M820 Bafang - LIGHTCARBON LCE930 Frame (lightweight)

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
l idéal et mettre un séparateur de batteriel ideal and put a battery separator
Tu veux dire que la batterie d'extension est en parallèle avec la batterie principale ? Une prise supplémentaire est nécessaire pour se connecter au moteur, quelque chose que nous ne pouvons pas réparer pour le moment car nous ne pouvons pas trouver de prise appropriée.

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
also, I see the head tube is 120mm in size L.
According to your experience, what could be the minimum size for the fork tube length? There is a nice revelation at a good price near me which is cut at 185mm, I think that’s ok but I prefer to double check…

MI Rida

Oct 23, 2022
MI
According to your experience, what could be the minimum size for the fork tube length? There is a nice revelation at a good price near me which is cut at 185mm, I think that’s ok but I prefer to double check…
That's going to be difficult to answer since everyone has their own preferred setup with stems and spacers.

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
That's going to be difficult to answer since everyone has their own preferred setup with stems and spacers.
Yeah sure, you’re right, I’m not a big fan of huge spacers and very high stem! So I think it should be right…

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Yeah sure, you’re right, I’m not a big fan of huge spacers and very high stem! So I think it should be right…
You can figure about 50mm for the stem and 10-15mm for headset cap. So 120+15+50=185 so it would be pretty close.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
I have a E10 with 120 mm steering tube and need 210 mm of fork steering tube length. 50 mm stem, 20 mm headset cup, 20 mm spacers. Be careful…

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Hey Jim, can we have an update on the retro planning for the frame production ? Do you already have frames ready in Medium ? If yes, can we see the pictures ?
Thanks!

KaroKönig

Feb 10, 2021
Germany
Hey Jim, can we have an update on the retro planning for the frame production ? Do you already have frames ready in Medium ? If yes, can we see the pictures ?
Thanks!

Carol from Light-Carbon sent me this photo
7EDB0A97-F054-4E1B-BF59-676A57DF1E6D.png

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Yes I've seen the video as well, very nice looking! I was expecting a complete bike :) but maybe it's still a bit early

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
It's an attractive frame, but that kinked seat tube so high is going to limit dropper post insertion considerably.

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
That’s nice!
I’m 184, but I prefer bikes not too huge and more playful!
Yes, the mostest attractive of this frame is the diversity of gameplay; the performance of purely riding on downhill conditions is not as good as that of conventional heavy-duty EMTB

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Yes, the mostest attractive of this frame is the diversity of gameplay; the performance of purely riding on downhill conditions is not as good as that of conventional heavy-duty EMTB

Do you have any feedback on Bafang exhivition? Did they start to test the frames?

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
There is one bolt that needs to be improved, Bafang has settled on using our frame as an exhibit, maybe the American Sea Otter show? I'm not sure.
There is a latest news about the frame. We have upgraded the weight again. Under the premise of ensuring the quality, the weight of the M size is now 2750g instead of the previous 2950g.

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
There is one bolt that needs to be improved, Bafang has settled on using our frame as an exhibit, maybe the American Sea Otter show? I'm not sure.
There is a latest news about the frame. We have upgraded the weight again. Under the premise of ensuring the quality, the weight of the M size is now 2750g instead of the previous 2950g.
That’s a great news for the weight reduction!
ETA is still mid May at latest for L size?

borysgo2

Feb 1, 2023
Ireland
Height 182cm, fit for frame size L, the Max droopper post insert length is 200mm, not 180mm,
View attachment 109189
Hi Jim
Yes insertion length is 200mm but the longest dropper post to fit the frame is 180mm (stroke). The shortest insertion length droppers are made by OneUp. If 240mm (stroke) dropper post is fitted in LCE930 frame than 184cm tall person will have too short legs to reach the pedals.

Are there any news if the frame can be supplied with the motor+battery kit ? Or the motor+battery kit have to be bought somewhere else?

Thanks

LCE930 dropper post.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles