Haibike LYKE - Show and tell!

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
I meant I can't see zip-ties on forks at picture you posted. Thanks once more.
You can see the zip-ties on this picture on the linked Mudhugger website.

Screenshot_20231207_150316_Chrome.jpg

fcela

Dec 4, 2023
Slovakia
Are there any recommendations regarding the torque for fazua motor screws mounted to carbon frame? The torque label is missing on these ones. There is torque on every screw all over bike except those 6 ones.

Auldain

Feb 20, 2022
Scotland
Are there any recommendations regarding the torque for fazua motor screws mounted to carbon frame? The torque label is missing on these ones. There is torque on every screw all over bike except those 6 ones.
I’d appreciate those figures too.

Auldain

Feb 20, 2022
Scotland
Does anyone know what the make and model number of the headset. Mine arrived without the left side cable grommet meaning the cables and the controller wire feed into a gapping hole (see photo). Perfect for lots of water getting into the headset and causing mayhem with the h/set bearings. Looks like it was missed by Haibike’s quality checks during manufacture!! Though how this was possible when the rear brake hose, the dropper post cable , and the Ring Controller wire should have been fed through the grommet is difficult to understand.
Blatantly poor quality control has to raise questions in my mind about the general assembly of parts of the bike which are hidden from sight!!!
So I will need to try and source either a complete top headset or the grommet only, if it’s available.

IMG_5202.jpeg

Auldain

Feb 20, 2022
Scotland
Oooh, Cnc, nice, mines coming next week with the old type fitted so I’ll have to see how it goes. The dealer has no idea about the updated version and doesn’t seem to believe me when I explain it, so I’ll just have to source one myself, not from Kinder obviously 😂
What is the updated version ? Do you have a picture and a part number?

eebit

Patreon
Subscriber
Sep 27, 2018
Germany
Does anyone know what the make and model number of the headset. Mine arrived without the left side cable grommet meaning the cables and the controller wire feed into a gapping hole (see photo). Perfect for lots of water getting into the headset and causing mayhem with the h/set bearings. Looks like it was missed by Haibike’s quality checks during manufacture!! Though how this was possible when the rear brake hose, the dropper post cable , and the Ring Controller wire should have been fed through the grommet is difficult to understand.
Blatantly poor quality control has to raise questions in my mind about the general assembly of parts of the bike which are hidden from sight!!!
So I will need to try and source either a complete top headset or the grommet only, if it’s available.

View attachment 135564
That’s a bit strange. Mine has it. The dealer where you bought it should be able to get that sorted for you. Did you ask them?
IMG_4995.jpeg

Auldain

Feb 20, 2022
Scotland
That’s a bit strange. Mine has it. The dealer where you bought it should be able to get that sorted for you. Did you ask them? View attachment 135569
My issue is with the left hand side. The right side, as in your photo with one cable in a grommet, is just like yours. My left side has no grommet at all just 3 cables going into a slot where the grommet should be (see pic). How this passed Haibikes assembly checks beats me. I’ve contacted the dealer I bought it from and they are to contact Haibike (in the UK that’s Raleigh !). However, I thought I’d get ahead of the curve and contacted Raleigh direct to ask for the headset make and part number. And guess what? They don’t know. So how the dealer is going to secure a replacement grommet (or even a full upper headset assembly from Haibike beats me. £6000 of bike which I’m unable to ride without risking serious damage to the headset through something of Haibikes making through lack of attention to detail. Does make me seriously wonder how make other quality control slips ups are hidden out of sight.

IMG_5202.jpeg

eebit

Patreon
Subscriber
Sep 27, 2018
Germany
Hi there,

I have bought my first carbon bike (Lyke CF 11) and just want to be sure everything is as it should be.
Please could you check the frame on photos and reply if it is perfectly ok?
Should carbon frame look like this? It seems only grey part of the bike is affected.
I have bought CF 10 for my wife as well and there are no such “paint” issues anywhere
(although the color of cf 10 is different of course).

The surface seems to be ok, there are no scratches, it seems just to be paint or structural inhomogeneity.
You can see even rectangular areas or strict lines with different color/paint. I have marked them with color: View attachment 130217 View attachment 130215 View attachment 130216

View attachment 130214
Thats just UD carbon, it's meant to look like that. Same on all high end bikes. It shows you how they lay up the carbon in manufacturing. Painted Carbon bikes allow manufacturers to hide the Carbon sheet layup menaing they can often do it messier and cheaper, so UD like yours is reserved for high end models.

eebit

Patreon
Subscriber
Sep 27, 2018
Germany
My issue is with the left hand side. The right side, as in your photo with one cable in a grommet, is just like yours. My left side has no grommet at all just 3 cables going into a slot where the grommet should be (see pic). How this passed Haibikes assembly checks beats me. I’ve contacted the dealer I bought it from and they are to contact Haibike (in the UK that’s Raleigh !). However, I thought I’d get ahead of the curve and contacted Raleigh direct to ask for the headset make and part number. And guess what? They don’t know. So how the dealer is going to secure a replacement grommet (or even a full upper headset assembly from Haibike beats me. £6000 of bike which I’m unable to ride without risking serious damage to the headset through something of Haibikes making through lack of attention to detail. Does make me seriously wonder how make other quality control slips ups are hidden out of sight.

View attachment 135572

eebit

Patreon
Subscriber
Sep 27, 2018
Germany
Yea, thats pretty bad that it's missing it, but it's the dealer who does the final assembly, including putting on the stem and bars, not Haibike. Ultimately, the dealer should check and not give it to you without it, thats usually one of the main advantages of buying from a dealer rather than online. I have it on mine.

IMG_4997.jpeg

Auldain

Feb 20, 2022
Scotland
Yea, thats pretty bad that it's missing it, but it's the dealer who does the final assembly, including putting on the stem and bars, not Haibike. Ultimately, the dealer should check and not give it to you without it, thats usually one of the main advantages of buying from a dealer rather than online. I have it on mine.

View attachment 135575
Agree the dealer who sold it to me should have checked this part was present. But having worked as a mechanic in the bike industry I have never seen a new bike arrive from the manufacturer which has required the headset be installed. They come preassembled only requiring wheels, bars, and saddle/sear pin to be fitted. For that reason, and particularly given hydro brakes and the Fazua Controller passing through the headset, these would have been done at the factory, and therefore in my case was done incorrectly..

View attachment 135575
Agree the dealer who sold it to me should have checked this part was present. But having worked as a mechanic in the bike industry I have never seen a new bike arrive from the manufacturer which has required the headset be installed. They come preassembled only requiring wheels, bars, and saddle/sear pin to be fitted. For that reason, and particularly given hydro brakes and the Fazua Controller have to pass through the headset and the grommet which mine don’t, I can only conclude the failure to do it properly is solely down to the Haibike factory.
I’m intrigued to see that on both your left and right hand side of your bikes headset have only one cable/hose passing through (presumably dropper and rear brake), but where is the Controller wire ?

Al-ec

Subscriber
Mar 4, 2024
West Wales
Couple of weeks into riding my shiny new Lyke 11 and loving it / the learning curve of riding an eMTB.
Was surprised by how little mud clearance there is with the rear 2.4 Dissector tyres and as we are deep into UK winter filth season in Wales, how the mud shelf fed grinding paste into the pivot / chain. Mudhugger + modded (front) Proguard works a treat and keeps everything running well even in the worst of it. Less elegant solution than the SKS shown above but have always liked how rock solid the Mudhuggers are even on pinball rocky descents.
As a first eMTB and coming from a very engaging Cotic FS I am really impressed how well this rides and handles. Reach on the large feels perfect but at just under 5'11" there's not loads of leeway with the dropper post.
Overall fantastic lively bike.

IMG_3358.jpeg

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
Hi all, anyone used walk assist much ?
Ran out of talent on some steep stuff recently and mine seems to be a bit hit and miss weather it wants to work or not. 🤔

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
Unlike my previous Bosch, assist has to be off (white lights) in order for assist to work. Took me a while to figure that out...
Yup, had me going for a while until I found it in the manual 🥴. My other bike (Yamaha motor) was power on. Even with the assist at 25kg it was still hard work. Had the lyke for 4-5 months now and I really can’t fault it, knocks out some very expensive competition in my opinion, big fan 👍

Auldain

Feb 20, 2022
Scotland
I’m using sks mudrocker on the rear and a mudhugger on the front, Ride wrap full kit. Would recommend oneup carbon E bars and oneup 100cc pump with edc tool if you like to ride with a pump. Fits with the inline bracket nicely on the top down tube, but you do have to lower the water bottle cage if you want to run an 800 bottle

View attachment 130244 View attachment 130245 View attachment 130246

I’m using sks mudrocker on the rear and a mudhugger on the front, Ride wrap full kit. Would recommend oneup carbon E bars and oneup 100cc pump with edc tool if you like to ride with a pump. Fits with the inline bracket nicely on the top down tube, but you do have to lower the water bottle cage if you want to run an 800 bottle

View attachment 130244 View attachment 130245 View attachment 130246
Does your SKS leading edge scrape on the back of the seat tube when the suspension moves ?

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
Does your SKS leading edge scrape on the back of the seat tube when the suspension moves ?
No, it rests on the stock flap. But I did trim it so it doesn’t foul the seat stay. Also the bike has ride wrap, bit anal I know but I work hard to buy this stuff so like to look after it best I can.

Al-ec

Subscriber
Mar 4, 2024
West Wales
Yup, had me going for a while until I found it in the manual 🥴. My other bike (Yamaha motor) was power on. Even with the assist at 25kg it was still hard work. Had the lyke for 4-5 months now and I really can’t fault it, knocks out some very expensive competition in my opinion, big fan 👍
Thanks, this works. Who knew that reading instruction manuals could be so informative?
Likewise, it is proving to be a great bike.

deksawyer

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jan 11, 2020
Fife, Scotland
Big up the Lyke. 👍
Yes, I love this bike.

Only changed saddle (a must) and 35mm Cannondale carbon bars and a PRO Koryak E stem. I did have a nice DMR Defy stem but it didn't play well with the stem mounted computer, in my case a Sigma Rox 11.1 Evo, which works well with the Lyke BTW.

Brendog Deathgrips large/soft as well, so much better that stock.

Range, power and flickability are outstanding. It won't replace a Bosch motor for outright power that's for sure, but it still works for an out of shape 55 year old.

IMG20240305133157~3.jpg

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
Yes, I love this bike.

Only changed saddle (a must) and 35mm Cannondale carbon bars and a PRO Koryak E stem. I did have a nice DMR Defy stem but it didn't play well with the stem mounted computer, in my case a Sigma Rox 11.1 Evo, which works well with the Lyke BTW.

Brendog Deathgrips large/soft as well, so much better that stock.

Range, power and flickability are outstanding. It won't replace a Bosch motor for outright power that's for sure, but it still works for an out of shape 55 year old.

View attachment 137242
Bang on, I watched the embn vid and saw it 👍. One thing I was considering changing was to drop the cranks down to 165mm, anyone done that??
I run the shock open with a fair amount of sag which doesn’t help but I get quite a few pedal strikes on the rough stuff, or maybe I should just loose a few lbs 😝

Al-ec

Subscriber
Mar 4, 2024
West Wales
Not tried shorter cranks, but I''m used to running quite a low BB on previous bikes and probably have the rear suspension on the Lyke slightly firmer than you describe, which seems to help with the "pop" everyone is mad for these days.
How does the Sigma Rox work for navigation in the real world?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles