Levo Gen 3 2023 Turbo Levo Expert - Looks amazing

RichT

There’s just not enough tension on the clutch and it causes bad chain slap, it’s a combination of not having a cable to help provide tension allowing the derailleur to somewhat pivot and the weak servo for the clutch. I had one of mine replaced under warranty because I thought it was defective, the new one was doing the exact same thing within a week. SRAM has admitted they went with the weaker clutch servo for better battery life.

The new AXS derailleur supposedly fixed the issue, that’s why it has the extra bracing. I chatted with HH’s mechanic about it and he said it’s much better than the current one but couldn’t go into much detail, he did say that hadn’t had any issues with chain slap yet which is positive. I love the look of no cables and definitely want to go back to it if the new stuff is better.

If you’re not riding rough stuff you’ll probably never have issues with it, 90% of my riding is done in super rocky terrain so it was constant for me.
That’s encouraging. And after a lot of rocky desert riding, where the “gravel” was often 5-6” and there were a lot of bigger rocks to constantly avoid, I look for somewhat smoother and more predictable trails. The Tero is a nice multi-purpose bike, but not built or intended for rough riding. Nor am I for that matter…

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
That’s encouraging. And after a lot of rocky desert riding, where the “gravel” was often 5-6” and there were a lot of bigger rocks to constantly avoid, I look for somewhat smoother and more predictable trails. The Tero is a nice multi-purpose bike, but not built or intended for rough riding. Nor am I for that matter…
I think for your riding style/terrain you’d be extremely happy with the current AXS derailleur. The prices should be dropping as the new stuff is coming soon too.

SelfShuttler

Jan 22, 2023
Snowshoe, WV
There’s just not enough tension on the clutch and it causes bad chain slap, it’s a combination of not having a cable to help provide tension allowing the derailleur to somewhat pivot and the weak servo for the clutch. I had one of mine replaced under warranty because I thought it was defective, the new one was doing the exact same thing within a week. SRAM has admitted they went with the weaker clutch servo for better battery life.

The new AXS derailleur supposedly fixed the issue, that’s why it has the extra bracing. I chatted with HH’s mechanic about it and he said it’s much better than the current one but couldn’t go into much detail, he did say that hadn’t had any issues with chain slap yet which is positive. I love the look of no cables and definitely want to go back to it if the new stuff is better.

If you’re not riding rough stuff you’ll probably never have issues with it, 90% of my riding is done in super rocky terrain so it was constant for me.
where is the extra bracing? Trying to make sure I get the updated one when I order. I tried pulling up pics but can't tell

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
where is the extra bracing? Trying to make sure I get the updated one when I order. I tried pulling up pics but can't tell
The new one hasn’t been released yet, there’s a few SRAM sponsored athletes that have been using it though.

timo_

Mar 21, 2021
Germany
New bike day 💥

My custom Expert LTD 2023 in black/taupe 😍

IMG_0140.jpeg
IMG_0143.jpeg
IMG_0144.jpeg

tjl5709

Feb 20, 2023
Michigan
I've had the 23 Levo Expert for a few weeks now here in Australia. As mentioned above, dropper, AXS and Performance Elite rear shock are the only difference from 22 model. It does actually miss out on the fox mudguard which came with my old 22.

I've added the rental bar/stem combo, HS2 rotors, AXS dropper and invisiframe which really helps out the dull colour shine a little. I love it 

How are the HS2 rotors?

Neeko

Jun 8, 2020
Australia
Really good! Bite point is a little earlier as they're a bit thicker. Small performance gain. Adds a bit of weight but she's already chunky 🤷

newbike

Jan 11, 2023
Est
Now available

What is the difference compared to 2022?

jet

Apr 2, 2023
Berlin
The 2023 model comes with a SRAM GX Eagle AXS groupset while the 2022 comes with a SRAM X01 Eagle groupset. 2022 has the higher tier, 2023 is electronic.

What is the better option? Is electronic in lower tier better than non electronic with higher tier?

PS: Never tried electronic, so sorry for the beginner question

timo_

Mar 21, 2021
Germany
The 2023 model comes with a SRAM GX Eagle AXS groupset while the 2022 comes with a SRAM X01 Eagle groupset. 2022 has the higher tier, 2023 is electronic.

What is the better option? Is electronic in lower tier better than non electronic with higher tier?

PS: Never tried electronic, so sorry for the beginner question
GX AXS is better!

Reactions: jet

jet

Apr 2, 2023
Berlin
Thank you! If you could get the Levo Pro (2022 model, not AXS) or a 2023 Levo expert for a similar price? Is the 2023 Expert still the better because of AXS?

jet

Apr 2, 2023
Berlin
just did a bit more research and found a fantastic offer on the 2022 Levo.

What would be better?

A) Levo expert 2022 + Sram transmission upgrade + €200

B) Levo Expert 202: with Eagle GX AXS

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
just did a bit more research and found a fantastic offer on the 2022 Levo.

What would be better?

A) Levo expert 2022 + Sram transmission upgrade + €200

B) Levo Expert 202: with Eagle GX AXS
A. 2022

Reactions: jet

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles