M820 Bafang - LIGHTCARBON LCE930 Frame (lightweight)

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Jim, I see you’re providing the headset and spacer for irc. It looks like we don’t need a star in the fork with what I can see on the website ?
Also, can you confirm if you’re providing the bearings for the fork mount, if not, what size is needed?

borysgo2

Feb 1, 2023
Ireland
Jim
It looks like I am waiting only for You and the motor kit.

IMG_20230327_185032.jpg

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Jim, I see you’re providing the headset and spacer for irc. It looks like we don’t need a star in the fork with what I can see on the website ?
Also, can you confirm if you’re providing the bearings for the fork mount, if not, what size is needed?
The star nut normally comes with the fork. For metal forks, a compression nut for forks with carbon steerer tube.

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
The star nut normally comes with the fork. For metal forks, a compression nut for forks with carbon steerer tube.
You’re right, but in the pictures on lightcarbon website, we can see there’s something that looks like a compression nut

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
The specs on the website say straight 1.5" headtube.
So correct me if I’m wrong - my experience in building modern bikes is zero 😀 - but it looks like the headset they present on the website has all the needed hardware ( top and bottom ).
Also, maybe they are using a non tapered design to allow more space for IRC?

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Yes, if you look through the thread the question was already asked and answered by Jim. They did not taper the headtube to allow more room for the cables. You use a tapered fork with an adapter headset.

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
Hello everyone, sorry reply so you late, but just got back to the office from a business trip.
the head tube is Straight 1 1/2" , but the fork is Tapered, the rest space is for the inner cables,
the frame set including frame + head set+ seat clamp + thru-axle, and UDH hanger,
also including the Anti collision cover for motor, but no side cover。
check the picture of headset, including the top cover.

head set.png

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
And, everyone please note,
Bafang informed us that they changed the battery’s mount which fix the battery on the frame, before there are two mount, each mount have one hole, now they worry about not being fixed enough, so they will change it, but now they are just open the mold for the upport plate.
So, if you buy the battery now, your battery will be the old vesion with one hole, if buy it in next month, the battery maybe with two holes,.
We will also change our frame according the vesions of battery,
So, confirm your battery first, we will ship different frames to you,

2 holes.png battery mount.jpg

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
Jim
Can You can ask bafang if the new mounting plates can be bought separetley to upgrade the battery fixing to 4 holes one?
First of all, it is very difficult to only take the mounting plates of Bafang batteries. Bafang does not even sell empty boxes, except for its large foreign partners.
The upgrade of the new version of the battery is not only two more fixing holes, but also their cable layout has been modified, so even if you get the new plates, they cannot completely match the old battery,
Please check the picture, the modified information provided by bafang company, the box on the left of the picture is modified version 1 (not mass-produced, it has some improvements compared to the mass-produced version sold now), and the right side is modified version 2 (will replace the mass-produced version) ,

1.JPG 22.jpg

borysgo2

Feb 1, 2023
Ireland
First of all, it is very difficult to only take the mounting plates of Bafang batteries. Bafang does not even sell empty boxes, except for its large foreign partners.
The upgrade of the new version of the battery is not only two more fixing holes, but also their cable layout has been modified, so even if you get the new plates, they cannot completely match the old battery,
Please check the picture, the modified information provided by bafang company, the box on the left of the picture is modified version 1 (not mass-produced, it has some improvements compared to the mass-produced version sold now), and the right side is modified version 2 (will replace the mass-produced version) ,

View attachment 110552 View attachment 110553
As the cable connector look a bit different I presume that the motor might be modyfied also.
Thanks for info.
Regards Peter

lalaland

Jul 27, 2021
singapore
It seem like the rear shock is very close to the rocker arm, are we able to fit a big shock like fox float x2 or a rockshox with Megneg upgrade?

Screenshot_20230404_094616_Chrome.jpg

clix

Jul 24, 2022
EU
Hej @JimLee-Lightcarbon: If I understand correctly, you are currently only supling the frame, and not the motor+battery?
Is this for all the frames that you have, or only for this one, because you don't have M820 on stock yet?
tnx

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
Last edited:

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
Hej @JimLee-Lightcarbon: If I understand correctly, you are currently only supling the frame, and not the motor+battery?
Is this for all the frames that you have, or only for this one, because you don't have M820 on stock yet?
tnx
yes we have no M820 in stock now, if quantity buyer, We can introduce you to Bafang's older brother, Regional Sales Manager, if personal buyers, we can introduce you the agent of bafang products in china,
and we will keep some N820 motor kits in stock in future, now still discuss the price, but we will no keep the other motor and battery, we are manufacturer of carbon bike parts, not bike shop.

clix

Jul 24, 2022
EU
Hey guys, I have a question regarding the needed cables for this build. What is needed?

For power:
To me, it looks like the F014 battery comes with the cable "hanging out" and this plugs straight to the motor, no extension needed. Other two cables are connection to BMS and to charging port, probably?

For display, battery BMS and lights:
some type of EB 1T3.H With this, I will be able to connect to Bafang battery BMS(M3.12), and display (M5.4) and will also have hanging connectors for the ligths(?) (Female 2 Pins (7015-BS-2)).
For any of this things, do I need any extension cable?

For speed sensor:
On the remaining EB-BUS connector I have to somehow connect SR SD021.01 speed sensor.
What kind of cable do i need for this? Also, does the plug actually go trough the hole in the frame? Do I have to manualy splice the wire, to pass it trough the frame and solder the connector back?

Charging port:
Does this come with the battery and is plug'n play?

I don't need throttle, shift sensors or brake sensors.

This will be my first build, so I am a little overwhelmed with all the possible cables/connectors and lack of information that would clarify things.

tnx

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
Hey guys, I have a question regarding the needed cables for this build. What is needed?

For power:
To me, it looks like the F014 battery comes with the cable "hanging out" and this plugs straight to the motor, no extension needed. Other two cables are connection to BMS and to charging port, probably?

For display, battery BMS and lights:
some type of EB 1T3.H With this, I will be able to connect to Bafang battery BMS(M3.12), and display (M5.4) and will also have hanging connectors for the ligths(?) (Female 2 Pins (7015-BS-2)).
For any of this things, do I need any extension cable?

For speed sensor:
On the remaining EB-BUS connector I have to somehow connect SR SD021.01 speed sensor.
What kind of cable do i need for this? Also, does the plug actually go trough the hole in the frame? Do I have to manualy splice the wire, to pass it trough the frame and solder the connector back?

Charging port:
Does this come with the battery and is plug'n play?

I don't need throttle, shift sensors or brake sensors.

This will be my first build, so I am a little overwhelmed with all the possible cables/connectors and lack of information that would clarify things.

tnx
yes, 014 battery can connect to the motor and BMS derectly, not need conect to charging port, the charging port on the top of the battery. so the newest battery only two cables,
the motor kits including the cables for display, battery BMS
EB 1T3 H1 to 3 cable: 300mm female 8pin(M8.5.3) to controller,1300mm female 5 pin to display(M5.4), 100mm female 3pin to BMS(M3.12), 1000mm 2pin front lights connectors
EB 1T2 N1 to 2 cable; 300mm male 8pin(G8.5.3) to controller, 1800mm 2pin rear lights connectors, 100mm 4pin female to RPM sensor(M4.3)
For speed sensor:
There is the hole to put it on the frame, and have the hole to fix the senor on the frame,
Charging port is plug'n play, fixed on the battery

clix

Jul 24, 2022
EU
@JimLee-Lightcarbon, regarding the cables it makes sense now, tnx.

Regarding the charging port, you say it is directly on the battery. Is there a hole in the frame, in the designated spot, to plug charger directly to the battery? Or does battery have to be removed from the frame to be charged? Probability not, righ?

If there is the hole in the frame, I presume that the charging port location was than changed, from the pictures that we can see?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles