Haibike allmtn 7

rallyfan1986

Jan 25, 2021
Aberdeenshire
Had the most amazing day at Cannock Yesterday testing the new Allmtn 7, was really please that I only used 2 battery bar [20%] for the whole trail. Took it easy to get used to the bike and mainly alternated between eco and standard modes. The automatic mode works well but I prefer having the control at my fingertips. XT brakes faultless and so was the XT gear change. Suspension took a while to bed in - tinkered around with the settings to make it more subtle on the mid stroke but by the end of the follow-the-dog and come to life.

View attachment 42906
Hi mate, which rear mud guard are you using?

constantinos156

Jan 27, 2021
Greece
Hi everyone,
I have also ordered an Allmtn 7 and wanted to ask if anyone has any well fitting frame protection kit to recommend. After writing to invisiframe (UK), ride wrap(CA) and chameleon skin(IT), none of the 3 are having tailored/specific kits for our bike and are suggesting their generic kits. Is there any other shop to check?

JC1982

Feb 6, 2021
South Wales
Hi everyone,
I have also ordered an Allmtn 7 and wanted to ask if anyone has any well fitting frame protection kit to recommend. After writing to invisiframe (UK), ride wrap(CA) and chameleon skin(IT), none of the 3 are having tailored/specific kits for our bike and are suggesting their generic kits. Is there any other shop to check?

Hi mate, I used essential wraps in the Forest of Dean, £170 fitted clear self healing wrap. Thats the frame and the forks. I ahad a custom top tube design done at the same time. Great service from a straight up, rider.

roccobarocco

Feb 26, 2020
Germany
Hi Folks, my Brother in law is looking for an Allmnt 6. We are wondering if there is any posibiltiy to connect a Garmin (ANT or Bluetooth) to get Information like Cadence, Watts, etc?

Cheers Greg

RichardHawes

Oct 11, 2020
Southampton uk
Hi Folks, my Brother in law is looking for an Allmnt 6. We are wondering if there is any posibiltiy to connect a Garmin (ANT or Bluetooth) to get Information like Cadence, Watts, etc?

Cheers Greg
You will need a speed and cadence sensor fitted to the bike that links to the garmin. Not aware of anything which links direct to the motor.

roccobarocco

Feb 26, 2020
Germany
This is a bummer, didn't know that Yamaha is so poor in connectivity, Giant seems to work with ANT, he is not keen to fit additional sensors since the motor has all of the sensors inside already.

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
This is a bummer, didn't know that Yamaha is so poor in connectivity, Giant seems to work with ANT, he is not keen to fit additional sensors since the motor has all of the sensors inside already.
True, but when you read all the issues that Giant owners have with the app and firmware updates, I'm happy to stick to the Haibike implementation.

constantinos156

Jan 27, 2021
Greece
Hi mate, I used essential wraps in the Forest of Dean, £170 fitted clear self healing wrap. Thats the frame and the forks. I ahad a custom top tube design done at the same time. Great service from a straight up, rider.
Thank you very much. Unfortunately I don't live in the UK. I have sent them an email however asking if they can send a wrap kit to install it my self and if they have the template from yours saved. What size was your frame?
If that is your bike on their website, it looks really nice. What grips and pedals are these?

JC1982

Feb 6, 2021
South Wales
Thank you very much. Unfortunately I don't live in the UK. I have sent them an email however asking if they can send a wrap kit to install it my self and if they have the template from yours saved. What size was your frame?
If that is your bike on their website, it looks really nice. What grips and pedals are these?

Hi mate

My bike is the all black one on the site, they did do a cream and blue one as well.

The grips are DMR death grips and the Pedals are DMR V12s.

IMG_20210110_092727.jpg

Muttley

Sep 4, 2020
Sussex
Anyone confirm if the rims on AllMtn7 are tubeless ready? I assume they are but Haibike website just states: RIM Syntace, V30i, with eyelets, hollow rim, Aluminium

JC1982

Feb 6, 2021
South Wales
The front and rear inner width are different on the back to the front. The back is wider than the front. If I remember it's written on the rim by spokes.

I used what I had in the house so I used 50mm Gorilla tape ripped to size on the back. Gorilla tap always rips prefectly straight. The front then I used tubeless tape.

Muttley

Sep 4, 2020
Sussex
tha
The front and rear inner width are different on the back to the front. The back is wider than the front. If I remember it's written on the rim by spokes.

I used what I had in the house so I used 50mm Gorilla tape ripped to size on the back. Gorilla tap always rips prefectly straight. The front then I used tubeless tape.
many thanks, front is 30mm rear is 35mm so ordered 35mm Mucoff tape, got an Airshot on order so fingers crossed it seals OK!

JC1982

Feb 6, 2021
South Wales
No worries, I couldnt check as the bike is in the shop. If your using the original tyres or generally maxxis you wont need the air shot.

I have always done them with just a track pump.

Schwalbe however, that's a different ball game lol.

Last edited:

Muttley

Sep 4, 2020
Sussex
Doh, lost my battery cover today. Usually have a velcro strap but forgot it today, going to do ride again tomorrow and hope I can see it!

saione

Oct 19, 2020
Lerici
The Yamaha Display C is a straight swap (using the mounting kit) and shows cadence, and I think it can connect to a fitness app

Hi. What about the mounting instruction of display C? In particolar for cable routing and connectors. Is it easy to swap?
Thanks in advance.

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Hi. What about the mounting instruction of display C? In particolar for cable routing and connectors. Is it easy to swap?
Thanks in advance.
Sorry, just seen your post...
Yes it's a straight swap with the Type A display. The mounting kit only needs common sense and an allen key, while the wire from the display to the handlebar controller is integrated into both and on my bike needed wrapping around the bars to take up the surplus length, (I then taped over it to make it safe from snagging on things). The lead into the loom is a simple unplug the old - plug in the new and away you go. Setting up the display is via an simple scrolling menu and I've set mine up to show cadence and range as the extra infos.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles