Dengfu E22 Frame Thread

TeoElFeo

Apr 13, 2022
Tallinn
Hi guys, do you have a wiring diagram for bafang E10/E22 battery? I need to figure out what wires go to golden pins (the button connectors) from the BMS. Do you also know if there is a way to reset the BMS?
The 2 golden pins are connected to the on/off switch. Inside the battery it will be 2 thin(usually red) wires. Many people prefer to shorten them to due to contact issues on the 2 golden pins.

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
Thank you for reply. I will get back to your comment again later as for now I have no idea what 4 slot type terminal is. I am trying to fix a lemon that i bought so was looking for a wiring diagram from BMS to those pins. The battery now gives incorrect data, I will need to rewire it.
This is the 4 slot terminals i am talking about. (Marked as 42v)

The 2 other terminals (marked as 21.8v) are the ones that go to the "SW" terminals of the BMS.
101687-fbe1dd345f8cbbb215be8e123174c412.jpg

101689-b8f74b2670434947cb9915c0e64da7a8.jpg

TeoElFeo

Apr 13, 2022
Tallinn
Btw if somebody in Europe is interested I can sell a used battery like that cheaply. The battery has not been used so much and is stored at 48v SOC. The main reason is that I don't use it after I got a custom batterypack.

eugene8

Nov 12, 2022
mainland
Btw if somebody in Europe is interested I can sell a used battery like that cheaply. The battery has not been used so much and is stored at 48v SOC. The main reason is that I don't use it after I got a custom batterypack.
What advantages custom batteries have and how do you install them in the frame?

Skee

Jan 17, 2023
Romania
hmm, I might be interested to have a second battery. How much?
Also just got the E22 today. Mine didn't come with shock mounting hardware did you guys did?
Thinking of getting 1 or 2 sets of these:

TeoElFeo

Apr 13, 2022
Tallinn
hmm, I might be interested to have a second battery. How much?
Also just got the E22 today. Mine didn't come with shock mounting hardware did you guys did?
Thinking of getting 1 or 2 sets of these:
These are the correct ones, I have ordered those myself.

As for the battery I will write you in DM

TeoElFeo

Apr 13, 2022
Tallinn
Do ou mean to ask what holds it in place?

The battery was a tight fit so there's not much room for it to move there. I have used 2 velcro straps to attach it to the downtube and there's a piece of hard foam(tire insert) that is wedged between the motor and the battery. That ensures that the battery is always pressed against the upper part of the downtube (there's a rib near the headtube).

Some padfing is also on the sides of the battery and under the lid, although that doesn't do much

timal

Sep 21, 2022
australia
It happened when he hit the snow and the bike suddenly almost stopped, he hit the throttle and then you can imagine what sounds he was hearing. I already contacted Timal, but got no answer, will look into some videos on youtube if there is any other store mentioned to buy it from.
However I did found an article, that wheeltop probably removed it from his site, perhaps sram has something to do with this. I think I am gonna have to grab one via aliexpress if it is still available. One more photo of my build, i still have to arrange the cables in front.

View attachment 106728
Sorry mate, just noticed your message. Replied to you in Private today

Swannking

Sep 18, 2022
California
Hi team, does anyone knows where we could buy one of these?

View attachment 107693
I used one of these. I had to do some work by filling the back side with epoxy so I could secure it using double sided tape to the frame and filed it down a little so it doesn’t rub on the chain. It has not fallen off yet. 😅
The Oneup chainguide would work also with some modifications.
Granted it is not adjustable to different size chain rings, but I have no intention to change my 38T setup. If I do, I can always redo the double sized tape.

27950890-2171-41AC-A993-0BF65A475B04.jpeg 5C5A9F49-2351-4E56-A967-FF649C5E7F7F.jpeg 4BFC1825-4F3F-44E3-93B8-4BA357691D20.jpeg 296C4B27-592C-4D83-B760-A4BAB4FBC294.jpeg

Last edited:

Swannking

Sep 18, 2022
California
My latest build with the G510 UART version has a lag when starting from full stop, more noticeable on smaller cogs. No power until the bike starts moving. My other two G510 bikes do not do that. The settings are all the same. Is it a new firmware update to protect the motor controller from burning out?
You know how sometimes you are stucked with a lower gear at a stop and need to get going again. That’s when I notice it. I don’t routinely start from stop using the “wrong” gear.

Last edited:

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
My latest build with the G510 UART version has a lag when starting from full stop, more noticeable on smaller cogs. No power until the bike starts moving. My other two G510 bikes do not do that. The settings are all the same. Is it a new firmware update to protect the motor controller from burning out?
You know how sometimes you are stucked with a lower gear at a stop and need to get going again. That’s when I notice it. I don’t routinely start from stop using the “wrong” gear.
I've noticed the same thing but only intermittently. A blip of the throttle gets it done I have found until the PAS kicks in or I can switch to a lower gear. The only thing I use the throttle for actually is for starting off 90% of the time.......

taserface

Nov 16, 2022
PNW, USA
I have an Innotrace M620 with I think Motul grease (an option when ordering) and I have to say the motor is just slightly louder than Bosch, I was surprised in this regard.
I'm just curious how long ago you ordered your motor? I tried reaching out to Innotrace a few times before and after the holidays, but the communication was a total mess (multiple emails over several weeks to get a response and when I did they were usually only partial responses, etc). I actually submitted an order (not paid), but since there were a couple mistakes that was never corrected on the order, I just stopped trying (and there was never any follow up). To be honest/frank, it "felt" like someone's hobby vs. an actual business, but I am curious if my experience was an outlier. (gonna try making a custom 72v VESC setup work instead)

Last edited:

BojanZ

Oct 10, 2022
Slovenia
I'm just curious how long ago you ordered your motor? I tried reaching out to Innotrace a few times before and after the holidays, but the communication was a total mess (multiple emails over several weeks to get a response and when I did they were usually only partial responses, etc). I actually submitted an order (not paid), but since there were a couple mistakes that was never corrected on the order, I just stopped trying (and there was never any follow up). To be honest/frank, it "felt" like someone's hobby vs. an actual business, but I am curious if my experience was an outlier. (gonna try making a custom 72v VESC setup work instead)
I ordered it in november, received it in december, about 14 days they needed to ship it and a few more days to get it to my address. Unfortunately I also have to say their replies are a mess! Still waiting for advanced password to enter correct wheel diameter and waiting for them to ship light module. If I were doing their business, my concpet would be much more user oriented! If a customer is looking for answers you need to provide at least 100% of data he asks for plus a tad more, not 30%!

TQFreak

Dec 2, 2022
USA
Same experience with Innotrace - poor response before the purchase of the unit from them and no response after the purchase of the unit from them. My guess is they do not speak English (it is noticeable in their "English" instructions on their support page) and maybe use Google translate for response and it is probably a big struggle for them they do not want to deal with.

It is funny they advertise 24/7 support

1677657193028.png

Last edited:

TQFreak

Dec 2, 2022
USA
Still waiting for advanced password to enter correct wheel diameter
The password is 1657

taserface

Nov 16, 2022
PNW, USA
Same experience with Innotrace - poor response before the purchase of the unit from them and no response after the purchase of the unit from them. My guess is they do not speak English (it is noticeable in their "English" instructions on their support page) and maybe use Google translate for response and it is probably a big struggle for them they do not want to deal with.

It is funny they advertise 24/7 support

View attachment 108074

Yeah, I noticed that as well (24/7 support advert). I also tried calling their phone number at one point near the end and no answer there either.

I think the language diff could be a factor, but I got the feeling there was more to it than that (totally speculating, though). I had an order and just needed a couple adjustments before finalizing payment, but never heard back and stopped trying at that point. Seems like that might have been worth the follow up ;) (+fwiw, I had kicked things off in both English and German in the first email several months prior and they said English wasn't a problem)

Anyway, sounds like I wasn't alone in my support experience, which makes me feel a bit better about my decision (I was previously hard sold on going Innotrace for this build). Still a lil bummed, since I had read good things about their controller/responsiveness/efficiency (though, I think the efficiency may just be a side effect of using FOC).

thelostjs

Jul 1, 2022
tn usa
I recently entered conversation on another forum as follows:

for context I ride semi aggressive speeds and power settings using a microshift 8 speed cassette 12-46t

g510 is a beast even at pas 1. With my regular pedal effort/cadence on flat road yields enough power to drive big fat mtb tires ~20mph.

Riding rolling terrain shifting through so many human sized gears without overly engaging the g510... on hilllcrest you've got a few seconds to put down power before the next one, I hate to spend even one extra second babying my way though extra shifts. I think I might even want even less gears assuming similar top and bottom ratios!

Anyone else feeling this?

BojanZ

Oct 10, 2022
Slovenia

for context I ride semi aggressive speeds and power settings using a microshift 8 speed cassette 12-46t

g510 is a beast even at pas 1. With my regular pedal effort/cadence on flat road yields enough power to drive big fat mtb tires ~20mph.

Riding rolling terrain shifting through so many human sized gears without overly engaging the g510... on hilllcrest you've got a few seconds to put down power before the next one, I hate to spend even one extra second babying my way though extra shifts. I think I might even want even less gears assuming similar top and bottom ratios!

I would also change my rear HUB for less speeds, I have 12 speed microspline cassete, but as i know only 11 or 12 speed cassetes are available for this hub. With g510 you need lets say 8 gears max and thats it.

CrownSeven

Dec 5, 2022
Minnesota, USA
I would also change my rear HUB for less speeds, I have 12 speed microspline cassete, but as i know only 11 or 12 speed cassetes are available for this hub. With g510 you need lets say 8 gears max and thats it.
I’m about to start my build, but am going to try the Prime 9 from box components which is a 9 speed cassette.

3x3 is about to release an IGH built for e-bikes that I am excited for.

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia

Yes. 100% agree. A wide gear spacing is a great match for these bikes.

I currently have the Kindernay vii which has quite large gear steps. And that is nice. The problem is that it's very easy to over select and shift 2 gears at a time. The kindernay vii is nice, but the shifting system kindernay use is a total failure.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles