Hi. Has anyone easily taken their ebike abroad?

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
I am trying to find a way of getting six ebikes to Portugal for a week later on this year.
I know it will be easier to hire but I can only find crap hardtails. My mates have mainly obea's so taking batteries separately is not an option. Air is out of the question and sea transport has various rules on batteries.
Cheers bones.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I am trying to find a way of getting six ebikes to Portugal for a week later on this year.
I know it will be easier to hire but I can only find crap hardtails. My mates have mainly obea's so taking batteries separately is not an option. Air is out of the question and sea transport has various rules on batteries.
Cheers bones.
The batteries will come out of the orbeas (assuming they are Rises?) - its just a bit more of an involved process compared to a bike with a removable battery - ie you have to unbolt the motor to gain access to the battery in order to remove it.

your options are :-

- drive with the bikes
- take batteries out and fly with bikes but without batteries - and see if you can rent or buy batteries in your destination
- the above, but somehow ship the batteries to the destination - but I think thats probably difficult too.

Maybe one or two people could drive in a van with all the bikes, and the rest fly?

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Cheers for the info on the battery removal. The other options of flying with the bikes are available now.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles