Neeko DeVinchi on EMTB FORUMS

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 31, 2020
UK
Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well. Though I'd join EMTB Forums to see what the latest news, reviews and comments say.

I'll do my utmost to aid in the advocacy for the sport so check out my YouTube channel for some of the craziest shenanigans I get up to.

Hope to see all of you soon and ride safe ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 31, 2020
UK
Apologies for the delay in uploading a new video. Long story short, my Kenevo remote has dodged up (kept on triggering walk assist which meant that the E-assist wasn't working). I've removed the remote which I'm assuming is broken and managed to buy a new one which should be with me in a couple of days.
Technically speaking, the bike is usable but I'd rather await for the remote.
In the meantime, I'm counting my blessings the Levo FSR & Levo Hardtail are working properly.
My future videos which I'll upload such as comparing the Schwalbe Eddy current vs Michelin E-Wild will soon come out.
As for the Bafang Ultra motored ebike video, please give me a couple of weeks to think about how to best portray the video. The last thing I wish to do is to simply suggest that 'it's more powerful than anything else'. There is a reason why bike manufacturers are reluctant to use bafang motors in my opinion. Not to mention, the video may have to be a 2-3-4 man job (I have four Ultra bikes afterall).

I'll keep you all posted so stay safe everyone and feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

I'll attach pics of the Ultra bikes just as a bit of a teaser but please bare in mind that the components on them have changed such as suspension, tyres, wheelsets etc. FYI, I built them from scratch.

Ride safe ?

Screenshot_20200728-154929_Video Player.jpg

20200426_144101.jpg

20190421_133153.jpg

20190210_184000.jpg

IMG-20200127-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20200127-WA0012.jpg

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 31, 2020
UK
Suntour Rux RC2C 38 27.5 Downhill Fork - initial Thoughts and Opinions

So this post is to correlate with an upcoming video whereby I swing a leg over the Kenevo with the 200mm travel fork. Whilst editing the video, I realized that I never went into detail about the fork itself. Rather, I concentrated on the feel of the bike as a whole (with the 170mm dropper, Schwalbe Eddy Current tyres and 810mm handlebars & the Suntour RUX fork).

Therefore, this post is my opinion and initial thoughts on the SR Suntour RUX38 RC2C 27.5 200MM travel Downhill/Freeride Fork so far after owning and using them for near a month.

On this post, we'll talk about the good, the bad and the nerdy!!!

The Good:-
1) After spending more time using the fork and understanding the boundless levels of adjustability, one has to raise an eyebrow at what Suntour managed to cram into this fork. High and low speed compression are modern standards now so nothing to get excited over. But to get high and low speed rebound, fair play suntour. Fair play!! Granted, if I were to compare this to a Boxer Select or FOX40 Elite, I have no doubt each fork would exceed the RUX in terms of gimmicks. Not to mention, we'd have to compare the charger damper against the Fit4 damper against the RC2C damper which is for another topic I'm sure. However given the fact that these forks are 'Redbull Rampage' proven, it offers enough adjustment to allow the fork to be versatile in use. Naturally, fork setup should be factored but we'll discuss this more in the nerdy section.
2) In an ever growing world whereby manufacturers need to offer components which are optimised for EMTB's (rather than ebike specific), it is nice to know that you don't need to spend more to make the RC2C air spring more progressive, worry about unwanted fork dive, fear that the fork isn't plush enough etc. Indeed, once you buy the forks, it comes with everything you need (except tools for maintenance). Installed into the fork are 5 spacers which are accessible on the left stanchion by removing the air valve (similar to Rockshox revelation forks so a flat cap socket will be necessary to remove them if you're after a more linear feel.
3) I never thought I would ever use the term 'linear' when describing a air fork but surprisingly, you can actually dial these forks in to have the forks feel linear which will allow your front wheel to track the ground remarkably well. Granted, most riders would opt for a more progressive and supportive fork to ensure that you dont dive into the travel unnecessarily. With that being said, I gladly admit that the fork can work well with the ohlins TT Coil shock (I go into detail on this in the video).
4) Price. Oh my days, these forks aren't cheap but compared to a Boxer, FOX40, Manitou Darado etc, it is lower. I must admit, I count my blessings that I brought mine when they were on offer at a steal of a price but even at the rrp (prices may vary subject to LBS or retailer), I would say not to snoot your nose at them because they're Suntour.
5) The forks are tapered in steerer. Seriously, to know that you dont need to mess around with changing headsets or steerer crown adapters was much appreciated. Simply remove the crown race from your old fork (or buy a new one) fit and your good to go to install, measure steerer height, cut, press in star nut, clamp up and marvel in your handy work.
6) Hallelujah, a fork which can be serviced without putting aside hours of your day!! Seriously people, I love riding and to ensure that I continue to ride, I'm going to keep my equipment up and running. But I dont enjoy doing a lower leg service. I don't enjoy stripping my bike and inspecting every bearing then re-greasing. It's just something you got to do. But I gladly welcome the idiot proof serviceability of these forks. Bleed valves aside because that should be a standard on all air forks in my opinion. But suntour have designed this fork to be worked on by me, you and anyone who would rather say, "I'll take it to my LBS".

The bad:-
It's at this point I'll gladly point out that I'm not sponsored by Suntour so the criticisms are my opinion.
1) Rich from RaceCo cycles did point out that my 203mm rotor is barely meeting my pads on the Sram Codes. The fork claims to be 203mm minimum. I checked over the caliper and long and behold, he was right. Even after swapping the rotor for the Sram 203mm rotor, it seems to be a bit of the pads. Dont get me wrong, stopping power seems fine (by Sram Code standards). But it is questionable as to how much longevity I'm going to get out of brake pads now. One recommendation was for me to go up a rotor size and use subsequent caliper mount adapters. I'll keep you posted whether this will rectify the problem. I have been looking at the Magura MT7s
2) I have no idea what the fork offset is. Seriously, why this isn't on the Suntour website is beyond me. I have no doubt that my Kenevo is rocking a 64° headtube angle but haven't the foggiest as to the rake and or trail.
3) 130mm headtube maximum. Some will say that 130mm is enough but as taller riders will know, some frame lengthen the headtube height between frame sizes. My XL Kenevo fits but it was a gamble I walked into when buying the forks. Again, why this information isn't on the suntour website is beyond me. Remember, the headtube still needs to clamp on top and underneath the headset and you should never exceed the required markings on the fork.
4) It is possible to reduce the fork travel. I know, I know. If you buy a 200mm travel fork, why on earth would you want to reduce the travel? As most suntour fork owners will know, all suntour air forks can be adjusted internally. Yes, I can reduce the fork to 180mm. I may experiment with this but I'm in no rush to reduce the fork anytime soon ?

Ok, now we get to

The nerdy:-
I never thought I'd ever say this but, these forks were p#ss easy to set up. Literally, out of the box. Ok, ok, their is no sag indicator on the fork stanchion to find your 30% sag point, but that's why tape measures exist ?. On a serious note, with all 5 spacers pre-installed, I was surprised to learn how much psi I was running initially. And this fork is on an ebike!. I feel somewhat reluctant to outline how much air is in my fork as I am a firm believer that every rider is different. However, if you are that interested, I can go into more detail in a future video outlining how much PSI I run in conjunction with the spacers in the fork. But like I said, with 5 installed, my air pressure was lower than any fork I had ever used before and I did not feel that the fork dived into its travel unnecessarily.
Whilst I'll gladly admit that my only experience using the suntour rux rc2c forks have been on my kenevo, I wouldn't mind seeing what they would feel like on other long travel bikes (ebikes and regular). Granted, I have no intentions on buying a new rig anytime soon but I imagine that opportunity may present itself once the national lockdown (and the vaccine) is a reality for all. Nevertheless, the fork has definitely left a lasting impression. I will be honest and say that I've never tried the FOX40 but I have tried a boxer world cup. All I'll say at this point is 'they're different'. Not one I feel is better than the other going downhill. It would be easy for me to focus on the claimed stiffness between all downhill forks but as I said earlier, these forks are 'Redbull Rampage Proven'. And believe me, these forks are designed to take a hit!!
I was taken by surprise by a lot of people's comments when Rockshox and Fox both released their respective 38mm stanchion forks whereas suntour released a 38mm stanchion fork near 6 years prior. Yes, yes, many will be quick to say "suntour haven't released a 40mm stanchion fork". However, I do partially agree with Rockshox's philosophy in terms of torsional stiffness vs reduced weight. Therefore, if we were to directly compare premium downhill forks, the Suntour Rux would (in my opinion) get high marks for having a downhill/freeride fork which is optimised for emtb's which has a 38mm stanchion fork.

Any who, my phone battery is showing 20% so I guess I'll wrap this initial thoughts and opinions on the Suntour Rux rc2c forks here.

If you have any questions, hit me up and please remember, this are my thoughts (though my criticisms on the lack of information on the suntour website should be looked into).
Similarly, if you are after my thoughts on how the Kenevo rides with the forks, I'll be sure to update you all once the video is uploaded (if not already).

If (a big if) I get an opportunity to compare these forks to other downhill forks, I'll of course keep you posted. Failing this, hopefully my thoughts and opinions will aid someone putting forward a comprehensive comparative video or written review.

If you've read this far, god bless you and as always, stay safe, ride well, peace be the journey and I'll catch you next time.

Take it easy ?
Screenshot_20210106-204012_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 31, 2020
UK

Decided to swing a leg over Stumpy. Truth be told, I still love riding regular bikes aswell ?

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles