• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

Derestricting Bafang m510

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
Hi again :) Does anyone know how to increase the speed limit on the M510 above 32 km/h? I can pedal with normal cadence at 36 km\h, but the besst tool told me that I can't do it (dealer and assembler can't do it) (both besstpro (latest version) and old besst (version 18) software).

Andy5

Apr 10, 2023
Czech republic
Hi again :) Does anyone know how to increase the speed limit on the M510 above 32 km/h? I can pedal with normal cadence at 36 km\h, but the besst tool told me that I can't do it (dealer and assembler can't do it) (both besstpro (latest version) and old besst (version 18) software).
I had this some problem. In Besst pro it does not work, I had in older Besst problem with ports. Succsessfuly solved with cable from Aliexpres-set to max. 60km/hour: site 23.44£ 39% OFF|For BAFANG Programming Cable Speed Limit Release Wheel Diameter Setting M400 M600 M510 All CAN Protocol Dedicated Line| | - AliExpress

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava

Yes, it is now controlling region. Maybe try VPN to go from america.

Here is no hassle device and simple to set params with press of button.

Check this google forms for more info, pictures, video and ordering.

K1 BB3 ebay.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Was curious to know if this works (mentioned above) :

The first image on the listing is actually a video on how to do it. It's very straight forwards.

I actually bought one hoping I could just use it as a USB device to connect to the CAN bus and then make my own changes as you would in Besst, but it doesn't seem that simple ! :(

However, connect it up, power on the display DP-C245 in my case.

Connect the USB port to a laptop or power source.

The blue light flashes. Press the button as required , twice (quickly !!) in my case. Pressing twice slowly it took as a single press.

1693739438606.png

1693739490380.png

Single press :

1693739526954.png

Double press :

1693739545118.png

On the DP-C245 I had to restart the bike for the revised settings to appear on the display.

Setting it back to default is the same.

Personally, I find the motor to be the easiest to ride over the limit anyway due to the way the assistance fades out so smoothly, but it might help someone who's bike has the wrong wheel setting or something if they don't have BESST or DADO's tool's.

I need to get one of those as I want to change my startup angle - I find the bike needs too much of a crank rotation before assistance begins when you're starting on a steep section.

Jeromep

Mar 17, 2022
Florida
i just received one of these programming cables - literally today (sep7, 2023). Couldn’t figure out how to use it with DP C245 Ver 2 display, so plugged a more basic display.

Was able to switch from 15mph to 37mph (yah 37!!). Of course it comes with no instructions and the videos i could find have no audio so its difficult to know exactly how to use the damn thing. i will mess around with it some more tomorrow. if i learn anything new, i will post again.

i did take for test ride in ECO mode (mode 1) and it was happy doing 20mph - so far, so good!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles