Haibike LYKE - Show and tell!

eebit

Patreon
Subscriber
Sep 27, 2018
Germany
FInally managed to get a LYKE and maaan I absolutely love it! Changed the grips to deathgrips and put my favourite tires on. So capable this thing. ANybody else got one? What do you think? What have changed?

IMG_0595.JPG
IMG_0592.JPG

deksawyer

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jan 11, 2020
Fife, Scotland
It arrived today and waiting on the Ride Wrap kit to arrive before riding it.

As I mentioned elsewhere, it's showing around 19kg on shitty scales, which is reasonable, but it doesn't feel that much lighter than my SDURO 7.0, bit it's probably 6 or 7kg lighter. Build quality is excellent but the saddle looks like a scalpel. 🙄

Upgraded the firmware and played about with motor profiles. Also set up the front sag, but I need my bigger pump for the shock as the one I had handy is hard to pump near 200psi. All seems to work well, but my first rideout will tell.

The rear Dissector looks to be fitted backwards as well....

IMG20230802154535.jpg

deksawyer

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jan 11, 2020
Fife, Scotland
Did an 18 mile stint on it the other day, and it felt great, almost just as I'd expected... Light, flickable and enough power when needed. Used 2 dots of power but we only did 1050ft of climbing and was in breeze mode most of the time.
I managed to manhandle it up some steep steps on one of our coastal paths, something I couldn't do on the old SDURO 7.0.
Walk assist didn't work, although I'm sure it did before I put the latest firmware on it.
Also no way yet to change units to MPH in the App, as we use here in the UK.

One ride down, but so far soo good.

IMG20230807154108~2.jpg

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
I machined an aliminium one on my cnc machine the plastic one drove me nuts , i reckon they would actually sell loads of those bikes if the first thing you didnt find was a speed controlmmade from kinder suprise parts, maybe they improved them but mine was dire
Oooh, Cnc, nice, mines coming next week with the old type fitted so I’ll have to see how it goes. The dealer has no idea about the updated version and doesn’t seem to believe me when I explain it, so I’ll just have to source one myself, not from Kinder obviously 😂

mmcengineer

Jan 3, 2022
Sheffield
Oooh, Cnc, nice, mines coming next week with the old type fitted so I’ll have to see how it goes. The dealer has no idea about the updated version and doesn’t seem to believe me when I explain it, so I’ll just have to source one myself, not from Kinder obviously 😂
Enjoy the bike i went from a fuel exe and enjoy (like) the lyke more

deksawyer

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jan 11, 2020
Fife, Scotland
It's a great bike for sure! One thing about the controller, if you fall off or pick the bike up over obstacles etc, there's a high chance of you moving the support level in doing so.

Ride Wrap sell a kit to protect the CF frame somewhat - it makes cleaning mud off a lot easier as well.

IMG20231023150120.jpg

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
Also, plan on buying a new saddle or taking one of another bike - the std one is a plank!
Yup defo. can't say I was impressed with the saddle on the test ride. most of my rides are 4hrs plus so there's no way that thing is staying on there. Ive got an Ergon sitting around the will do the job in the short term, might have a go a one of the 3D printed ones when I have a few shekels spare. Bike will be in bits as soon as I get it home to fit the wrap, bars, pedals, and swap over axe dropper and shifter/mech from my trance, really don't like cables, so it'll be interesting to see how the cable headset thingy works out.:unsure:

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
It's a great bike for sure! One thing about the controller, if you fall off or pick the bike up over obstacles etc, there's a high chance of you moving the support level in doing so.

Ride Wrap sell a kit to protect the CF frame somewhat - it makes cleaning mud off a lot easier as well.

View attachment 127736
what is that on your water bottle mount ?

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
@Rubinstein how's that SRAM AXS working out?
All set up and ready for test. Just waiting for the pod to turn up for the dropper before we can have a shake down. I also run the axs Gx on my trance with shimano, been really happy with it. Gonna have a weigh in tomorrow, hope to be around the 18kg mark, fingers crossed 🤞

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
So had the weigh in today and not bad at 18.1 (no pedals) on the old suitcase scales. it is minus the shifter pod for the dropper so can add 40g I recon. Shame it didn’t dip into the 17s, should have done it before I put the wrap on 😩. Anyhoo happy with that, it’s 7kg lighter than my FF and boy can I feel it moving it around. Gonna ride it on stock motor settings first before I start dipping into that, should be good to go after the weekend 👍

IMG_5563.jpeg IMG_5562.jpeg

fcela

Dec 4, 2023
Slovakia
Hi there,

I have bought my first carbon bike (Lyke CF 11) and just want to be sure everything is as it should be.
Please could you check the frame on photos and reply if it is perfectly ok?
Should carbon frame look like this? It seems only grey part of the bike is affected.
I have bought CF 10 for my wife as well and there are no such “paint” issues anywhere
(although the color of cf 10 is different of course).

The surface seems to be ok, there are no scratches, it seems just to be paint or structural inhomogeneity.
You can see even rectangular areas or strict lines with different color/paint. I have marked them with color:
20231203_164003_.jpg
20231203_164044.jpg
20231203_164213.jpg

20231203_164014.jpg

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
Hi there,

I have bought my first carbon bike (Lyke CF 11) and just want to be sure everything is as it should be.
Please could you check the frame on photos and reply if it is perfectly ok?
Should carbon frame look like this? It seems only grey part of the bike is affected.
I have bought CF 10 for my wife as well and there are no such “paint” issues anywhere
(although the color of cf 10 is different of course).

The surface seems to be ok, there are no scratches, it seems just to be paint or structural inhomogeneity.
You can see even rectangular areas or strict lines with different color/paint. I have marked them with color: View attachment 130217 View attachment 130215 View attachment 130216

View attachment 130214
Hi, attached are some pics of my cf11. Just for your comparison showing the lay up of the carbon.

IMG_0012.jpeg IMG_0013.jpeg

fcela

Dec 4, 2023
Slovakia
So had the weigh in today and not bad at 18.1 (no pedals) on the old suitcase scales. it is minus the shifter pod for the dropper so can add 40g I recon. Shame it didn’t dip into the 17s, should have done it before I put the wrap on 😩. Anyhoo happy with that, it’s 7kg lighter than my FF and boy can I feel it moving it around. Gonna ride it on stock motor settings first before I start dipping into that, should be good to go after the weekend 👍

View attachment 129243 View attachment 129244
May I ask you for wrap and mudguards recommendation (especially back one). What other accesories would you recommend as well? Thanks.

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
May I ask you for wrap and mudguards recommendation (especially back one). What other accesories would you recommend as well? Thanks.
I’m using sks mudrocker on the rear and a mudhugger on the front, Ride wrap full kit. Would recommend oneup carbon E bars and oneup 100cc pump with edc tool if you like to ride with a pump. Fits with the inline bracket nicely on the top down tube, but you do have to lower the water bottle cage if you want to run an 800 bottle

IMG_0017.png IMG_0018.png IMG_0019.jpeg

fcela

Dec 4, 2023
Slovakia
I’m using sks mudrocker on the rear and a mudhugger on the front, Ride wrap full kit. Would recommend oneup carbon E bars and oneup 100cc pump with edc tool if you like to ride with a pump. Fits with the inline bracket nicely on the top down tube, but you do have to lower the water bottle cage if you want to run an 800 bottle

View attachment 130244 View attachment 130245 View attachment 130246
Did you mean this mudhugger? Mudhugger EVO Bolt-On (LONG) default fitting for FOX (OPTIONS FOR ZEB, RECON, DVO AND OHLINS SEE BELOW)
Is it mounted only on top? I can't see any zip-ties on forks. Thanks.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles