Kiox won't finish ride and sync

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
After my first ride I did not know that you had to end the ride by removing display from the base. Now my next 2 rides have not synced and original ride remains unfinished in E-connect....How can i erase that ride? App will not allow deletion and even after factory reset, unfinished ride remains. Any ideas?

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
Ive never had to remove the kiox to get it to download , it does take a bit of time to upload from the kiox to the phone app (the app is crap ) I normally connect to the app and leave it whilst I go get a cup of tea ? , the app doesn't show my route , how many ft I've been up and down etc etc pretty rubbish tbh ?

Gigha

Sep 30, 2020
East Lothian
If your Kiox is on the latest software [3.1.10 I think] Then all you should need to do is switch off the Kiox with it still on the bike, a synchonising message should come up confirming it has synced the ride before it shuts down, only takes a few seconds [assuming the phone is still connected via bt]

Ebike connect app on my phone shows the route as well as an altitude profile, though there is no ascent / descent data. screenshot below

eBike Connect screen shot .jpg

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
I know that is what is supposed to happen.....but its not happening. It is still showing first ride as unfinished and future rides never upload then disappear from the headunit while the ride from 3/20 remains unfinished. I have factory reset the device and the unfinished ride reappears when I re-register the unit.

Gigha

Sep 30, 2020
East Lothian
Thats a new one on me, is it possible to delete the activity within the ebike connect app. [or the online version]

If its a new bike, then there may be an actual fault somewhere in the system.

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
With the Kiox off the bike turn it on and have the app on. The app needs to be set to always on when using an iPhone. The Kiox will turn itself off and it should have worked, if it hasn’t then log on to the econnect online.

Mine used to time time on occasion. The only time it didn’t record a route was when the app settings were anything other than “always on”. Altitude has never worked for me but by exporting it to Strava or the like it gives a value.

As to how accurate all the readings are is another subject but if you just use it as a comparison from one ride to another then it’s certainly good enough for amateur use. I would love Bosch to pull their finger out though as I like it could be so much better.

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
With the Kiox off the bike turn it on and have the app on. The app needs to be set to always on when using an iPhone. The Kiox will turn itself off and it should have worked, if it hasn’t then log on to the econnect online.

Mine used to time time on occasion. The only time it didn’t record a route was when the app settings were anything other than “always on”. Altitude has never worked for me but by exporting it to Strava or the like it gives a value.

As to how accurate all the readings are is another subject but if you just use it as a comparison from one ride to another then it’s certainly good enough for amateur use. I would love Bosch to pull their finger out though as I like it could be so much better.
Kiox does turn itself off and ride from 3/20 still shows unfinished and the 2 other rides cleared out but never transferred...I sent a msg to Bosch customer service to see if they can actually help....

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
I figured out how to do a complete delete all my activity data on Bosch servers....so no data at all. we'll see if new stuff transfers properly now. i'm Riding tomorrow so we shall see. I do wish Bosch would get some Garmin compatibility...but you know that won't happen.....if they gave up that control they'd realize 3rd parties could make their integration 1000 times better...

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
New ride today, turned assist off at end of ride, phone was connected, App set as always on, says synced, kiox powers off on its own.......NO RIDE DATA! getting frustrated...lol

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
Is the Kiox recording the data ? At the end of the ride does it show you the whole ride details? Have you created an E-connect account and logged on online?

If there were loads of folks saying they had issues then there would be something going on but at the moment it all seems to be pointing to user error or a corrupt user profile at the Bosch end. You could always delete (remove) the Kiox from the bike via the software and then add it back. You could also do the same having created a new user profile.

Thats the best I can come up with at the moment. Good luck ?

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I had similar issues and gave up with it, I've uninstalled the bosch app now. I just use my garmin watch synced to strava , its much better.

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
Is the Kiox recording the data ? At the end of the ride does it show you the whole ride details? Have you created an E-connect account and logged on online?

If there were loads of folks saying they had issues then there would be something going on but at the moment it all seems to be pointing to user error or a corrupt user profile at the Bosch end. You could always delete (remove) the Kiox from the bike via the software and then add it back. You could also do the same having created a new user profile.

Thats the best I can come up with at the moment. Good luck ?
Everything was setup properly, it registered the ride as incomplete after I eventually restarted my phone (not sure why that helped) but still would not complete the ride....Kiox would power off before completing transfer....I had to press the light button every 20seconds or so to ensure the unit stayed on until it finished the transfers which was after about 3-4 minutes...

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
Two more questions:

Does the app have “allow mobile data’ turned on?
Have you logged on to the e-connect website an seen missing data?

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
Two more questions:

Does the app have “allow mobile data’ turned on?
Have you logged on to the e-connect website an seen missing data?
Everything is set up properly and always has been. My first ride partially transferred then never completed. Trip data is reset daily so first ride cleared out but remained unfinished. Rides 2-4 were logged on unit but never transfers as original ride remained unfinished yet 3rides after were logged and finished with app set to always on...unit allowed to power off on its own, but all rides never transferred. I factory reset unit and reconnected everything but first ride was still server so I deleted all my econnect server information so I started from scratch a second time. That’s when I recorded my ride from yesterday which I mentioned in my last post. Gonna ride again tonight after work to see if it goes smoother this time.

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
Don't count on it always working.
This would have to be the crappyest most frustrating app I have ever used.
I use an Android phone. Normally when I turn my bike on, I then have to start the Bosch eBike connect app. Sometimes it connects and sometimes it doesn't.

It seems to Half connect.On the kiox, if I go to the Battery % screen, then I van see the bike battery and a Box that shows the phone is connected but if there is no battery % in the phone battery display, then the sync will not work.
To get a connection I normally have to stop my bluetooth on the phone, then re-start it. and often the connection will then work
If not then normally re booting the phone will fix it.

What is really frustrating is that if you make a pause and the Kiox turns off, when you re start it won't automatically reconnect. You have to go into settings and stop bluetooth and restart it again to get a connection.
Also if you finish a ride in a place where you don't have a mobile data connection, then your ride information is gone forever.
On my ride yesterday I tried to do everything right but still only got the first bit of my ride stats in the app.

I even updated to the newest version before the ride and hoped they had fixed it.

BOSCH, I have been having these problems for nearly 1 1/2 years now! Please do something!!!!

Sijmes

Sep 22, 2018
Netherlands
So what happened ? Mine won't finish rides and let me delete. The kiox, the app and the site are all hit and miss. Guaranteed to let you down, should you rely on them.

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
TBH, once I had it set up and understood that once the ride ends u have to leave the bike on and depending on how long the ride was turn the bike back on until data finally transmits to the phone app I haven’t had any issues. Not the most intuitive immediate transfer, but I haven’t had an issue since the beginning

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
What I find extremely helpful since the last Kiox update, is you can see if your Phon is connected or not.
If it is not connected there is an Orange Dot on the main screen. When connected, then it is grey/white.
If the phone is connected then it always synchronises.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles