Kenevo Gen1 2023 Gen 3 Turbo Kenevo

Kenevo cambo

Sep 7, 2018
Australia
244F6521-C9C9-4932-8DA3-A2050E298EEE.jpeg
Yep here it is. Build spec is pretty good, I’m enjoying mine! 3CDB503E-2D97-43D7-9B22-E1A0FEAA2435.jpeg

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
That is a good spec and price for a comp compared to the original. Decent brakes, transmission and better suspension. Surprised the fox shock is fitted. Maybe they have a stronger steel shaft these days

Apr 11, 2023
Japan
I've thought about getting a Kenevo, but they are not sold in Japan and I don't see them on the Taiwan or Korean Specialized websites. They only have the Kenevo SL, if I remember correctly. Maybe they are going to let the Kenevo die out. I have a Kenevo SL and it's a pretty stable bike, but the 35 Nm motor is no good. I have a Levo, also, and I like the motor, but wish I had the stability of the Kenevo. I've thought about selling both the Levo and Kenevo SL and trying to find a Kenevo. But I think that's going to be hard to do, considering where I live. I was in Taiwan a few months ago, and the Specialized shop owner I talked to told me he could get me one if I wanted one. I might re-evaluate in 2024 and just ride my Levo for the next year.

mtbbiker

Sep 15, 2018
Murrieta
I've thought about getting a Kenevo, but they are not sold in Japan and I don't see them on the Taiwan or Korean Specialized websites. They only have the Kenevo SL, if I remember correctly. Maybe they are going to let the Kenevo die out. I have a Kenevo SL and it's a pretty stable bike, but the 35 Nm motor is no good. I have a Levo, also, and I like the motor, but wish I had the stability of the Kenevo. I've thought about selling both the Levo and Kenevo SL and trying to find a Kenevo. But I think that's going to be hard to do, considering where I live. I was in Taiwan a few months ago, and the Specialized shop owner I talked to told me he could get me one if I wanted one. I might re-evaluate in 2024 and just ride my Levo for the next year.
Do you have a Gen 2 or Gen 3 Levo? My brother has the Gen 3. He’s upgraded just about everything on his Levo. Cascade long travel kit with a custom tuned Avalanche Racing Marzochii shock at 230x72mm (180mm) and Fox 38 at 180mm. With all the adjustability on this frame, it’s very similar to a Kenevo.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
Do you have a Gen 2 or Gen 3 Levo? My brother has the Gen 3. He’s upgraded just about everything on his Levo. Cascade long travel kit with a custom tuned Avalanche Racing Marzochii shock at 230x72mm (180mm) and Fox 38 at 180mm. With all the adjustability on this frame, it’s very similar to a Kenevo.
Please note, putting a 180mm fork on the Levo will void the warranty. They come with 160mm forks, adding 20mm of lever arm to a steerer tube is a risk for frame failure or headset bearing seat distortion….I know of no frame manufacturers that will cover more than 10mm of over forking.

Apr 11, 2023
Japan
I guess it's Gen 3. I bought it new from a Specialized shop in Taipei in April. Maybe I should upgrade, also. Would be cheaper. I'm interested in the Cascade Long Travel Kit. Where did he buy it? I thought about upgrading both front and rear suspension, I'm a heavy guy. So the suspension was the first thing I thought about upgrading on it. Next is maybe shifting and seat post.

ColinL

Sep 7, 2023
North Vancouver
Hello, I purchased what I assume is the 2023 Kenevo "fattie" link here...

in Canada, on the website you can only pruchase the older model

which is reduced from $8499.00 to 7499.00 but when I went into my local dealer, the newer version was available via their portal at the same price. I think the part choices make good sense and am very happy with the purchase. Though I have broken the battery guard after a month.

Suggestions welcome on a new bashguard such as amygos, Protect E-MTB or kelvo rockguard welcome!

Apr 11, 2023
Japan
My lbs is telling me the the turbo Kenevo is done.
I always wondered what it would be like to ride a Kenevo. I have the Kenevo SL, and I like it because it's so stable compared to the Levo. But the motor is only 35 Nm, which I do not like. The regular Kenevo must feel like a real beast.

Ribinrobin

Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
My lbs is telling me the the turbo Kenevo is done. The Kenevo sl will continue but the full fat Kenevo did not sell well enough. No idea is they really know what’s happening.

Well they've only just released a revised version with the coil making a return. It would be cool if specialized really went for a DH style ebike. We got the kenevo sl taking the enduro line now, and the gen 3 levo is super capable. I wonder how well it would sell though? A lot of older chaps seem to choose the kenevo thinking the big travel/forks will get them out of trouble, ive had quite a few friends trade their kenevos for levos.

Canyons torque on with 180+ travel isnt selling well so maybe the market is a bit dry for these big travel eebs?
I think if specialized do revisit the kenevo they need to keep it big travel, 29er, DH forks etc it needs to stand on its own from the levo.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
Well they've only just released a revised version with the coil making a return. It would be cool if specialized really went for a DH style ebike. We got the kenevo sl taking the enduro line now, and the gen 3 levo is super capable. I wonder how well it would sell though? A lot of older chaps seem to choose the kenevo thinking the big travel/forks will get them out of trouble, ive had quite a few friends trade their kenevos for levos.

Canyons torque on with 180+ travel isnt selling well so maybe the market is a bit dry for these big travel eebs?
I think if specialized do revisit the kenevo they need to keep it big travel, 29er, DH forks etc it needs to stand on its own from the levo.
Lol, all my e bike buddies are up forking and long shocking their Levo’s. Guess it comes down to where you ride. I ride in north New Jersey and the trails can best be described rubble riding. No flow trails, just rock fields.

Ribinrobin

Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
Lol, all my e bike buddies are up forking and long shocking their Levo’s. Guess it comes down to where you ride. I ride in north New Jersey and the trails can best be described rubble riding. No flow trails, just rock fields.
True! I ride mostly local which is pretty tame with odd trip to south/north wales, makes more sense for me to keep the levo as ive never felt under biked on it...yet!

guile80386

Jan 23, 2022
PT
Still no UDH…
RIP full fat kenevo
I'd say it's mostly down to the front 27,5" wheel - I don't know anything about bikes except what I read around over the internet and my main hesitation buying the Kenevo was that the 27,5" at the front looked outdated on paper (and paper is all I know except for the bikes I've actually owned). I still went ahead because of the dual crown fork and I'm glad I did so as I can compensate my lack of technique with brute force and the front wheel obeys regardless.

Hopefully they'll stick a 29" front wheel in it and release a new version or call it something else, but by then my 200/200 Pole Sonni should have arrived already :)!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
i'd like so much you could tell us more ... or even show more ! :eek:
Some of us have had agreement with the Moderators for the last 5 months to not reveal anything, it's not really fair on Spesh.

I don't know if @ebikerider was part of that agreement or not and if not I'm guessing they'll contact him at some point.

I'm sure little snippets will be teased though ...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles