Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
So in an effort to assist any new riders to EMTB's, I'll do my utmost to update this thread with any sub £3000 EMTB's I spot (online and/or LBS).

I encourage all of you to do the same.

I'd prefer to keep this thread as brand new emtb's not second hand as warranty is not always transferable.

Hope this thread helps someone ?

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
Haibike FullSeven 4 120mm at Pure Electric - £2999.99

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK

I'd hurry before they're gone!!!

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
Not to sure why the link only posted its HTML format.
I've attached a pick of the link itself.

Screenshot_20210602-205234_Chrome.jpg

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
It is still available at a reasonablish price but be warned, it's different to the original. So please read the product specs first.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
It is still available at a reasonablish price but be warned, it's different to the original. So please read the product specs first.
Not quite sure why they named that one the "stilus" as it's nothing like the Stilus. A bit naughty really. It should be called the Crayon. Performance line motor and horrible horrible spec. It is "cheap" though obscenely expensive compared to the original Stylus spec for spec.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I dunno about "naughty" man. at least it's still aimed at a similar category. and TBF for a decathlon bike they probably aimed a bit high with the first one. it's certainly not uncommon for bike companies to hold on to a model name but re-design and spec the entire bike every couple of years.

Specialized (as well as Intense and Santa cruz among others) have held on to the same model names but switched to completely different category of bike after a few years.
Eg The OG Spesh Status was a 200mm budget DH bike (that was actually a bargain ripper of a bike) and current Status is a 160mm enduro bike and the Spesh Pitch which was a 140mm pre-enduro gravity orientated trail bike and now is a cheap 29er hardtail

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
The one thing I've noticed is that they've stated that the bike has 65 newton meters of torque (if you're someone who goes off that measurement in terms of power). But I was of the belief that all Bosch motors were up to 85 newton meters of torque.
Bizarre!!

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I thought many of the Bosch motors required an update to unleash the full 85nm

dunno tho. and for a bike like that I'm not sure I'd care

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I dunno about "naughty"
I think it's using the momentum they have from the Stilus and people who don't know any better end up buying this bike, thinking it's that bike :

Screenshot 2021-08-16 13.24.36.png

They've re-named the normal one the E-AM STILUS and the new touring bike motor one the E-ST STILUS.

Maybe I'm over thinking it and they're thinking of/using "Stilus" to just be whatever full suspension emtbs which aren't made in house (as they still haven't released their in house ones yet).

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Decathlon are pretty well known for selling cheap poorly specd bikes to folk who'll rarely ride them... Its kinda their sales model for the entire business
I bought a couple for some friends a few years ago. I don't know how you can say they're cheap and poorly spec'd. I was looking at them the other week and they're both like new and in tip top condition.

But I think they have only been used twice .......

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
A few years ago while in Spain visiting a friend I bought myself a btwin 520 hardtail for 250euros from the local Decathlon store to head out and hunt down trails in the nearby hills. I rode that bike for a couple of hours each evening and found some pretty epic trails to ride. despite all the corner cutting (bike spec and my best Sam Hill impersonation) it held up just fine to a week of being blatted through rock strewn Enduro style terrain. When it was time to leave I just left the bike (in perfect condition) for others to use

I'm not knocking them. Just being realistic.

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
You could argue that I'm abusing this thread but hell, selling one of my own eebs on Ebay for £2200 or make an offer.

For anyone who is genuinely nervous about buying second hand eebs, fear not with this bike.
I'll stand by anyone who buys it off me and assist them with any issues which they may encounter (including motor, battery, frame etc).

Anywho, contact me if your interested or would like to try the bike.

Full details are on my Ebay listing but if you require specific info, just drop me a line ??

20210912_114239.jpg

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
I'm somewhat curious about this as it does (in some ways) resemble my Biktrix Monte.

20210627_122343.jpg

If it's legit (£1550 and available stock in the uk), I'll be sure to spread the word as upgrading this ebike would not be difficult.
FYI, its powered by the Bafang M400 motor (80nm) with a 540wh battery.

I'll keep you all posted 👊🏿

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
Wow, I did hear that you could buy ebikes at Argos but I didn't know you could get this!!

FYI, it is a mid drive motor but it's not Bafang and I reckon it's a 36v 14amp Reention Darado battery which is sold with a 2 amp charger.

DIY ebike builders might want to look into this one as it wouldn't be difficult to upgrade (and potentially over vault) for cheap 👍🏿

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
I'd never pick a bike that had a Suntour fork on it, it's just cheap and nasty and more often that not retails at under 200 quid, which is a bit of a let down when you're spending £3k

The last decent thing to come out under that name had either Superb or XC Pro on it.

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
I'd never pick a bike that had a Suntour fork on it, it's just cheap and nasty and more often that not retails at under 200 quid, which is a bit of a let down when you're spending £3k

The last decent thing to come out under that name had either Superb or XC Pro on it.
I dunno.
The RUX RC2C forks are pretty decent.
But I do see your point.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles