Haibike Flyon Allmtn 5.0 first rides

daddyo

Sep 15, 2019
Brno, Czech Republic
Last week I received a 2020 Haibike Flyon Allmtn 5.0. I got an excellent price ( nearly 35% discount on the new price) which is nearly a miracle in these times where new ebike prices rise to astronomical levels. I changed the dropper post to a 125mm version ( S frame has only 100mm) a installed better higher rise handlebars. Yesterday I took it out for a first proper ride. The motor power is awesome. The range I got on the first ride was terrible. Climbing only 650 m, using mostly low and a little bit of medium/high the battery percentage was literally dissapearing by the second. I managed a measly 36 km and the last 10% was only in eco as the bike went into savings mode. My wife riding her Focus Sam2 with a 378Wh battery and Shimano E8000 motor still had over 20% battery left after the trip! I am suspecting the battery may be faulty and will contact the dealer after Easter.I didnt expect brilliant range on such a strong motor but I would expect something over 50km should be possible with the 630Wh battery. Other impressions - motor is very loud at certain speed/cadence/gear then suddenly the noise goes right down. It almost feels that at certain speed/assistance level there is this extra brushing noise. Pedals started creaking after few kms, annoying. The bike is great at steep climbs and rock solid descending at great speed. Apart from the loud motor and creaking pedals the bike is very quiet, no rattling, no noises. Can't connect the bike to bluetooth at all and the while the display is great and informative it is something I can live without. Rear bike lights I installed are excellent, should be the norm with all ebikes. MRS system is also a very practical system. Looking forward to more rides but I suspect the range will not improve greatly.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles