Has anyone upgraded their hubs?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
he does, but he most often has some very good answers,, so we tend to tolerate him. ?
This. Gary’s delivery is sometimes challenging but the content of his posts is often useful.

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
May want to check your hub. After my second grease repacking some of the paws were no longer extending enough to catch and I think that’ll prematurely wear it out. Just been dealing with the mad buzz. It does help get riders out of the way when you’re hauling ass.
were you using the same grease and hubs as me?

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
You're on about me having 'no life' but this has been on your mind for 12 hours now. Did you manage to get out last night or was you crying yourself to sleep or somat? Lol

I might join the other two on this post who've blocked your arse ? you seem to make a nice impression around here mate. Probably because you're never off it - go outside smell the flowers and run with the butterflies ? you sausage.

The other three. Add me to the club.

smtkelly

Feb 13, 2020
ldn
I like the sound of Hope hubs but more important is engagement (I dont like the feel of the pedal falling), I spin the cranks while pedalling for quite, slow pedal gives a nice audible warning to walkers and a wizzing stukka diver bomber of terror when you catch up to you mates on a DH run :D

blueglide

Jan 2, 2021
Tucson, AZ USA
Something more relevant to the thread, i am in the process of upgrading my hubs.
I've got DT Swiss H1900 E-MTB specific wheels with 370 hybrid hub (3-pawl).
I recently pre-ordered the new DT Swiss 'Ratchet LN' upgrade kit (specifically, Ratchet LN - Steel Hybrid HG). So basically im converting the hub to a 350. It comes with an ebike specific reinforced ratchet (24t), so my degrees of engagement will be going from 20 to 15.
I've been wanting to do the same thing. Unfortunately those kits aren't available anywhere in the US. I found a site offering pre-order with delivery in May of 2022!!! Have you found a more reasonable supplier??

Last edited:

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Not a fan of Hope hubs personally but I would say it makes up at least 80% of my wheel builds. #HopeClickPerverts ;)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles