Drink Bottle Mount Alternatives

Jan 18, 2018
Australia
Hi all.
I'be got a Merida e-OneSixty and unfortunately it does not come with a drink bottle holder.

I often use a hydration pack, but sometimes you don't want to carry a pack for short rides.

Wondering what you all have come up with to carry a brink bottle.

Cheers
Dr.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Picked up this from decathlon, seems like a well executed piece of kit compared to others i have seen,
IMG_0875.jpg
IMG_0874.jpg
going to try it on the Vitus over the weekend :

15 - Cycling - Bottle Cage Mount - Black

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
i looked at a couple of options, but i went for the BTWIN as the mounting holes are very tight to the straps, i.e it sits the cage close to the tube, whereas a lot of the other options have the cage quite far off the tube it is mounted too

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
It come with bolts about 2/3 the length of normal ones to avoid that, i have played about with it and you would defitiley harm the frame if you used the bolts that come with most cages - going to put a bit of silicon tape under the top tube anyway just in case

njn

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2018
USA
I also use a Backcountry Research Mutherload Strap.

Careful with seat mounted bags and bottles with droppers. They will hit the tire.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Actually i don't think it will fly off, simply because unfrotunately the battery wedges it in! It works but the top of the bottle just touches
IMG_0915.jpg
IMG_0916.jpg
on the battery, but only just:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I also use a Backcountry Research Mutherload Strap.

Careful with seat mounted bags and bottles with droppers. They will hit the tire.

I also have a motherland which works ok with the bottle

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Ok, so the Fabric bottle mounts/BTWIN cage works, but not great, rattles a bit and had in the back of my mind it could pop off.

Switched back to the motherload but used with the free kids bottle that came with my sons bike - perfect! I know you can just buy velcro for the diy store, but the motherload has rubber on the inside of the strap which A helps it stay in place and B protects from scratches - the rubber loops also hold the bottle super secure, and again stop the frame getting damaged, so worth the cyclists tax for a very simple but well thought out bit of kit IMO. The pack on the bike is a dakine hot laps , holds tube, 3 co2 inflators, levers, and a multitool.

IMG_0928.jpg

Last edited:

inwoods

Jul 31, 2018
Poulton-Le-Fylde.
I used 2 of the zefal cage mounts attaching them together so they take up less of the bar space, also using specialized side loading cages, its working well, if anyone goes this route don't use the top part of the mounts they add too much height and use the screws that come with the bottle cage and not the mounts, the mount screws are longer to account for the extra height and will foul the frame, I could possible do with different bottles, these don't snap in as good as some others probably would but they haven't come off yet.

Specialized Zee II Bottle Cage | Tredz Bikes

Zefal Gizmo III Universal Bottle Cage Mounts | Tredz Bikes

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles