• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

PearTune with Bosch SMART SYSTEM

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
Still no problems with the Pear Tune. I had a service recently, asked then NOT to upgrade the software system. Bike running like a dream, awesome getting up to full speed on long straight single track.
Hi Johnny, when you say "full speed" on singletrack what type of speed are we talking about?

The maximum speed would be limited by gearing correct? Like the motor keeps giving assistance theoretically forever.

JohnnyG37

Mar 31, 2023
Norfolk UK
Hi Johnny, when you say "full speed" on singletrack what type of speed are we talking about?

The maximum speed would be limited by gearing correct? Like the motor keeps giving assistance theoretically forever.
The speed is governed by how fast you can turn the pedals, the assistance doesn’t stop. I guess the maximum speed I’ve reached on the flat off-road is around 45 kph

tooFATtoRIDE

Sep 18, 2023
North by Northwest
I have a Pole Voima with the Bosch CX Race motor and the disc speed sensor.
Installed the Peartune PT-MSO-B2-SMART after hating the original 20mph cutoff and riding the bike for a couple of months.

Installation was plug and play and no calibration needed. Hardest part of the install was tucking in the Peartune inside the motor shrouds.

Happy to report no issues so far with the Peartune mod after riding for over 100 miles.
Interesting.

Is your Voima the LED or the ID model? I also wonder whether the fact of rim mounted magnet for speed sensor would make any difference.

European eMTBs are limited to even less than 20mph so the tune would be an interesting updae for my project.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles