• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

Derestricting bosch smart system

stratosa

Apr 17, 2020
GREECE
Where did you read that you get inaccurate speed displayed? The description reads that it is accurate. €9 to pay by PayPal though.. Why?! :cautious:

If you are interested try
i think they do not ask more for Paypal

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
If you are interested try
i think they do not ask more for Paypal
I’m not too fussed about accurate speed on kiox, that can be tracked by other means. Hardest part will be stopping the system or LBS from auto updating FW further down the line and bricking the speedbox lol

stratosa

Apr 17, 2020
GREECE
I’m not too fussed about accurate speed on kiox, that can be tracked by other means. Hardest part will be stopping the system or LBS from auto updating FW further down the line and bricking the speedbox lol
Nobody can guarantee you anything. Either you stick to 15mph or give it a try.

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
the bad ass dongles will work on the smart system but mileage and speed will show half going over 10 mph and have the kiox display butt gen 2 cx.

i have had my bike on the bosch diagnostic software twice and it can not see it even spinning the rear wheel, well had to try it pmsl.

tho any dongle you wire in to the motors could be bricked with a firmware update and will show error 504 triggered the anti-tampering algorithm and your bike is now in limp mode. To remove error code 504 your options are to either reset it with Bosch diagnostic tools (Take it to a shop) or physically ride your bicycle for 90 minutes (Feel the burn .

i did ask at the shop if any bosch bikes had been in with this error and not 1 so far :cool:
Cheers for update, I have a couple of badass dongles from previous bikes but how would it fit..? The dongle slides over the chainstay receiver and interrupts the signal.. the new Bosch smart system has integrated components that you can’t get to to fit a dongle?! And the fact you have a gen 2 kiox and not the 300 suggests you don’t have the Bosch smart system… gen 4 perhaps?

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
it depends where the sensor is and the magnet but if you can get the dongle on the sensor it will work.

m8 has a canyon bike and had to pull the cable out of the rear just enough to get it on the dongle and is held on with cable ties but it does work just looks a bit naff.

worst case you will have to remove the sensor cable from the frame and put it where it will work.

i have a gen 2 cx motor and this display.

View attachment 88698
my cx motor was 0 miles and brand new with peters bearings in it you should have seen the look on there faces when they plugged it in lol.
Sorry mate what are you going on about, I’m confused lol.. this thread is all about derestricting the new, 2022, Bosch smart system. Of course all other versions of Bosch can be derestricted, but as of very recently (last week) only 1 option exists to do this and it’s the speedbox v1.0.

Badass do not currently have a solution to derestrict the 2022 Bosch smart system and their old models will not work. Your mates canyon will have a shimano (ep8) probably.. again a completely different system. Let’s try to stay on point lol.

Marcharry

Mar 14, 2022
England
Sorry mate what are you going on about, I’m confused lol.. this thread is all about derestricting the new, 2022, Bosch smart system. Of course all other versions of Bosch can be derestricted, but as of very recently (last week) only 1 option exists to do this and it’s the speedbox v1.0.

Badass do not currently have a solution to derestrict the 2022 Bosch smart system and their old models will not work. Your mates canyon will have a shimano (ep8) probably.. again a completely different system. Let’s try to stay on point lol.
Don’t know much about Pairtune but it’s apparently in stock

slavio

Mar 29, 2022
Poland
Hi,

Any users of the new Speedbox 1.0 for Bosch Smart System here? I installed mine but the thing I notice is that with Speedbox installed my walk assist becomes intermittent/less powerful than before. Thouhts anyone?

Marcharry

Mar 14, 2022
England
Hi,

Any users of the new Speedbox 1.0 for Bosch Smart System here? I installed mine but the thing I notice is that with Speedbox installed my walk assist becomes intermittent/less powerful than before. Thouhts anyone?
didn't know it had been released yet?

slavio

Mar 29, 2022
Poland

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
Don’t know much about Pairtune but it’s apparently in stock

Please avoid PearTune like the plague.

The PearTune on my Brose didn't work anymore, then:
-they refused to answer emails
-Paypal refused to pay me back, but opened a case
-PearTune sent me some messages
-PearTune said me to send the item.
-then there was suddenly no answer anymore.
-Paypal refused to pay me back and closed the complaint.

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
I've never understood why the need to de-restrict the motor. If you care to,thats fine, im not being judgemental, just wondering why.

Is it the need for speed, to go ever faster ?
Increase of speed has the motor running for longer, which drains the battery quicker and limits the range.

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
Just being able to follow a group of 10 analog Mtb riders of 30-50yrs old for 35-55 km on gravel, bush, asphalt, cobblestone, enduro, field roads.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
I've never understood why the need to de-restrict the motor. If you care to,thats fine, im not being judgemental, just wondering why.

Is it the need for speed, to go ever faster ?
Increase of speed has the motor running for longer, which drains the battery quicker and limits the range.
Why would you be looking and commenting on a forum that is dedicated to derestricting then lol, makes no sense…?!

I’ve had ebikes for years and the 15mph cut off is abysmal and you go from having an advantage to a disadvantage in a heartbeat, it shouldn’t be a complete restriction but power reduced to 15% or so to compensate for the extra weight you are now slogging around which nagates the whole point of an ebike. it’s a dumb theory.

Most of us don’t want to hit 50mph, just keep up with our old selves and mates who have analogue bikes on the flats. The North American limit of 22MPH would suffice for most.

Last edited:

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
ust being able to follow a group of 10 analog Mtb riders of 30-50yrs old for 35-55 km on gravel, bush, asphalt, cobblestone, enduro, field roads.
Thanks for that. Makes perfect sense. But wont it drain the battery a lot faster, so getting 35-55km on enduro must put the battery nearly our of power under normal circumstances, let alone increased drain of de-restriicting
What size of battery is on that.

Why would you be looking and commenting on a forum that is dedicated to de-restricting then lol, makes no sense…?!
This forum isnt dedicated to de-restricting motors, just this one thread. In fact the forum itself is against this, thats why theres a disclaimer at the top.
What I was doing was asking the reason.

Not sure why you've decided to get all defensive on the subject. Are you ashamed or something.🤔

Last edited:

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
Thanks for that. Makes perfect sense.

This forum isnt dedicated to de-restricting motors, just this one thread. In fact the forum itself is against this, thats why theres a disclaimer at the top.
What I was doing was asking the reason.

Not sure why you've decided to get all defensive on the subject. Are you ashamed or something.🤔
It’s the thread I meant, why bother even looking in if you are against it or it’s not your thing? Do you visit make up forums and post useless posts there too? In fact this forum isn’t against derestricting ebikes, the disclaimer is to point out the legalities of it and not to endorse it to cover their own backs. You’ve read why we think de restricting is a positive thing now feel free to move along if you still don’t agree champ.

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
It’s the thread I meant, why bother even looking in if you are against it or it’s not your thing? Do you visit make up forums and post useless posts there too? In fact this forum isn’t against derestricting ebikes, the disclaimer is to point out the legalities of it and not to endorse it to cover their own backs. You’ve read why we think de restricting is a positive thing now feel free to move along if you still don’t agree champ.
Again you're going on the defensive matey. Im not against de-restricting.
So take your nonsense and mouthy comments and respectively shove them up your 4r5e.

nd if we do, it's on down an asphalt road without pedalling :)
I dont think ive quite got to that speed yet on freewheel, though i have set off a couple of speed cameras that were at the bottom of hills. 50mph on my ebike i'd be crapping myself :LOL:

Motohawk75

Dec 30, 2020
U.K.
Anyone have any further luck on derestricting the bosh smart system ? Im sure there must be plenty of people out there that have but no one ever admits it as if there scared to 😂🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles