dengfu e10 headset question

vancouver rider

Apr 25, 2022
canada
hi guys! i have not revice mine yet. but are starting to gether info for build.
what does the headset include? is it press fit or just simple integrated ?

2, do they include the star nut bolt and star nut? if not where can i get the right lenth bolt for starnut?

3, should i grease the frame bearing?
4,thanks a lot!!

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
hi guys! i have not revice mine yet. but are starting to gether info for build.
what does the headset include? is it press fit or just simple integrated ?

2, do they include the star nut bolt and star nut? if not where can i get the right lenth bolt for starnut?

3, should i grease the frame bearing?
4,thanks a lot!!
Press fit. No Starnut, but expansion/compression style insert. Throw it away and buy a starnut. It‘s crap. Bearings are sealed cartridge. No need for grease.

vancouver rider

Apr 25, 2022
canada
Press fit. No Starnut, but expansion/compression style insert. Throw it away and buy a starnut. It‘s crap. Bearings are sealed cartridge. No need for grease.
interesting. so i would need a press tool. also do i need to buy top cap, cap bolt? sorry i am kinda confused now. thanks!!

vancouver rider

Apr 25, 2022
canada
Press tool is needed, top cap and bolt come with the headset. I would set a starnut instead of using the crappy expansion insert coming with the headset. It comes loose all the time, even if it’s installed correctly.

thanks a lot! haha! btw, would you know your fork steertube lenth? my is a 19in frame. and i have already bought 2 new fork, but it still nice to buy some good value forks out there.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles