When you pass 50 . . . You are an old fart, so let's see your ride!

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
The definition: You are 'an old fart' when you pass 50 years of age and start to agree with the traditionalists.

Since this is a Global forum it would be interesting to see posts from so many different countries across the world and who are eMTB'ers over 50 year old.

So please post your stats and most importantly a pic of your ride (and model):
UPDATE (suggested by Stihldog) OK to add your "mental age" too.

Ride pic (if you have one)

I'll start . . .
Age 73
Mental Age (optional)
Upstate NY (capital region), USA
2022 Trek Powerfly FS9 Equipped

IMG_6313.jpeg

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 9.19.13 AM.png

Last edited:

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
close lake is Marlette Lake and the far lake is Lake Tahoe
Ya, I figured that was Lake Tahoe in the background, but I thought it might also be the blue of the mountains. I'm 45 minutes south of Lake George which is also a famous and amazing 32 mile jewel of a lake. It's also nestled in the Adirondack Mountains. I'm looking forward to Ebiking some of their trails. Some of the ski areas also have chairlifts and gondolas that take you and your bike to the top. My son said better to rent one of their bikes than wreck mine coming back down. Makes sense.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
How very dare you ...old fart indeed ! 😁
I turned 65 in April ..and yes there are folks out there who like to think of themselves as being old and act up to the number they have reached ..not me bonny lad..with a missus 17 years my junior ( we've been together for 24 years )..a 19year old son ( plus a 30 year old daughter from a previous ) ..I havent got time to be feeling old ! 😉
20220501_172112.jpg

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
How very dare you ...old fart indeed ! 😁
I turned 65 in April ..and yes there are folks out there who like to think of themselves as being old and act up to the number they have reached ..not me bonny lad..with a missus 17 years my junior ( we've been together for 24 years )..a 19year old son ( plus a 30 year old daughter from a previous ) ..I havent got time to be feeling old ! 😉
View attachment 94515
Great pic Hodge and I like your attitude on age 👍🏻. Fuuny about the younger wife comment. . . I was actually going to say in my original post if you qualify as an old fart, but also have say a 24 year old blonde wife (probably 2nd or 3rd marriages 😜) I was going to add to that post "it's OK to post her pic too" along with your ride hahaha.

Sounds like a great family. An extended vacation in your part of the world is definitely on our bucket list.

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
52 going on 5. Currently in Innerleithen riding trails and drinking beer.

View attachment 94543
Back at Ya Doomanic. . . and I laugh everytime I scroll by your pic standing on a picnic bench. Dat's a good one. Should be framed and hung above your bed's headboard . . . show um who they are dealing with 🤣🤣🤣

8FE5BB66-170C-4A15-947D-85183A5476FF.jpeg

FF43766C-0C70-4A9D-95A1-4B6E172D41D9.jpeg

Last edited:

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
I think it was stopped, all the attractive ones were "lost in the post".

The difficult ones we're mainly return to sender, but some recipients tried to sue for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Ok, a few more beers and then put me down for a couple of fatties… I hear they are more gracious and appreciative when it comes down to the important things 🤣🤣🤣 and a paper bag “for my head” so no one recognizes me!

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles