living to spend multiple thousands on an emtb. Or maybe they could afford one but neither want nor need one? :unsure:
I think they are the ones that don't want us on the trails. Most people that have had run in about ebikes have been by younger people

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I wouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions or put too much importance on the poll results.
Firstly the poll is pretty pointless as there are very few under 30s using this forum. so don't confuse the results here with actual emtb ownership. Most of the busy cycling forums died out over 10 years back with the popularity of other forms of social media taking over so many of the under 30s may never have even registered for a cycling forum. All cycling forums now seem pretty much populated by married settled down men.
Secondly plenty under 30s do spend at least enough to buy a Levo on a DH/trail/Enduro bike and more if you include their spend on travel/biking holidays.
mtb as a whole is a ridiculously expensive hobby for what it is (riding bikes in the woods). I know a whole crew of 15-17yr olds locally who all own 3-4k enduro bikes, a £1k+ hardtail and maybe a £600 BMX.

I think they are the ones that don't want us on the trails.
This isn't true at all in the UK. The US is a different story but that's often fuelled by your crazy access laws.
Most people that have had run in about ebikes have been by younger people
What sort of run ins are you talking about though?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
When we where on the Forum ride yesterday, one thing that was quite funny is some of us rocked up pretty early, and I would say about half at least of the people in the car park had EMTB's, and I kept going over to say hello, you here for the ride, and they didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

Also a big crew of teenagers all rocking top end Santa Cruz's/Transitions etc there, all locals, and apparently a couple of them with fairly big You Tube channels.

More-read-than-ride

Patreon
Jan 3, 2019
Spain
I am not saying I am old, but this was the first picture of me on a bike...
d8db7a4bd2fec18be6de88d031c267b4--so-funny-funny-shit.jpg

nicklej

Patreon
Oct 11, 2018
Camberley
I'm a young'un here (21) but ebikes are wicked! People who squint at e-bike riders think the only reason they have one is because they're lazy but in reality, there are endless reasons to own one and equally, endless reasons why someone MAY own one.

I get odd looks every now and again because I'm not a "grandad" because apparently, they're the only people who should be riding them :rolleyes:

Once people try them they get what ebikes are all about and begin to appreciate why someone may buy one even if they are young, old or looking to just get out riding again! ride on :D

KRolo

Dec 1, 2018
fullsail25
I've gotten a few snake eyes but overall everyone seems to like the idea. And, this is a huge mtb community. We've gotten over 100 people show up on trail work days. Our county just had a meeting to readdress the rule of allowing emtbs on our trails. A couple dozen older people (60+) showed up and spoke in favor. It was decided that emtbs are fine and the rule stood. Through the grapevine I heard that a younger athletic girl showed up to speak against but then said to her friend, "I can't say that these people shouldn't be able to ride our trail system".

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
I can say from experience that all the younger riders who can ride have no problem with ebikes , they all want one to play or train on , there’s a few with a bit of chip on thier shoulder but I notice they don’t mix well or ride well

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles