Punt Taken!

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
2018_AltitudePowerplay_C50_Profile.jpg

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
Tomorrow! Pretty much sold out for the year. Wanted the 70 with bigger battery and Fox but completely gone. Local shop had a 50 in large in the window and did a good deal.

Took it for a car park spin, very subtle in the lowest setting and the app can adjust the lowest setting al the way down to 0% assistance. Chain noise much less intrusive than the Shimano motor noise.

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
Yes! I would have liked the C70 for the bigger battery but, since the frames are the same the dealer recons I can get a bigger battery and fit it if needed. If I like it I can use the money I saved over the 70 to improve wheelset and even suspension if needed. If I don't it was "only" £5k so hopefully won't lose too much if I decide to sell.

Hyper

May 20, 2018
New Zealand
Not a punt at all! I'm extremely jealous. IMHO Rocky Mountain make the best bikes ever and I understand their ebikes have very innovative way of design which is world leading.
I've had a couple of non-ebikes frome RM over the years and without doubt the best bikes I've ever had.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Very nice, I would like to ride a rocky e bike, I tried one of their trail bike and it was brilliant

Lazy Biker 84

Jun 15, 2018
Shropshire
That's one good looking bike! I feel youre dramatizing the thread somewhat using the term 'Punt' more like a bloody good purchase! You'll still get plenty of pleasure on the 50 for sure! ;)

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
Thanks, the term punt was around the fact that I was not able to test ride and the fact that the motor is a bit of an unknown. Having been out I can say I have no concerns over the first point anymore but have had a couple of motor issues. Hopefully just teething problems because I would not want to have to give this one back!

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
New 2019 models are on the RM site but no major changes to the tech. They are using an improved/different remote but no motor changes as far as I can tell. Lot of bike for £4500, I am very happy with mine. If you are looking for an e-bike that feels like a regular bike it is well worth a look.
IMG_1016.jpg

Stuckmojo

May 21, 2018
Newcastle, UK
Fantastic bike. I really like the design of the motor and separate drive sprocket. One of these might be my next bike, also reading about easiness of maintenance on motor etc.

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
Have they had anymore issues with motors I heard they were cutting out on a you tube review?

Mine was faulty out of the box but was a display model so may well have been an early motor, it worked but would cut out randomly during a ride. turning on and off fixed it each time. Motor was swapped within 2 days and is now fine.

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
Only downside for me is charging it ...as Am sure the battery has to be connected to the bike to charge? Which would be an inconvenience for me

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
Yes it does need to be on the bike. All my bikes live indoors so not an issue for me ;)

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
Yes it does need to be on the bike. All my bikes live indoors so not an issue for me ;)
Really like the bike but that battery situation ruined it for me ... what mileage do you get out of the battery and have you ever considered removing the limiter for "test" purposes of course ?

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
I have the "low end model" with the 500wh battery. I get similar miles to my Scott which is Shimano based. Have no interest/desire to deristrict. Can it even be done on the powerplay motor?

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
I have the "low end model" with the 500wh battery. I get similar miles to my Scott which is Shimano based. Have no interest/desire to deristrict. Can it even be done on the powerplay motor?

Yes there is a tuning device called mtt which also acts as a Speedo. Battery usage etc
But also can change the settings I've not really looked into it I was just curious..the device mentioned is expensive though

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles