Neeko DeVinchi on EMTB FORUMS

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Which is the best tyre for scaring dog walkers on NT land? 31 minutes is far too long and I'm an old fart with an attention span, the yoof of today will struggle to watch anything longer than a TikTok video!

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
Which is the best tyre for scaring dog walkers on NT land? 31 minutes is far too long and I'm an old fart with an attention span, the yoof of today will struggle to watch anything longer than a TikTok video!
I know dooms!!
The issue was by trying to condense it to a short 10/15m vid, I would miss something.
I'll probably follow this vid up with a written review for none English speaking viewers but I doubt I'll make another long vid like this (unless I'm paid too) ?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
A voiceover rather than constant chatter would allow you to condense the video to 5 minutes per tyre and say all you need to in that time.

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
I think I'll use this template as a method for doing other comparisons. Even so, it was difficult to condense it to my usual 15min length.

Anywho, I think the next comparison vid will be mtb related and then I'll jump back to emtb related.

As always, don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions ??

I don't think, currently, you should be giving out advice on what equipment is best. Book yourself a day at Bike Park Wales or equivalent, and try some mountain biking, because at present you are not doing any. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh but if unsuspecting individuals take advice from you by watching your videos then it's the blind leading the blind you could potentially be giving out dangerous guidance.

your videos are far too long and cliched in commentry.

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
I don't think, currently, you should be giving out advice on what equipment is best. Book yourself a day at Bike Park Wales or equivalent, and try some mountain biking, because at present you are not doing any. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh but if unsuspecting individuals take advice from you by watching your videos then it's the blind leading the blind you could potentially be giving out dangerous guidance.

your videos are far too long and cliched in commentry.
Well, feedback is feedback!!!
Maybe should just return to bike parks and get over my fear of being discriminated against again.

Mountain bikings all about commitment. And I'm committed to getting better.

Thanks for your comment ??

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Maybe should just return to bike parks and get over my fear of being discriminated against again.

Nothing wrong with making a blog and showing your learning. Hell, that's how Rob on here started off his YouTube blog and with this forum,, and look at him now!... A youtube influencer! I just don't like it when people re-invent themselves and claim to know what they are preaching when they do not. It's pretentious.

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
Nothing wrong with making a blog and showing your learning. Hell, that's how Rob on here started off his YouTube blog and with this forum,, and look at him now!... A youtube influencer! I just don't like it when people re-invent themselves and claim to know what they are preaching when they do not. It's pretentious.
Lol. Well if I'm the crapest rider on the furom, I guess I'll improve.

If you're a skills coach, hit me up and we can arrange something ??

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales

are there no mtb centres or purpose made trails anywhere near where you live or within travelable distance?

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
are there no mtb centres or purpose made trails anywhere near where you live or within travelable distance?
You have a bit more privilege to visit a trail center and work the edge of your skills without being treated like you don't belong there.

That said, Doom makes a good point. It's just a lot easier for us to say that from a position of our own privilege.

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
Hey, hey, hey!!!
Let's not get into that today. Afterall, we all should share the trails together.

There are local trail centres near myself @apac. Most notably would be Sandwell Valley which I've featured on my channel. But as you (and many others) have hinted, my skills need improving. So I'll do that.

@Gyre, we've gotta meet someday. I'm all for meeting new riders ??

@Doomanic, referring to a different thread you made concerning bike thefts at Cannock Chase. Is it safe now or still 'same old, same old'?

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
You're not alone in that. You need to ride more in general and ride more challenging terrain in particular. Get some coaching. Ride more. Ride more varied terrain. Ride more.
Can't stress enough the importance of finding the right kind of trail to challenge your skill level without being overwhelming. Otherwise, it's too easy to stagnate riding deep inside your comfort zone.

Coaching, yes, absolutely. A good coach can help you jump years ahead of where you'd be through trial and error on your own.

Staff member
Subscriber
Jul 15, 2020
FORUM
Thread cleaned.

@Neeko DeVinchi Everyone is treated the same on the forum and everyone is welcome, even fat bike owners (you know who you are). Please refrain from making provocatory posts claiming people are racist just because they disagree with you, posting video's with unsubstantiated claims that people are racist or making inflammatory posts insinuating that everyone on the forum is racist.

If you write a post or link a video and people disagree with what you've said, it's a public forum, they're entitled to reply.

Do not post further posts in the "Wasteland" section of the forum as it makes it appear that your posts have been moved there by the moderators in a discriminatory manner.

I'll also remind you again to not issue ultimatums to the moderators (unrelated to this thread) or as we stated, as per forum policy, your account will be deleted.

For everyone else : this thread will remain locked for one week to give everyone time to reflect and not feel the need to explain or justify themselves.

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Please don't tell me that's a golf course you're on.
new sport.. mountain golf

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Please don't tell me that's a golf course you're on.
1629999971545.png

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Screeching your brakes at dogs on a footpath and claiming them to be out of control…

Illegal bikes in National trust Parks…

Then bombing around a golf course ???‍♂️??‍♂️

Whatever next. ??

it astounds me how wide open you put yourself up for criticism mate.

its a shame as you seem a nice bloke and your videos are enthusiastic. But have a think before posting

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles