If trading from a Haibike Flyon Allmtn 5 to Haibike Allmtn 7

Scarecrow

Apr 18, 2020
Huddersfield
So Im thinking of selling my Flyon allmtn 5 and getting something like the allmtn 7 primerily to get more range as when im out riding I find im laging behined due to staying in low mode in order to save battery, does anyone know if I would be disappointed by anything, has anyone else changed their flyon, what changes did you notice between the two bikes?

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Perhaps you might be disappointed about the amount of money you are going to be out overall....As much hype as the Flyon got it sure seems like it should better meet your needs. One thing for sure the 7 is a lighter bike which would be quite noticeable. Best of luck with your decision.

Jay355

Apr 10, 2020
East Anglia
So Im thinking of selling my Flyon allmtn 5 and getting something like the allmtn 7 primerily to get more range as when im out riding I find im laging behined due to staying in low mode in order to save battery, does anyone know if I would be disappointed by anything, has anyone else changed their flyon, what changes did you notice between the two bikes?
Hi. I got a 5.0 for the misses, we found compared to my 3.5 the range was clearly in favour of the Bosch, even more so after the update. Flyon has been sold and a cube, sticking with the Bosch motor, is on pre-order.

I did consider the allmtn 7 too but the numbers didn’t favour the Yamaha motor so I’d be interested to know how you get on, if you do push the button.

MWO

Jul 15, 2020
Poland
Hi. I already did it. Today I will pick up my Allmnt 7.0 Yamaha motor equipped :D. I has Allmnt 5.0 Flyon. Yes- weight is lower. I noticed it immediately after I’ve rise the bike up.
Ah, yes....battery range...well.... when was in the shop the digital counter showed to me...187km :D on Eco mode. Crazy, isn’t?

MWO

Jul 15, 2020
Poland
Today I made a short 7km trip with new Allmnt 7.0 2021. There is everything different comparing to Flyon .
Yamaha is absolutely silent. It is even hard to hear the engine if bike works with “standard”or ‘eco” support mode.
Automatic POWER SUPPORT is really nice. It is really aggressive. Does not let you bi sweated. It just adjust support fast and effortless. It was first 7km but I choose some small hill and flat route. Absolutely no need to ”click” for support changing. Auto mode is really great.
Weight- yes. This is a big differenCię. Especially if you load the bike into a car. First impression positive.

Shockabilly

Oct 6, 2020
Orbiting
I've no experience of earlier Haibike's or Flyon but have now had my AllMTN7 2021 for 3 weeks; the bike replaced a 2018 Focus 9.7plus Di2 Carbon...my thoughts so far:

1. The Shimano engine was really noisy whereas the Yamaha system is almost silent
  2. Everything on the bike seems to be top notch build quality
  3. The mullet 29/27 is not just a gimmick...it rolls over gnarly bits self assured
  4. The battery life is enough for long day rides without even resorting to ECO mode
  5. The Fox shock & fork's are a really good match, although I'm a big fan of Fox
  6. The controller comes in for criticism from others but its not such a big deal...its ok
  7. Once tweaked from the factory setup its very comfy & is a nice place to be (all day)
  8. The removable battery is a big plus for storing, charging & manual lifting of the bike
  9. Overall Haibike have produced a fantastic piece of kit at an incredibly competitive price
  10. I would have no hesitation in recommending this bike to anyone
So would I swap it back for a Focus? Not on your life!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles