M820 Bafang - LIGHTCARBON LCE930 Frame (lightweight)

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
@JimLee-Lightcarbon, regarding the cables it makes sense now, tnx.

Regarding the charging port, you say it is directly on the battery. Is there a hole in the frame, in the designated spot, to plug charger directly to the battery? Or does battery have to be removed from the frame to be charged? Probability not, righ?

If there is the hole in the frame, I presume that the charging port location was than changed, from the pictures that we can see?
There is no need to remove the battery when charging, there are holes on the body, corresponding to the charging port on the battery,
Please ignore the bottle cage battery this battery will not work, Bafang is developing a bottle cage battery for this frame

E930.jpg

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
There is no need to remove the battery when charging, there are holes on the body, corresponding to the charging port on the battery,
Please ignore the bottle cage battery this battery will not work, Bafang is developing a bottle cage battery for this frame

View attachment 111373
Wow! Bottle cage battery for this frame, that’s great!
Do you have more information ?

clix

Jul 24, 2022
EU
@JimLee-Lightcarbon, what I meant is that to me it doesn't look like the hole alignes with the battery:

1681295742877.png

So, if there is charging port directly on the battery, without any cable for it, hole should be directly above the charging port on the battery, right? And according to my sketch, it looks like it is few cm off.

I am sure that you have already figured everything out, I am just curious. :)

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
@JimLee-Lightcarbon, what I meant is that to me it doesn't look like the hole alignes with the battery:

View attachment 111379

So, if there is charging port directly on the battery, without any cable for it, hole should be directly above the charging port on the battery, right? And according to my sketch, it looks like it is few cm off.

I am sure that you have already figured everything out, I am just curious. :)
The charging port is located at the very end of the battery, and the battery does not fully reach the end of the down tube, so it can completely match the opening on the frame

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
Bought it on alibaba from fieldbikes Ltd.
They will have new type/4 mounting holes battery end of the month ready for shipping.
the newest battery's mold will be finished in the end of this month, and bafang will test it and then profuce it, so normally about at end of May of in June

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
Got the motor kit, but seller forgot to putt the display and remote in the box :(
Waiting for the battery and frame. Motor is quite small, or I have big hands.

Jim
M820 kit comes with 40T sprocket, did You used this one in the test bike ?

Regards

View attachment 111398 View attachment 111399
the motor is so cute, small but power,
Our recommended chainrings are a minimum of 32T and a maximum of 38T, the 40T we have no test it.

borysgo2

Feb 1, 2023
Ireland
@borysgo2 is that the correct speed sensor for this frame?

View attachment 111415

To me it looks like "SR SD071.02", but LCE930 needs "SR SD021.01"
I have to do a bit of the study there as the sensor which came with my motor have 8 pin connector. Sugested SR SD021.01 sensor have 4 pins + a bit different shape of the connector itself, so it might not fitt. But I think there should be no problem to use the new square sensor on the existing frame.

Option number 1 is to screw the sensor on the designed place (maybe with a bit of the offset) and just get a magnet for the wheel spoke.

Option number 2 is to prepare a magnet bracket just under the brake caliper. If cable length will be sufficient I will try to make a bracket for the sensor and use magnet on the brake disc.

EDIT:
Just measured cable length of SR SD071.02 and from the mounting bolt to the connector there is 50cm of cable, which is a bit too short for option 2.

speed sensor.jpg magnet.jpg

Last edited:

borysgo2

Feb 1, 2023
Ireland
I think, I will just cut and extend SPD sensor cable length and rute it with a brake hose. I do not like cable hanging down bellow the suspension arm. Just wondering if there are any suitable plastic/rubber grommets for the frame holes ?

cables.png

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
I think, I will just cut and extend SPD sensor cable length and rute it with a brake hose. I do not like cable hanging down bellow the suspension arm. Just wondering if there are any suitable plastic/rubber grommets for the frame holes ?

View attachment 111436
Each holes has a rubber grommet, We have not tried installing SPD SDO71, but we have the Installation Instructions for 071。
SD021:
SD071:

clix

Jul 24, 2022
EU
Hey all,

can somebody explain how it his headsed, shown on LCE930 page supposed to work?
20230113161205_48042[1].jpg

I don't see any cups, that would be pressed into the frame?

@JimLee-Lightcarbon: Does frame come with the cups already pressed into the frame? or are bearings supposed to be placed directly in the carbon headtube? Or are any metal inserts moulded in the frame?

Who is the manufacturer of the headset? any info online? what would be the alternative?

From the picture, it doesn't look watertight, dust tight. I am not that happy with this cable routing trough headset. It just doesn't look robust enough. And if water is getting inside, bearing could be damaged rather quiclky. Also it would drip, down the downtube, to the motor, where connectors and battery are.

Considering it comes with the compression plug, It looks like it was designed to be on a carbon steerer road bike, and not in a mud infested eMTB. :cautious:

I don't know, we shall see.

Last edited:

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
I think you have valid questions. I think ICS headset cable routing is stupid. But the way the masses go we are forced to follow. Mountain bikes are not to be pretty they are to get dirty.

KaroKönig

Feb 10, 2021
Germany
Hallo @JimLee-Lightcarbon , does the frame already have the new UDH standard for the new Sram Eagle Transmission circuit? I've seen Karbon bike use this circuit on your frame.
How far are the L-frames, can you already give a delivery date ?

B Rabbit

Aug 28, 2021
Australia
I think this is the first decent looking DIY MTB i've seen. Wish it was either longer travel, or ran a 205x60 rear shock so it could be long stroked, but either way, its encouraging to see!

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
I think this is the first decent looking DIY MTB i've seen. Wish it was either longer travel, or ran a 205x60 rear shock so it could be long stroked, but either way, its encouraging to see!
it won't ran 205x60, already advice them to make 205 rearshock version but always said it will break the frame :D

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Anyone got their btf014 yet? Supplier wasn’t able to give an ETA on the new form factor

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles