Levo Gen 2 Where does this grommet live?

rwhitfie

Sep 14, 2020
Gloucester
When I took the rear wheel off I noticed this on the ground ... can’t see where that might go on the Levo?

1CB06715-D896-4CB4-8EFE-27911A9BD076.jpeg

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
What size it is? It might be a protection cap of a bleed port on a brake caliper...

rwhitfie

Sep 14, 2020
Gloucester
What size it is? It might be a protection cap of a bleed port on a brake caliper...
Hi, not been able to measure but I’d say it’s about 4mm but it’s not from the calliper as the cap is still there. And the calliper ones have a lip presumably to aid taking them off.
It’s from the rear end so hopefully that helps? ?

rwhitfie

Sep 14, 2020
Gloucester
Mainly cos I’d taken the rear wheel off and put some plastic sheeting down on the grass so as not to get dirt on any component. It’s possible it could have dropped out from somewhere else on the bike?.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Mainly cos I’d taken the rear wheel off and put some plastic sheeting down on the grass so as not to get dirt on any component. It’s possible it could have dropped out from somewhere else on the bike?.
Frame grommet? My merida has grommets like that.

rwhitfie

Sep 14, 2020
Gloucester
All ebikes come with 2 of those gromits.
One for each ear to dampen the screams from your other half when they find out how much your bike cost
Don’t tell them, they wouldn’t understand. Like my riding buddy says, you could explain in terms of it’s better than having a mistress?!

rwhitfie

Sep 14, 2020
Gloucester
I had heard of people having surgery to insert grommets in their ears, but I didn't know that was the reason.
Think these things are inserted to improve hearing so a little counterintuitive. Besides the objects is misdescribed as it’s not a grommet it’s a cap ... my bad. ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles