Dengfu e10 rear triangle

VardyR

Feb 4, 2022
New Zealand
Has anyone had problems with the rear triangle spreading ? I noticed when fitting the rear wheel in that there was a reasonable gab so measured it and it was out to 152mm. Anyone noticed this happening and do you just tighten it up to the wheel width anyway ?

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Yup mines out to about 6mm gap, but it was probably like that from new. I suspected at the time I built the bike up that the factory hadn’t put a cross bolt through when first coming out of the mould and whilst still cooling from heat setting the Epoxy. As I had mine in finished in gloss I had wondered perhaps it was at that stage.

I’m around a couple K clicks in and it’s not changed so I’m not worried.

VardyR

Feb 4, 2022
New Zealand
Yup mines out to about 6mm gap, but it was probably like that from new. I suspected at the time I built the bike up that the factory hadn’t put a cross bolt through when first coming out of the mould and whilst still cooling from heat setting the Epoxy. As I had mine in finished in gloss I had wondered perhaps it was at that stage.

I’m around a couple K clicks in and it’s not changed so I’m not worried.
Would you consider making a spacer to take the 6mm up ?
I’m thinking of doing that to mine so as not to put any undue stress on it

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
No need, carbon will move a lot more than the 3mm on either side without any worries. In some ways you get a more responsive feeling bike by loading up the carbon strands so that all the strands are taut within the structure, before the suspension acts. I am talking almost imperceptible forces here which will be damped by the shock absorber but its amazing the difference a fully tuned set of wheel spokes will make over a wheel that has loose or different torques on each spoke, to how " tight " the bike feels when riding it.

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
Has anyone had problems with the rear triangle spreading ? I noticed when fitting the rear wheel in that there was a reasonable gab so measured it and it was out to 152mm. Anyone noticed this happening and do you just tighten it up to the wheel width anyway ?
Hello. I have the same issue with 152mm. It is difficult to install the axle because the wheel is not standing on the drops

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
I’ve always been able to fit the axle without any problems
Since the wheel is not on the dropout at one end of the hub and the deore derailleur pulls it down, it is tilt every time. So you have to align it by hand and insert the axle. This is annoying.

photo_2023-03-30_00-58-08.jpg photo_2023-03-30_00-58-01.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles