Kenevo Gen1 Kenevo Expert 2023

blancysteve

Sep 7, 2020
IE

Rich07

Mar 27, 2024
North Yorkshire
Hi

I am coming from a 21 Cube Hybrid Stereo 160 TM.

I have ordered from

The attractive price was too good to pass up. I ordered an S4

Im 5, 11 , 90kg and do mainly bike parks & mountain riding with some technical trail centers.

They have upgraded the cranks (160), brakes & shock from last years model.

Any suggestions, tips & trick to dial this in?
What price did you get it at? Currently at €4500, very tempted myself.
I tried to order the Kenevo Comp from IBK earlier in the week but the order wouldn't go through for some reason.
IBK prices and stock seems to fluctuate quite often from what I've noticed.

Christurbo

Subscriber
Jul 11, 2023
North Wales
Have a look at my thread. Not one part is standard really.

https://www.emtbforums.com/threads/downduro-rig-has-been-born-page-4-⚡️.35085/

IMG_0321.jpeg

blancysteve

Sep 7, 2020
IE
What price did you get it at? Currently at €4500, very tempted myself.
I tried to order the Kenevo Comp from IBK earlier in the week but the order wouldn't go through for some reason.
IBK prices and stock seems to fluctuate quite often from what I've noticed.
Hi..I.picked it up for 4200 delivered (on route) . I see its gone up.

blancysteve

Sep 7, 2020
IE
Looking forward to testing out the new electric SRAM GX Eagle AXS on the Kenevo, when it arrives. Anyone have one?

blancysteve

Sep 7, 2020
IE
I'm assuming these have to be runout models
160mm cranks
RS brakes
Upgraded Coil Shock
AXS electronic drivetrain etc
Will we see a 24/5 model

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
I’ve been looking at these on the UK site, it says customs duties and taxes included in the price but doesn’t say if that covers VAT. If it doesn’t include VAT then it’s only saving me like £200 over buying it locally.

zorro77

Apr 13, 2021
Italy
I'm assuming these have to be runout models
160mm cranks
RS brakes
Upgraded Coil Shock
AXS electronic drivetrain etc
Will we see a 24/5 model
Hi, do you mean they present a new Kenevo on May 24th? Do you have secure information?

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Brilliant spec on the 23/4 Kenevo. The bike & its upgrades over the 20-22 model seem to have gone under the radar.
100% this. Plus it's now cheaper than when it launched late 2019. The expert then was £7000. Currently available for around £5400 on sale. Staggering good vfm for what I believe is one of the most flexible emtb on the market still.

blancysteve

Sep 7, 2020
IE
100% this. Plus it's now cheaper than when it launched late 2019. The expert then was £7000. Currently available for around £5400 on sale. Staggering good vfm for what I believe is one of the most flexible emtb on the market still.
4200 euros now on IBK

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
4200 euros now on IBK
I keep looking at that deal, still haven’t been able to get a straight answer on whether or not that includes VAT/custom duties for the UK. It says it does but can’t get verification, I’ve emailed them and still waiting for a reply.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
I keep looking at that deal, still haven’t been able to get a straight answer on whether or not that includes VAT/custom duties for the UK. It says it does but can’t get verification, I’ve emailed them and still waiting for a reply.
If it's similar to the bike I recently tried to buy from euroland that price is likely vat included. They should knock the vat off then when it hits the UK you will get charged UK vat plus 6% import.
If they are not geared up to sell to the UK it could be a pain.

Last edited:

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
If it's similar to the bike I recently tried to buy from euroland that price is likely vat included. They should knock the vat off then when it hits the UK you will get charged UK vat plus 6% import.
If they are not geared up to sell to the UK it could be a pain.
They have a UK version of their website, it’s £4200 on there. I just checked again and the “includes customs and taxes” line is gone. Once you add the UK VAT/import charges it’s not much cheaper than buying it locally, I’d maybe save £2-300 at most.

Crazy thing is the shop I bought my Levo from has one of green bikes left, it was a display model. They have it discounted down to £5700😂😂 the 2024s are cheaper with the current discounts.

blancysteve

Sep 7, 2020
IE
They have a UK version of their website, it’s £4200 on there. I just checked again and the “includes customs and taxes” line is gone. Once you add the UK VAT/import charges it’s not much cheaper than buying it locally, I’d maybe save £2-300 at most.

Crazy thing is the shop I bought my Levo from has one of green bikes left, it was a display model. They have it discounted down to £5700😂😂 the 2024s are cheaper with the current discounts.
The 23/models have AXS electric drivetrain, RS not R brakes, Coil shock and 160mm cranks.

Most models I found at the shops were 22 models with the airshock and standard drivetrain.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
The 23/models have AXS electric drivetrain, RS not R brakes, Coil shock and 160mm cranks.

Most models I found at the shops were 22 models with the airshock and standard drivetrain.
I’d be changing absolutely everything on the bike so the spec doesn’t really matter to me. I’d buy a 22 if I could find one in my size at a decent price, I wouldn’t pay more than the currently on sale 23 models though.

StefanBatros

May 24, 2023
Romania
4200 euros now on IBK
Hi mate!

Did you receive you bike yet? I ordered a s5 Kenevo Expert from them as well and am curious about shipping time.

Also regarding the AXS drivetrain, I am looking to replace the chain to a XX one and possibly the casette for more durability - shame we can't fit the new sram Eagle transmissions to the bike.

The first certain mods will be:
Frame Protection: RideWrap 100%
Motor / Battery Protection: ProtectEMTB
Rear linkage protection: Sicomtb dual guards
Breaks: Magura mt7 + 220 rotors + HC3 levers

Basically following Christurbo 's incredible build:

Thanks,
Stefan

Last edited:

blancysteve

Sep 7, 2020
IE
Hi mate!

Did you receive you bike yet? I ordered a s5 Kenevo Expert from them as well and am curious about shipping time.

Also regarding the AXS drivetrain, I am looking to replace the chain to a XX one and possibly the casette for more durability - shame we can't fit the new sram Eagle transmissions to the bike.

The first certain mods will be:
Frame Protection: RideWrap 100%
Motor / Battery Protection: ProtectEMTB
Rear linkage protection: Sicomtb dual guards
Breaks: Magura mt7 + 220 rotors + HC3 levers

Basically following Christurbo 's incredible build:

Thanks,
Stefan
Not yet. I just received an email citing a delay due to the battery. Did you get the same?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles