Long live 2018 Kenevo

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
Specialized have done the obvious thing and made the 2020 Kenevo more DH focussed to distance it from the Levo. This should make customer choice easier - just decide what sort of rider you are and/or where you mostly ride and choose accordingly. The great thing is that it seems either bike can do everything, it's just that each bike does one thing a bit better, whether that be bike parks or trail riding. However, it is obvious from this forum that people don't always find this choice easy. As a compromise the old Kenevo fits the bill pretty well. In some areas its geometry is smack in the middle of the new Kevo and Kenevo: head angle 65 (New Kenevo 64, Levo 66), and wheelbase 1205 (New Kenevo 1263, Levo 1202). Seat angle is the same as the Levo (74.8) and the chainstay is shorter than either the new Kenevo and Levo. This makes it a great all rounder - the bike that can really do everything, as many happy Kenevo owners can attest. It can be disappointing when a new model comes out which supersedes the older one, especially if you have just bought the old model but in the case of the Kenevo this may not be true. I must admit that a 700w battery would be great, but for £500 or so one can buy a trailwatts supplementary battery or even a spare and use that to have a huge range .

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
I think you’re spot on. I decided to get one knowing the new one was only weeks away but not knowing what it would be exactly. My aim was to have it delivered ASAP with a Rohloff installed at the Specialized store.

As it turns out I would’ve been equally happy with the 2020 S2.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles