STOP riding...

EMTBehave

Apr 7, 2019
CH
Sadly even that didn't last
Published : 05 Mar 2020 Last update : 22 Mar 2020
The National Trust's latest statement on coronavirus (COVID-19).
UPDATED - 1.00pm on Sunday 22 March 2020
From Sunday 22 March, we've sadly taken the decision to close our parks and gardens, in addition to our houses, shops and cafés, to help restrict the spread of coronavirus.

Many of our car parks for countryside and coastal locations will also have to close due to high demand. We urge people to stay local and observe social distancing. Please do not travel.
Information on which National Trust outdoor places are open can be found at www.nationaltrust.org.uk

Belton House, Grantham in Lincolnshire is 5-6 miles away from where I live and its a beautiful National Trust location set amongst extensive grounds (deer, waterfalls, ruins, mini railway, massive play area, cafes......and the House). One of the guys that lives in the same village as me is a NT manager. He said that they had a free open day on Saturday (yesterday). They were thinking that people could walk around the grounds with their families, in the fresh air, all keeping their distance. NT doing their bit etc. But thousands and thousands turned up and were all so jammed together, they had to restrict entry! Today it's closed!
The mind boggles at the lack of thought and logic that went into making an announcement for free entry into national trust parks and gardens at a time when social distancing was required. People were obviously then going to congregate there as some falsely perceived outdoor safe haven. Having "good intentions" is no excuse for that lack of common sense foresight.

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
To be honest where I live life goes on, traffic is still busy at 6.30 am on the way to work and the site I work on for the next 2 weeks is full of workers, all the building suppliers are still open for business and the retail parks are all still full as normal.

The only way people will take this seriously is if its made a mandatory shut down for all industries but I guess an economy claps would be worse than a virus out brake .

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
To be honest where I live life goes on, traffic is still busy at 6.30 am on the way to work and the site I work on for the next 2 weeks is full of workers, all the building suppliers are still open for business and the retail parks are all still full as normal.

The only way people will take this seriously is if its made a mandatory shut down for all industries but I guess an economy claps would be worse than a virus out brake .

I have had 8 sites shut down in central London this week, 5 of them from having people with symptoms on them, the others as just not practical to keep running efficiently., won't have any operating from now on

Supply chains falling apart too - lot of dodgy ordering going on in the sense that some suppliers are telling porky pies to keep the money coming in when they haven't got a clue what there own supply chain is looking like.

Guys where scared on the sites, I haven't seen anything like it before, people genuinely worried to come in to work, but also worried to not have any work.

Janc

Oct 22, 2019
Dorset
All those forward thinking hub motored bike owners with regen, who can be just rigging their bikes to work like an adjustable trainer .. b4stards ! :)

Maybe there should be another thread "My Garden is now a tiny bike park" ...

And I don't mean this kind of garden bike park ..

View attachment 27560
Given beaches are now being closed and even local paths were heaving yesterday, it's just a matter of time sadly before everything is closed including trails. I'm trying to work out how interesting a trail I can build in my garden!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Given beaches are now being closed and even local paths were heaving yesterday, it's just a matter of time sadly before everything is closed including trails. I'm trying to work out how interesting a trail I can build in my garden!
We're locked down here, so I've started doing the same ! :) Been trail building all day and I'm completely f3cked now :) It's great ! :)

I'm hoping someone will impress with the worlds smallest bike park ... maybe "the endless Berm"

Pics of your home bike park creations - EMTB Forums

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Hmm, @Dax, yesterday...

41QutzBnZRL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Reactions: Dax

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
I’ve gone into lockdown on my PLAYSTATION 4 playing call of duty WARZONE......running around killing people with a machine gun....that should be enough exercise for me - then went into panic mode when I realised how old my pad was.... panic bought a new pad on amazon.... should be here today.......thank fuck for that, panic over !

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I’ve gone into lockdown on my PLAYSTATION 4 playing call of duty WARZONE
add me?

PSN ID CAMP_KOALA

I d/l WARZONE the other day and played the tutorial but haven't really played any FPS since the first black ops so I'm shockingly bad now... So out of practice I couldn't even remember the control layout.
What other games do you play online?

Is there an online gaming thread on here?
Might start one

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
add me?

PSN ID CAMP_KOALA

I d/l WARZONE the other day and played the tutorial but haven't really played any FPS since the first black ops so I'm shockingly bad now... So out of practice I couldn't even remember the control layout.
What other games do you play online?

Is there an online gaming thread on here?
Might start one
Now Gary I don’t want you to tell anybody this, so keep it as a secret between you and me........when I started playing COD back In the day, I tried to get a very nasty name like “Devil Dog” or “satan’s child“ but these were all taken so I chose “Fairypants” a very threatening name I’m sure you will agree
I don’t really play any other games on line, as with a name like that it may scare children.
BUT PLEASE DON’T TELL ANY OF THE OTHERS
I will go on line shortly & send you a friends request

Bill if your reading this STOP LAUGHING NOW ?

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
Now Gary I don’t want you to tell anybody this, so keep it as a secret between you and me........when I started playing COD back In the day, I tried to get a very nasty name like “Devil Dog” or “satan’s child“ but these were all taken so I chose “Fairypants” a very threatening name I’m sure you will agree
I don’t really play any other games on line, as with a name like that it may scare children.

That’s another illusion shattered. ☹️ Always thought you were so rugged, like a lumberjack or something. At least we know now that you faked those photos of you jumping off stuff.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I went for a gentle ride early doors, and there was a police car at the car park at the top of Reigate Hill which is where you access the local section north downs way, which is basically a big open section of flat land on top of Reigate Hill , where even on the most crowded of days you dont need to go near anyone - I had a word with them and they said that fine for me to go for a ride, but they are stopping any groups etc that turn up. Fine for dog walking, families, and solo walkers/runners/cyclists.

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
North Yorks Police have just posted similar to the Avon one just up there. So contrary to my previous opinion that it was fine to travel to exercise, which was based on a direct answer to that very question posed on BBC news on the day after BoJo's announcement, I now won't be going up Sutton Bank this Sunday.

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
I’ve gone into lockdown on my PLAYSTATION 4 playing call of duty WARZONE......running around killing people with a machine gun....that should be enough exercise for me - then went into panic mode when I realised how old my pad was.... panic bought a new pad on amazon.... should be here today.......thank fuck for that, panic over !
Don't forget to quarantine the package for 3 days, when it arrives...:p

D

Deleted member 7464

I have been leaving home straight onto the moors as I think it's safer than cycling close to home as there are still groups of people walking around the streets and congregating in gardens. On a 26 mile ride today I saw 1 person and they were about 1/4 mile away.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet

BITD I actually chose the name Camp Koala for two reasons.

1) I'm a massive Tank girl fan. Camp Koala is Tank girls teddy (stuffed toy) and the only thing Tank girl genuinely loves, she takes Camp Koala to bed with her and uses it for masturbatory purpose. I'm honestly jealous of this flea ridden manky stuffed toy. and not in the slightest ashamed of myself ;)
7760e94971d353b9158edfef132e9f69.jpg

2 You've probably figured out my sense of humour is towards the darker side of the spectrum and as you will also know, BITD winning an online match on COD with a name like CAMP KOALA used send homophobic boys/men into a an absolute tantrum, which I obviously found funnyAF

I did used to be half decent at COD but only ever played free for all with whatever setting it was where you had no radar and (I think) minimum perks etc. Sorry.. it's been a while... I'm terrible at FPS now. and team matches I'm just a liability.

Played GTSport last night and was unsurprisingly utterly shit at that again at first, spinnin off most laps as i just couldn't remember any tracks, a few hours later and I'm now medeocre, If I stick at it who knows I may reach the dizzying heights of "competent" again ;)
probably hasn't helped my ranking is way down due to my daughter and her pals playing using my log-in. I have a wheel/pedals/stand set up and CBA to see if it'd need set-up on her login so have been letting them with my log in.

Sorry I missed you @#lazy. though possibly for the best until i get some consistency back and re-learn the tracks/cars.
Had a look at friends quali lap times in Sport and ATM I'm still around 1.5-2secs behind you :eek:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles