Has your Eeb improved your wheelies?

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
Most definitely. Not sure why, perhaps because my interest in mtb's has been reignited and I spent more time out there. Mid power mode is perfect plus the MT7 at the rear allows one finger control, way better than any previous acoustic.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Yup. Loads. Before I just used to run along saying "bruuum bruum" then lift my outstretched arms slightly above shoulder level, randomly twisting my core slightly left and right to keeps things balanced. With a bike things seem so much more real.

I find manualling a lot easier too. Before the bike, I never seemed to be able to move without using my legs and just ended up looking like a very drunk person trying to dry hump their own shadow.

LexC

Nov 28, 2020
Cape Town
Not really. The motor assist took a bit of getting used to at first and was a lot more tricky in the progressive modes like EMTB.

I do like being able to initiate a wheelie at higher speed though, thanks to the assistance

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Nope.
I can wheelie a normal bike for miles but struggle to wheelie an Eeb anywhere near as far. Partly because of the pedal input not delivering the same forces going into driving the rear wheel. And partly because I wheelie brake less and never learned the fine motor skills of brake dragging.

I can manual an Eeb for ages and just as far as a normal bike tho. I don't use the rear brake for manuals either. Eebs are less twitchy in a manual but harder work to raise the wheel to balance point due to their weight

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Nope.
I can wheelie a normal bike for miles but struggle to wheelie an Eeb anywhere near as far. Partly because of the pedal input not delivering the same forces going into driving the rear wheel. And partly because I wheelie brake less and never learned the fine motor skills of brake dragging.

I can manual an Eeb for ages and just as far as a normal bike tho. I don't use the rear brake for manuals either. Eebs are less twitchy in a manual but harder work to raise the wheel to balance point due to their weight
Do you have any tips on how I can keep the wheels on the floor ?

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
I find 29" wheels a nightmare to wheelie, that and pedal assist means it's a NO from me.

N9VNS

Jun 26, 2020
South Wales
Definitely find it harder on my eeb, but near enough got it dialed now. Just need to practice manuals now.

My bike has the bosch motor and I usually wheelie in emtb mode, what mode does everyone else prefer to use when wheelying?

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
All my other non Ebikes I could wheelie no problem. My EMTB now I can’t get the hang of it, I have times when I think I will try and get it but after ten minutes of trying I give up and just go ride. (y)

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
What’s a wheelie?

8BBA433B-37C7-42B4-B7F5-7C5A012BB7EB.jpeg

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Couldn't mono a motor bike, couldn't mono a push bike, but after a lot of practice can now get about half a dozen pedals in (at best), dragging the back brake on my eeeb in trail mode in 5th gear. Probably looks crap but I'm getting a certain sort of satisfaction out of it and will persevere with it with the hope of more

Soupamoto

Mar 3, 2020
Knoxville, Tennessee
I think if you wheelie on the balance point dragging the rear brake (as I do) the eMTB is harder due to the motor runout; I need power to stop NOW on the balance point and runout is contra to that. Forces me to be much more precise with the power and balance point.

For a person who “power wheelies” not really up to the balance point an eMTB probably helps.

Riding a wheelie in turbo on the balance point can be a death sentence doe to run out!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles