Kiox and Bluetooth data

Clarky860

Mar 19, 2020
Austria
Any one else want more from there Kiox? I was hoping I would be able to link to a garmin or similar device so I could record the ride my way and not through the bosch app. I think a few other manufactures transmit data via bluetooth or ant+ such as cadence and power (the data i want sent to my garmin device)

I emailed Bosch to ask for this feature and maybe if a few more people email they may just implement it.

[email protected]

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Any one else want more from there Kiox? I was hoping I would be able to link to a garmin or similar device so I could record the ride my way and not through the bosch app. I think a few other manufactures transmit data via bluetooth or ant+ such as cadence and power (the data i want sent to my garmin device)

I emailed Bosch to ask for this feature and maybe if a few more people email they may just implement it.

[email protected]

Isn't that what their new Smartphone Hub does? AFAIR, it needs the Kiox mount. I'm still not sure whether I want this or not. It duplicates my Edge 1000 and is big and clumsy looking.

Bosch seem to be keen on upselling rather than upgrading their interface. :(

dochabanero

Sep 8, 2019
Sweden
Have sent them a similar request while back. In short:

# choice of display, no display but still BT and ANT+
# ANT+ support regardless of my first point
# Slimmer/smaller mode switch rather than the bulky options provided now.

Also want to leave my phone home and only use the Watch (Apple) to reduce the risk of breaking it. The watch has LTE, so using Bosch Connect with the phone would be nice. That however may be down to Apple not allowing 3rd party apps access to LTE.

unclezz

May 3, 2020
CZ
Hello!

I absolutely second @Clarky860 as well as @dochabanero !
Actually I really dislike the way Bosch is closing doors to 3rd parties.

My dream is to use the Bosch engines with my Garmin Edge, as it is possible already with Shimano and Specialized/Brose setup.
Also I really don't like the fact that it is not possible to change support values. Also in this case Specialized is far ahead.

I will also send e-mail to Bosch support, don;t think it will help but worth a try.

Clarky860

Mar 19, 2020
Austria
Is it possible to link your rides to Strava?
It is possible to upload to strava when you use a computer to look at your track on the bosch ebike connect webpage. But I want the sensor data to be sent to my garmin device likle nearly all other brands have done

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
I might be missing something hear but what more do you wont from the bosch? When you get home if your inclined to look it gives virtually everything that's relevant , Power/ cadence/miles/ your input vs motor the entire route, the list goes on.

To be honest I don't bother with it now. I used to be intrigued when I 1st got the bike but after a 1000 miles the novelty has worn off.

Between Bosch/ Garmin and Kamoot that all link up together the data is overwhelming and would require more of my effort to decipher it than the actual ride I don't feel the need to investigate :)

Clarky860

Mar 19, 2020
Austria
I might be missing something hear but what more do you wont from the bosch? When you get home if your inclined to look it gives virtually everything that's relevant , Power/ cadence/miles/ your input vs motor the entire route, the list goes on.

To be honest I don't bother with it now. I used to be intrigued when I 1st got the bike but after a 1000 miles the novelty has worn off.

Between Bosch/ Garmin and Kamoot that all link up together the data is overwhelming and would require more of my effort to decipher it than the actual ride I don't feel the need to investigate :)

Yes you are correct and I know I can see all these once I get home, don't get me wrong my gripe is very small and doesn't subtract from me enjoying my bike but... all I am asking is if it is possible for Bosch to implement this? I believe it would just be a software update as all the hardware is already in the unit, also this would bring bosch level with the other manufacturers for 3rd party devices/apps integration.

sbellisario

Jun 3, 2020
Italy
Yes you are correct and I know I can see all these once I get home, don't get me wrong my gripe is very small and doesn't subtract from me enjoying my bike but... all I am asking is if it is possible for Bosch to implement this? I believe it would just be a software update as all the hardware is already in the unit, also this would bring bosch level with the other manufacturers for 3rd party devices/apps integration.

it would be great to be able to read engine data from a Garmin edge device!
I also wrote an email...
let's hope!

unclezz

May 3, 2020
CZ
I never got a reply from Bosch and honestly I already started looking at e-bikes with other motors just because of the integration. On this one the good and old Shimano is my current favorite :)

sbellisario

Jun 3, 2020
Italy
1592222106051.png

Aitrui

May 16, 2020
Budapest
Yeah,Bosch doing the same things as in the car industry. You will get integration and compatibility with 3rd party devices in Kiox 10 in 2029, when everybody else is already on MindConnect. :D

I used a kiox for a while, and eventually dicthed all of the displays, I just ride, no speed, no data, just the wind.

miguepram

Feb 6, 2020
Spain
I have also left a message but I don't have high expectations. Integration with garmin would sink the sales of its new nyon 2020

dochabanero

Sep 8, 2019
Sweden
Hope that people don’t just shout ‘we want an app’ but rather put some effort into explaining exactly what the are missing in respect of Bosch eBike systems, Kiox/No Kiox, App integration, Custom power modes, etc.

I’m sure Bosch are interested to hear in detail what the customer base has on their wishlist

Aitrui

May 16, 2020
Budapest
I’m sure Bosch are interested to hear in detail what the customer base has on their wishlist

sure....:giggle:

Bosch is massive (enormous) company compared to any of his competitors. They don't care about the tiny amount (I'm guessing less than 0.1%) of the customer who want more from the system as capable right now. They dictate what you can buy, when, and how much does it cost, not the customers. Along the way they will or already lying something to you about the products, that's how they operate.

Last edited:

Hamina

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 22, 2020
FIN
sure....:giggle:

Bosch is massive (enormous) company compared to any of his competitors. They don't care about the tiny amount (I'm guessing less than 0.1%) of the customer who want more from the system as capable right now. They dictate what you can buy, when, and how much does it cost, not the customers. Along the way they will or already lying something to you about the products, that's how they operate.
Why should they care about some minority if the normal products sell good?

Integration to Garmin would be nice feature, but I’m not holding my breath. They seem to build their own ecosystem.

d7e8wd

May 11, 2020
UK
Looks like you all got some good news today with the navigation update for the kiox..

Anyone know how their maps work?

Ma Nook

Sep 15, 2020
Switzerland
Hey Thanks ! Although there seems to be many issues with Bosh! It almost convinces me to give up and go for Brose once and for all...

Minikeum

Oct 29, 2020
Switzerland
Any update on that topic? I would really like to have the information of input power and cadence, fed to my Garmin Fenix 6 watch, mainly for training purposes.

Note that I only have a Purion console, but would retrofit to Kiox if this data transfer to Garmin devices was possible.
I would also prefer keeping the Purion if these info were accessible somehow.

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
Any update on that topic? I would really like to have the information of input power and cadence, fed to my Garmin Fenix 6 watch, mainly for training purposes.

Note that I only have a Purion console, but would retrofit to Kiox if this data transfer to Garmin devices was possible.
I would also prefer keeping the Purion if these info were accessible somehow.

I've just popped out to the garage and turned the bike on. Disconnected battery saver on my Fenix 6 pro, went to Bluetooth on the kiox and it connected straight away to the watch, the kiox is showing both my phone and watch connected with a little heart rate monitor display.
No idea if it will do anything but ill let you no next time I'm out on the bike.

Minikeum

Oct 29, 2020
Switzerland
thanks!
the best would be to get that data without having to create a Bosch ebike connect account. I already have Garmin Connect, Strava, and Trailforks. I don’t want/need another one! :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles