Where has your EMTB taken you?

Chubba

Sep 17, 2019
Cape Town, South Africa
After owning my EMTB for around 2 months now there is no doubt I am riding more and having a lot more fun. I am also less anxious to try things I once would not attempt on my pedal bike. This is from yesterday's ride in Jonkershoek, Cape Town, South Africa. Km's of single track, flow, technical and jumps.

Where has your EMTB taken you?

IMG_7353.JPG

IMG_7346.JPG

Chubba

Sep 17, 2019
Cape Town, South Africa
My Transalp Adventure in August was definitely more enjoyable with the Emtb than if I had been on Clockwork. My eldest son came with me after my original partner cancelled due to a knee injury, he was able to jump in with less training than normally would have been necessary.
That looks incredible. What distance/meters/days?

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
To A and E fell off more times in last two years on Ebike than i have in over thirty years of off road cycling . Definitely doing more technical things i would never have tried before . But its put the fun back in to riding for me without so much grind.

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Everywhere I've needed it to.
And it was a barrel load of fun every time.
My Transalp Adventure in August was definitely more enjoyable with the Emtb than if I had been on Clockwork.
I see you're using an extended battery. What sort of range were you getting(heights too) ?

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany

I see you're using an extended battery. What sort of range were you getting(heights too) ?
What's an extended battery?

My first Trans Alp was just with my 500wH battery and the regular 4A Bosch charger. 1600 m height is not a problem.
I now have a 625 wh battery and for the trans alp I got the 6A fast charger. On one day we did over 3000 m and 80 - 90 km.... though I did run out that day after we got a bit lost.
Basically, train a lot and use your legs and you can easily get over 100 km with 1000 m. Naturally it depends on the conditions / weather. If it is wet and the ground is soft you use heaps more charge than in hard / Dry conditions.

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
What's an extended battery?

My first Trans Alp was just with my 500wH battery and the regular 4A Bosch charger. 1600 m height is not a problem.
I now have a 625 wh battery and for the trans alp I got the 6A fast charger. On one day we did over 3000 m and 80 - 90 km.... though I did run out that day after we got a bit lost.
Basically, train a lot and use your legs and you can easily get over 100 km with 1000 m. Naturally it depends on the conditions / weather. If it is wet and the ground is soft you use heaps more charge than in hard / Dry conditions.
In the 2nd pic you posted, it looks like the big fat down tube is the battery, and sitting on top where the bottle cage normally sits is what I thought was the 2nd battery. As its sitting in the spot 2nd extend range batteries usually sit

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
In the 2nd pic you posted, it looks like the big fat down tube is the battery, and sitting on top where the bottle cage normally sits is what I thought was the 2nd battery. As its sitting in the spot 2nd extend range batteries usually sit
Aaaa, no that is my older 2017 bike with only an external battery. The colour doesn't match as I borrowed a new battery from a friend of mine who had just bought a new e-bike with a compatible battery.

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
eeeb generally allows me to massively increase my riding radius and to discover places normally out of reach (without using the car, of course). In this case: good old Westerwald at 600m elevation, featuring a decent view (at least in better weather conditions) and some nice, muddy single trails. Always great fun, despite the wet and wind!

storm.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles