Used buying advice - Haibike Flyon 5.0. What to look out for?

Trailhead

Jun 29, 2020
Telford
Firstly hello everyone, I’m a first time poster here!

I am considering buying a used Haibike Flyon XDuro AllMtn 5.0 and wondered if there is anything I particular I should be looking out for?

Are these bikes too high tech to consider as a used buy?

In particular, I’m a bit concerned about the eConnect security system and making sure it can be transferred to me. Is all I need the eConnect card?

I wouldn’t really want the previous owner to be able to track the bike etc.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

All the best,
James

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
How much warranty does it have left? That's the main thing with emtb. Or factor in the cost of a new motor which can be any time this side of 5000km.

arawa

Jun 17, 2019
Highlands
Firstly hello everyone, I’m a first time poster here!

I am considering buying a used Haibike Flyon XDuro AllMtn 5.0 and wondered if there is anything I particular I should be looking out for?

Are these bikes too high tech to consider as a used buy?

In particular, I’m a bit concerned about the eConnect security system and making sure it can be transferred to me. Is all I need the eConnect card?

I wouldn’t really want the previous owner to be able to track the bike etc.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

All the best,
James
I have not heard of any Flyon motors actually failing (although that’s not to say they have not) and in my case the problems were a loose wire on the control panel and a warped rear brake disk distorting the speed sensor. Both relatively cheap to fix once the issue was identified.
I am no expert on carbon frames but that is what I would check carefully.
Just looked for my manual and could not find it but I think the eConnect can be transferred. It is not just possible to track the bike - but also to disable it!

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Wow. Is that how long they last - only 5000km?
it seems to be a general upper limit for the motors for emtb that are used for mountain biking (not commuting etc). I think I've heard of one (emtb) that had more; most seem to last a lot less. That is emtb in general.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles