Drink Riding

Bearing Man

Ebike Motor Centre
Patreon
Sep 29, 2018
UK
Don't forget if you're riding with a dongle or de-restrictor of some sort in the UK, you are now classed as riding a moped and will be done for drink driving, no insurance, tax, mot, number plate etc.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Don't forget if you're riding with a dongle or de-restrictor of some sort in the UK, you are now classed as riding a moped and will be done for drink driving, no insurance, tax, mot, number plate etc.
A few go about my town on them police just don't seem to bother. One woman has been using one for two years at least .

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Police don't seem to bother about much at all these days 🙄
Drug dealers get suspended sentences where I live even if we're talking tens of thousands of pounds worth of drugs , as do shop lifters, then they get arrested again, go back to court on some other offense and guess what happens... still no prison time, so whats the point in suspended sentences then?

Prisons too full in the UK, so unless it's a crime involving the government missing out on taxes then they probably aren't bothered.
just tell the judge some sob story, they believe anything these days it seems, (anecdotal evidence from reading my local newspaper)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles