Dengfu review

Dengfu

Mar 29, 2021
Australia
Hi, when I purchased my Dengfu E10 with XL frame (assembled), I noticed the gear cable appeared short (not the only thing I was short-changed on, with the suspension not being as specified but that's another story), with the handlebars not rotating around as much as I thought they should, due to the cable halting rotation (see image where cable is stretched around the head tube).

When cleaning the bike today, I noticed the cable has split and metal strands are exposed at the handlebar end. I would think this is due to the strain on the cable.

I've never come across this issue before. What are my options here:
Is it repairable?
Can I get a longer cable?
The cable appears to be branded as Jagwire Lex - is this ok or should I upgrade if I need to replace?
Is it difficult to replace on the E10? (Any tips for instructions appreciated).

View attachment IMG_20230223_165611_877.jpg View attachment IMG_20230223_165314_343.jpg View attachment IMG_20230223_164634_295.jpg

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
You should be able to purchase new cable sheath and replace it pretty easy. You will need to undo the inner cable from the derailer. Then pull it out from the top.

Then you can use the old sheathing to pull the new sheathing through. Makes getting it through the frame and chainstays easy. You may need to drop the motor to get it through there and sitting nice.

Then you can either re-use or replace the inner cable aswell. Given that it may be a bit short to begin with, you will probably want a new inner when you do the job.

Once it's all back in, then you can re index the gears and be done.

VardyR

Feb 4, 2022
New Zealand
Looking at the cable length at the derailleur there’s a chance you have enough length if you pull it through to give you more cable at the handle bars. There are clamps behind the battery that will need loosening. Then remove the inner cable and trim the outer.
Just a possibility 👍

Dengfu

Mar 29, 2021
Australia
Thanks for the responses.

I also emailed Dengu and even though this is is 100% related to lack of build quality control and I requested a replacement cable, they said no.

So... Dengfu warranty means nothing.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles